Helping Up & Coming Junglers

12345612 ... 18
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLoNeLiGhT

01-14-2013

I don't mainly jungle, but I feel its something I should probably know more about. When I do jungle, I have almost solely played WW. My playstyle is probably more aggressive then passive, so I'm wondering if you can recommend any good junglers that would work well with aggressive playstyles. Also, I'm not very sure on what items to buy on junglers in general.

Thanks in advance!

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Syndicate View Post
Hello Great thing you are doing here! I am a new player who is hoping to learn about jungling as I feel that ganking/jungling would be my playstyle and seems really fun to me so far.
I have only played a few 5v5s, mostly 3v3s. I unlocked Shaco and I am hoping to get better with him.

I start with JitB, Hunters Blade, and 5x HP. The first thing I do is rush to Blue Golem and try to get as many JitB down as I can before he spawns (4-5). I then smite him on appearance and the whole group dies almost instantly. Next is wolves just below, then across mid to wraiths. By now Smite is cooled down and I place 2 JitB in front of Red Golem then use Smite and finish them off. Then I start Ganking lanes, opting for Decieve and then Shiv (not sure which I should get first after JitB).

What I need to know is what kind of build should I be aiming for, what kind of skill setup I should choose, and how to keep up my level. I always find myself falling behind on levels because I dont really know how to jungle outside of what I just mentioned previously.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Shaco falls of late game but he is a really good ganker early. Your start path is good. If you focus to much on ganking and not actually farming the jungle you will fall behind especially if you are not getting kills or assist during the ganks.

your builds really depend on the champs your playing against but i would suggest the follow core

Wriggle's Lantern
Boots of Mobility
The Black Cleaver / Youmuu's Ghostblade or maybe even both

then you can get Guardian Angel or other tanky items to make sure you dont just melt in fights

TrueSkillz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoNeLiGhT View Post
I don't mainly jungle, but I feel its something I should probably know more about. When I do jungle, I have almost solely played WW. My playstyle is probably more aggressive then passive, so I'm wondering if you can recommend any good junglers that would work well with aggressive playstyles. Also, I'm not very sure on what items to buy on junglers in general.

Thanks in advance!
my favorite aggressive junglers are
Udyr
Lee Sin
Amumu

Udyr
Boots of Mobility
Wriggles Lantern
Frozen Mallet
Shurelya's Reverie
Runic Bulwark
Randuin's Omen

Lee Sin
Mercury's Treads
Frozen Mallet
Wriggle's Lantern
Warmog's Armor
Runic Bulwark
The Black Cleaver

Amumu
AP:
Sorcerer's Shoes
Liandry's Torment
Shurelya's Reverie
Spirit of the Spectral Wraith
Abyssal Scepter
Sunfire Cape

Tank:
Spirit of the Ancient Golem
Runic Bulwark
Mercury's Treads
Shurelya's Reverie
Abyssal Scepter
Warmog's Armor

Udyr is good about new people and ok in low elo ranked but there are better choices then him. but i love playing him.

Hope this helps

Sereg Anfaug

01-14-2013

I'd like to point out that Jitbs actually provide a smiteless leash on blue - I prefer to save the smite, immediately pick up red, and do an early doublebuff gank. It's also worth noting that only 4 Jitbs will survive to golem spawn, unless you're heavily spec'd for CDR, as they only last 60 seconds out of combat, so any placed before 0:55 will have disappeared before the spawn.

To keep my post relevant and avoid appearances of thread hijacking, I'll ask a question as well: How does one play Lee Sin effectively?

I main jungle, usually tanky champions with lots of CC, and when I tried Lee last week during the free rotation, I failed hard. I didn't feel like my ganks were effective, and I never felt strong in teamfights... if I went in, I'd get crushed, and if I hung back, I didn't contribute anything. It feels like Lee does his best work defensively, shielding and peeling for focused teammates, but beyond that he doesn't seem very useful. Thoughts?

TrueSkillz

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
I'd like to point out that Jitbs actually provide a smiteless leash on blue - I prefer to save the smite, immediately pick up red, and do an early doublebuff gank. It's also worth noting that only 4 Jitbs will survive to golem spawn, unless you're heavily spec'd for CDR, as they only last 60 seconds out of combat, so any placed before 0:55 will have disappeared before the spawn.

