Server IP address's - Please Help Riot

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

faggleberry

01-14-2013

I go to a military college and they currently have LoL blocked, I am requesting the list of the IP address's for the actual game server, not just the LoL client, in order so that they can unblock the servers. Thank you in advance!

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

01-14-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

I think getting an VPN would be easier than having your school white listing entire LOL's IP range.

Kchaosrei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

we are talking military here. a vpn might freak them out more than unblocking a section of the net.

Lord Olo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Last I heard....

Server IPs

Who knows if these are still valid.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

01-15-2013
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Olo View Post
Last I heard....

Server IPs

Who knows if these are still valid.
These should be up to date.

Gunxlinger

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
I think getting an VPN would be easier than having your school white listing entire LOL's IP range.
A VPN may significantly increase latency.

Legendary OP

03-30-2013

I work for the government as a Network Security Analyst. Using a non authorized VPN Client on government facility can get you in serious trouble unless your security chief approves the client. Adding server ip addresses/forwarding those ports to the their firewall/routers can easily resolve the issue. However, there may be some mix feelings about exposing your server ip addresses even though they are publicly accessible. What i want to know is... Is that Military college really going to approve those ip addresses? I mean it's a school to learn not to play games.

stochastic42

04-15-2013

Students are not expected to study 24/7 x3ph and it's really not your concern so don't worry about it.

W4terF0x

04-16-2013

I would pay for a VPN solution, They secure connectivity and that's what there designed to do. Hide your identity on the internet (In this circumstance). The only concern is that you would have the facility to access without restriction to anything over the internet, So you may need to have some consideration on what content you view or download. You probably wont want to cause any issues with the military network from a virus. Which i'm assuming the student network would be completely separated from anything important anyway.

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/...-Providers.htm

DarkOktober

11-21-2013

Okay so this school, I go to the same school as op, completely condones games and we are working with the it department to get LoL unblocked. They are fine with adding the ip addresses it's just that hte list https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...r-ip-addresses is not 100% correct as LEague has attempted to connect to others and failed because it was blocked. We need an updated list to add the the whitelist. Can anybody help us?