@Lyte @Riot Toxic players at all time high

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auspexa

Member

01-14-2013

You downvote me? Face it.

Permabanned players keep playing on different accounts without changing their behavior and Riot does nothing to stop that. I got 2 permabans, more than 20 temporary bans total. I didn't stop playing a SINGLE day, you see?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-14-2013
5 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasquid View Post
@Lyte one of the problems I have with the Tribunal is the "provoker." You know when I read a case I read the whole thing not just the words of the accused. I must say in a lot of cases I hit punish on I really wish I could punish the jerk that started it all. Don't get me wrong it's not good to retaliate with negativity, but if the provoker isn't punished and the accused is we have a problem. Because at the end of the day they're BOTH wrong.
Provokers are almost always punished more quickly and more often than retaliators.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-14-2013
6 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasquid View Post
I also believe the warning you issue through email should flash on screen when they log in. I mean I totally forgot what email I even had attached to my account and rarely check it. This could also stop some people from acting poorly after the warning because they actually see it. Just my opinion and I know a lot of others don't check their email as often.
Thanks for the suggestion, this is something the team has been brainstorming about. We agree that we aren't reaching as many players as we should be with the Tribunal Warnings.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Failcomplete

Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auspexa View Post
You downvote me? Face it.

Permabanned players keep playing on different accounts without changing their behavior and Riot does nothing to stop that. I got 2 permabans, more than 20 temporary bans total. I didn't stop playing a SINGLE day, you see?
Being someone that has "beat" the system, do you have a suggested fix? What would stop someone like you from making just another account?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tormm

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Provokers are almost always punished more quickly and more often than retaliators.
So even though we can only see one person that got reported from a game, we don't need to worry that the others didn't also get reported?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

01-14-2013
7 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtÚn View Post
I have a question about the 'unskilled report', does this lower their invisible mmr so they get put into games with others that have been reported as unskilled or does it put them up to the tribunal?

I've done my fair share of tribunal votes and i am still yet to see an unskilled player flag.
Unskilled Reports aren't used in the Tribunal, but are aggregated for matchmaking analyses and adjustments.

We never want to ban a player for Unskilled Play because that makes no sense--everyone has bad games once in awhile, and League of Legends is for every player regardless of them being 500 Elo or 2000 Elo. If a player gets a lot of Unskilled Player reports (above the norm), then we need to figure out what went wrong in the matchmaking that the player got put into the wrong bracket and improve that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auspexa

Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Failcomplete View Post
Being someone that has "beat" the system, do you have a suggested fix? What would stop someone like you from making just another account?
I had billions of suggestions on numerous threads, this one being the biggest.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2764654

It's really not hard but Riot just wants to punish people for the sake of punishment, not reform.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkChibiman

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Unskilled Reports aren't used in the Tribunal, but are aggregated for matchmaking analyses and adjustments.

We never want to ban a player for Unskilled Play because that makes no sense--everyone has bad games once in awhile, and League of Legends is for every player regardless of them being 500 Elo or 2000 Elo. If a player gets a lot of Unskilled Player reports (above the norm), then we need to figure out what went wrong in the matchmaking that the player got put into the wrong bracket and improve that.
Lyte, honestly I think you need to remove the "Unskilled Player" report option - I think your matchmaking system is far more sophisticated than my opinion on the skill of X player.

I see the threat of an "unskilled player" report being wielded more than any other report. The accusing-party is usually malicious themselves and will usually get reported for verbal abuse - but I feel giving the report feature this option that is meant to target the unskilled, with no regard to their behavior, undermines reporting as a whole.

Slightly revamp the report feature - make it only about reporting the malicious and bad-natured players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auspexa

Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChibiman View Post
Lyte, honestly I think you need to remove the "Unskilled Player" report option - I think your matchmaking system is far more sophisticated than my opinion on the skill of X player.

I see the threat of an "unskilled player" report being wielded more than any other report. The accusing-party is usually malicious themselves and will usually get reported for verbal abuse - but I feel giving the report feature this option that is meant to target the unskilled, with no regard to their behavior, undermines reporting as a whole.

Slightly revamp the report feature - make it only about reporting the malicious and bad-natured players.
I agree. Report function creates the toxicity itself.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reebdoog

Senior Member

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Unskilled Reports aren't used in the Tribunal, but are aggregated for matchmaking analyses and adjustments.

We never want to ban a player for Unskilled Play because that makes no sense--everyone has bad games once in awhile, and League of Legends is for every player regardless of them being 500 Elo or 2000 Elo. If a player gets a lot of Unskilled Player reports (above the norm), then we need to figure out what went wrong in the matchmaking that the player got put into the wrong bracket and improve that.
I have a question then: How do you decide whether one of those unskilled player reports are false reports? I read about people reporting for unskilled over the tiniest mistake that person made. I also read about how 4-man premades consistently report the loner for unskilled if anything goes wrong in the match, even if it wasn't their fault. How do you combat this so people are not put in the wrong bracket because of false reports?

*edit* Sorry I am getting technical, I am just curious about it, not complaining about the current system.