To keep my post relevant and avoid appearances of thread hijacking, I'll ask a question as well: How does one play Lee Sin effectively?

I main jungle, usually tanky champions with lots of CC, and when I tried Lee last week during the free rotation, I failed hard. I didn't feel like my ganks were effective, and I never felt strong in teamfights... if I went in, I'd get crushed, and if I hung back, I didn't contribute anything. It feels like Lee does his best work defensively, shielding and peeling for focused teammates, but beyond that he doesn't seem very useful. Thoughts?
Good question. I actually main lee sin so hopefully i can provide you with a good answer. He is a situational champ in my opinion. He is really good early game. If I end up getting fed then i build lots of ad and just never let up on people. If you have a hard time getting kills or even assist i tend to build him really tanky. getting items to help my team. and like you said at that point your just there to shield your carry and peel. I actually start long sword 2x hp pot to give me early damage for ganks. if you are having problems ganking people max your slow since it helps alot. but normally i max shield first for lifesteal in jungle. the main think to remember when ganking is especially after 6 is to stay in front of your enemy. your lane should be able to 1v1 that person easy with your slow. once you slow you can walk in front of them and kick them back into your ally. I hated lee sin when i first started to play him but i saw his potential from watching the pros play. and once you are good with him he is hard to stop.

KingKazuma2

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauru View Post
Hi, I want to learn to jungle, but don't know with who. I heard WW is easy, but I've also heard he's weak. Is there a strong, relatively easy jungler out there and if so, what's their optimal path?

Also how do you know when to gank (in general)? I know if the enemy pushes the lane that's a good time, but is there any other times?

Finally, are there any good guides out there for jungling that you'd reccomend?

Thank you.
I do not have a lot of experience jungling, but I have done it with Nunu. His consume heals a great amount early on if you level that (which I do), and he has a slow and speed buff. In other words, he has good sustain if you have the blue buff, and he can easily catch champions. Also, Nunu is very cheap, so you do not have to save at all really, and if you hate him you have lost very little IP. If this is not true, someone please correct me.

Sereg Anfaug

01-14-2013

Jungle Nunu actually doesn't even rely on blue buff very much, since his passive lets him cast spells for free after a certain number of autoattacks.

He's definitely a good jungle for learning with, and unlike Warwick remains viable in the current meta beyond the learning phase of the game.

TrueSkillz

01-15-2013

Correct jungle nunu is viable. Like sereg said you are not dependent on blue buff due to his passive. this is why running some attack speed on him as well in the jungle is not a bad thing. Nothing better then to save 100-150 mana on your ult lol. I would not suggest maxing his consume first since it does not really help ganks. i get 1 point in consume and max snow ball. I am logged into my alt account and in GamerGrind chat lobby.

Mauru

01-15-2013

I never did thank you for your help. Also thank you Sereg and KingKazuma2.

I had my first game as a Jungler today. We lost.

Jungle feels like a very difficult role to "get". I had to think about who to gank when, how long do I stay with my laners applying pressure vs. farming my jungle. I wasn't even sure what to build when. Needless to say I felt largely ineffective mid-late game. I will practice some more on routes and builds.

Also I'll try Nunu next time.

TrueSkillz

01-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauru View Post
I never did thank you for your help. Also thank you Sereg and KingKazuma2.

I had my first game as a Jungler today. We lost.

Jungle feels like a very difficult role to "get". I had to think about who to gank when, how long do I stay with my laners applying pressure vs. farming my jungle. I wasn't even sure what to build when. Needless to say I felt largely ineffective mid-late game. I will practice some more on routes and builds.

Also I'll try Nunu next time.
Dont worry about losing while you learn. It takes time to learn what to do when to do it. I would not suggest sitting in lane at all. once you gank just go back into jungle or go to another lane. you can always fake out the enemy acting like you left then come right back but if you dont get the kill the second time you lost out on good money and xp from farming the jungle. I would suggest focus on getting down farming the jungle because even if you did not gank once you will be useful mid/late game. if you do nothing but gank and are not getting assist or kills then you will not only fall behind on money but lvls as well. I really cant tell you when to gank. You just analyse the situation and if you think its worth trying to get a kill then do it. if not just farm. Jungle is the hardest role in the game but the most rewarding. Also if you dont have think skin jungle might not be for you. Even if you did everything correct and you lose. 80% of your teams will blame you.

12345612 ... 18