@Morello: 2 years ago you said LeBlanc will be good when "tanky men are less popular"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jamesonw

01-14-2013

I think the best place to look for a change is her passive. Her kit has what it needs to be a bursty assassin mage. My problem with her is that no matter how fed you get you are only able to take out one target in a fight and you provide very little to the rest of the fight.

Now onto her passive. Currently I believe it is supposed to follow the whole smoke and mirrors theme she has. It just doesn't live up to that. Using her jump cleverly does give me that sense of slight of hand. Maybe making her passive add some more confusion in a combat situation somehow? Rather than making her fit the same archetype as veigar and annie (burst with some cc) make leblanc burst with mind boggling confusion heh.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-14-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiakinBloodz View Post
And even Veigar and Annie are not used
You really gotta do something with AP casters here, because even the ones who proived AoE burst and utility are not being used

Maybe give them some armor item that they can get earlier, instead of shurelias, since assassin murder them and obligate them to go tabis, or die(they die with tabi anyway)
For AP, we think there's an item gap here. Xyph and I were just chatting about this the other day. The goal is to give an AP/armor mid-tier item. It needs to let you start cloth/5 for keeping mid AD honest, build into a new late-game item (maybe not initially, but want to do it) and replace the chain vest in Z Hourglass.

ObscureClockwork

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
For AP, we think there's an item gap here. Xyph and I were just chatting about this the other day. The goal is to give an AP/armor mid-tier item. It needs to let you start cloth/5 for keeping mid AD honest, build into a new late-game item (maybe not initially, but want to do it) and replace the chain vest in Z Hourglass.
y not buff iceborn towards helping AP champions more?
iceborn is a nice item for AP champions, as it gives them more utility, mana, and ap with cdr
the only reason i feel it isn't taken, is because it costs a lot for low amounts of AP, and that the active scales off base AD

but tbh, i feel its more than just an item gap on the ap side
its also a overtune of the previously hard-to-itemize ad caster/bruisers.
because in S2, they were made to work without the new itemization choice, but now, they have them, and if we just buff up AP items, its going to then be a problem on the tank side

Samflash3

01-14-2013

How about leblanc having a magic scaling on her auto attacks(not that high. Say like 0.25/AP. Could probably work with clone) and also allowing her Q mark being proc'd by autoattacks to deal a certain amount of damage. It would not proc a silence unless it is combined by another ability. This can allow her to stay relevant in mid game without going all out since the sigil is on a somewhat low cooldown. P.s:This would make lich bane a reasonable item with her and allow leblanc to contribute to a team fight more . Although her early burst would have to be toned down but the magic damage in autoattacks would allow her to clear waves faster.

Gribblez

01-14-2013

Quote:
Its gonna take one hell of an item man.

PrincessDerpy

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
y not buff iceborn towards helping AP champions more?
Because it's a sheen carrier and thus has a distinct space in itemization already?

Utensil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Just curious and maybe this isn't the thread for it, but could one of the issues regarding this (and other things) be that the cost of AD went down, but resistances went up and AP items stayed the same? Essentially meaning AD's get bigger items at earlier levels than anyone else.

NewK1nd

01-14-2013

I think a simple passive change would work. Like making her passive move in the same direction as she is. That would at least add a bit of "illusion" since that is in her design, and it would add some utility.

Samflash3

01-14-2013

Quote:
Smart Idea Morello.You could also try
1. Maybe also change the needlessly large rod in the Hourglass to 2 blasting wands.
2. Like an hexdrinker. Amplifying tome + chain vest

BruisingPrune

01-14-2013

Quote:
But armor is literally useless in s3, especially in low amounts.