24 Hour Ban D:

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiromi Kusatsu

01-14-2013

Okay, I've served most of my time. Have 4 hours of not playing left. Its torture. I never knew you could get banned in this game but now I know. And I will be very very more careful. But I have a question. What comes after a 24 hour ban? and then after that and so on until perma. And I have a fear that I'm going to be in a life threatening situation one day or have a power outage and idling / leaving will eventually pile up and perma ban me. I put money into this game because RIOT is awesome, I just don't want to get screwed over.

TL;DR (Too Long Did Not Read)

What to do if your in a life threatening situation and you are forced to leave; will this add up and perma ban you?

Delingar

01-14-2013

So you're worried you'll have to decide between attending to a life threatening emergency and being banned on LoL? Really?

It takes a lot of screw ups to get temp banned. It takes a lot of temp bans before you get perma banned. If you're thinking you might find your way to a perma ban, you might need to rethink playing LoL. There are plenty of other games that don't punish you on an official level for bailing on teammates.

Edit: Level 15 and you've already received a temp ban. I suggest reading the Tribunal forum and get a feel for what sort of behavior leads to bans.

Andarel

01-14-2013

If you are in a life-threatening situation you probably shouldn't be playing videogames, but...

If you got a 1-day ban from LeaverBuster, after a few more leaves you will get I believe a 3-day ban. However, playing games without leaving will decrease your punishment level - the more you play without leaving, the harder it is for a single leave to cause you problems.

Basically:
- If you are in repeated life-threatening situations you probably shouldn't be playing LoL when at risk.
- Leaving will cause you issues, but if you just play for a while without leaving it will lower your penalty levels.
- Idling in game is just as bad as leaving, and the server will kick you after a bit anyways.
- Easy way to get around all problems: Only play when you know you have the time to, and when you get into game stick with it until the end.

Delingar: It sounds like it was a LeaverBuster ban, not a tribunal ban.

Hiromi Kusatsu

01-14-2013

It was a leaverbuster. I afked for 15 minutes in a bot match because I knew we would win and I had to go do something.

RiotKTGoldwolf

Assistant Producer

01-14-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacDestruction View Post
What to do if your in a life threatening situation and you are forced to leave; will this add up and perma ban you?
First of all: if you are ever in a life threatening situation - get outta there! Remember that no game is worth your safety.

If you don't purposefully leave games, you won't get a leaverbuster ban.

I've told this story a few times but the building I played LoL in while in college has caught on fire - twice(!) - while I was in the middle of a game! The system takes into account that sometimes these things will happen.

The good news is that though you have received a punishment you can come back into good standing by playing more games and not leaving. We want you to become a great member of the community! If you continue to play without leaving and follow the summoner's code you won't be punished for the rare unpredictable incident.

Hiromi Kusatsu

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKTGoldwolf View Post
First of all: if you are ever in a life threatening situation - get outta there! Remember that no game is worth your safety.

If you don't purposefully leave games, you won't get a leaverbuster ban.

I've told this story a few times but the building I played LoL in while in college has caught on fire - twice(!) - while I was in the middle of a game! The system takes into account that sometimes these things will happen.

The good news is that though you have received a punishment you can come back into good standing by playing more games and not leaving. We want you to become a great member of the community! If you continue to play without leaving and follow the summoner's code you won't be punished for the rare unpredictable incident.
Wow <3 I feel special that you replied to this thread :]

Thankyou!

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-14-2013

Oh lord... I hope there weren't sprinklers. Wet dog smell isn't what you want to smell after getting out of a fire...

OhBoyItsaMegaman

01-14-2013

Unless I'm mistaken, Leaverbuster does not issue permabans. The ban times will become longer, and your leaver level will take longer to decay, but you'll never actually be banned forever just for leaving games.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhBoyItsaMegaman View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, Leaverbuster does not issue permabans. The ban times will become longer, and your leaver level will take longer to decay, but you'll never actually be banned forever just for leaving games.
This is incorrect. While leaverbuster will never automatically issue a permanent ban, it will push cases that are over a certain threshold/at a certain leaver level to a Riot employee. So while the system itself doesn't 'do it,' it can result in permanent suspensions.

coheedrocks72

01-15-2013

Life threatening situation > A video game

Its just a game, a very fun good game, but still just a game.