New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoboLions

User Experience Designer

01-15-2013
25 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
Are the division and promotion matches consecutive? Or can you just play one, go eat dinner and watch a movie, come back a few hours later and play another match in the best-of-three/best-of-five (like ELO placement matches)? Or is it like competitive play where you play games until there is a majority winner? (This might mean 3-4 hours of consecutive play).
You aren't required to finish them right away; you will have a very generous window of time to complete your series (multiple weeks), before you are no longer eligible to be promoted. Though we want to bring you the intense feeling of a tournament game, we know people have things to do, dinners to eat, and swimming pool fires to put out.

Elezra

01-15-2013

A couple questions for me:

First, is this ranked change coming with the patch tonight?

Second, if Challenger applies to the top 250 on the ladder, will Riot do anything about smurfs? For example, we saw at one point Doublelift and his smurfs Triplelift, Quadralift, and Pentalift all in the top 15. The top 15 might only be representing the top 11 in this case. There is also Crs Nyjacky, Crs Veigar, and Nysunlight that will probably be within the top 250; scarra and prescient to name a few.That means out of the possible 250 Challenger positions available, it might only reflect the top 200 players due to a high number of smurfs that consistently hitting 2500+.

Third, if someone's average elo after the patch will be 1870. does that mean he is already in the Plat Tier, Division 5?

Xeinne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

everything sounds fun, but the whole time i've played league of legends, my reason to play ranked and play it seriously, was to have my elo displayed, so i worked hard, i read a lot, and was finally able to get to 1250+, right now im 1400~, and after all that hard work i went through to get my elo to be displayed, you just come and say, hey, its gonna be hidden, that just sux, i dont see a reason to hide it.

Masterlynk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veigar View Post
League and Ranked are the same thing. The old ladder structure (the singular ranked list of everyone that plays ranked LoL, sorted by Elo) is now going to be replaced by Leagues of similarly skilled players.

Normal games will continue to be exactly the same as before.
Thanks, but still pp will want to know their numbers....tier+ladder+how far or dangerously close they are from the next/lower league.
Thanks for giving a heads up about the friend-list, better start cleaning....

Jett0

01-15-2013

Doubt we will see this implemented until March

Azurern

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot RoboLions View Post
You aren't required to finish them right away; you will have a very generous window of time to complete your series (multiple weeks), before you are no longer eligible to be promoted. Though we want to bring you the intense feeling of a tournament game, we know people have things to do, dinners to eat, and swimming pool fires to put out.
Swimming pool fires :')

I like you Mr. RoboLions

RoboLions

User Experience Designer

01-15-2013
26 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jett0 View Post
Doubt we will see this implemented until March
We are aiming to have this on the PBE in a matter of days. We will monitor it carefully from there but don't expect it to take long after that.

eabe

01-15-2013

Its OK Riot doesn't care if we like the system at all. Apparently this thread is only to answer questions about the new system. So basically a thread for people who can't read or like to read in-between the lines.

In game says Ranked queues will go down at 12:30 PST meaning we have no time to decide if we like the change or not. No time to think about it, it will just happen. Just like there season 3 patch. I'm disliking this game more and more with every patch that comes out.

It will turn into a game like WOW. Where at first they listened to there originally fan base and everyone was happy. Then they turned on there fans and said we know whats better for you. Yet another game doomed from it's own success.

Tangy

01-15-2013

The forum posts says that in your placement games (or possible in division games), you will be based on how well you perform in those games. Does this mean that KDA ratio will also be as important as winning the game or losing the game when it comes to getting your rating?

IS149080d6605e20d28653a

01-15-2013

How is tier / division going to affect pool of players i may be matched with in solo queue?

You mentioned that old elo system is still in the game just hidden.. does that mean that both current 1800 elo player and 1200 elo player could eventualy reach platinum tier, but be matched against differently skilled oponents? ( one would be playing vs 1800 elo platinum, the other vs 1200 elo platinum?)