New League System in Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iamt3n

01-15-2013

Depending on how much winning a ranked games gives you in league points we'll see how hard it is to climb

Right now you have to win approx 25 games in a row to gets a new tier (300 elo at an average of 12 elo a game which is pretty generous). In this system you already have to win four best of 3 series to get to the top division then a best of 5 to upgrade tiers. Assuming worse case scenario for winning these say you take each of these series to game 3 and game 5. Thats 11 wins and 6 losses so maybe average those out to 5 effective wins.

You need 500 league points to upgrade all the way (here ill assume you dont lose at all, best case) youll need to have to earn 20 league points per victory for this to be as easy to climb as in the ELO system (which isnt easy to climb in the least bit... winning 25 games in a row is silly)

tl:dr

You need to earn 25 league points per game in order for this to be same climbing experience in our current ELO system. (This only accounts for earning league points and NOT the division/tier best of 3/5 series you have to win)

InusAngel

01-15-2013

couple questions if they were already answered im to lazy to check
1.) how do you know what tier your in since their are 5 tiers in each ... tier? (thats what i got from reading the example anyway)
2.) im assuming the tiers are based on your elo number so what are the number ranges for each tier and the tiers in each tier
>.>

Infinite

Recruiter

01-15-2013

sounds a lot like sc2 ranking system to me

Wendek

01-15-2013

This seems interesting, however I'm concerned with how fast we'll win those "League points". I mean, at the moment you get ~100 elo if you win 8-9 times in a row, which would be equivalent to going up one division (actually, since current tiers are divided into 350 elo, one division would be more like 75 but w/e). But I'm getting a feeling that we're going to win far less than 15 points and that as such, going up will take a much bigger number of games, resulting in the contrary of what the OP states, aka "shows your progression in a meaningful way".

theuberone

01-15-2013

Welcome back to the days of SC2 ladder anxiety.

coheedrocks72

01-15-2013

How is it pure visual? your still going to be match by your elo in a division, and your moving up and down a ladder with different tiers of players. Sounds cool to me. Hopefully though they have stricter enforcement for leavers. Playing an advancement game and having a player or two leave should seriously hurt their points and take less away from you if you lose.

GenreMX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Why these changes? lmao the current system is fine imo...

Fisherman Fizz

01-15-2013

So I'm guessing the Division and Promotion series are going to have even more raging than normal solo queue already does?

aka Katy Carry

01-15-2013

No more elo hell? YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mistilteinn

01-15-2013

I really like the idea. yay more improvement for the league