Skin: Stormcall Soraka

1234511 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spookypatrol

01-14-2013

So earlier I asked the community which champions they really wanted to see skins for. Soraka was among the most popular, so I tried my hand at creating a skin for her and displayed it for feedback. Overall it received some pretty nice feedback, so I figured I'd post the idea here

Introducing Stormcall Soraka, ready to go with fun lightning bolt effects and the like.

Work In Progress of colored art

Attachment 595140

WIP Concept Sheet

Attachment 621879

Original Concept Art

Attachment 592543

Please note that this is very early concept art, and I am currently in the process of creating proper, colored art for her, which entirely likely will receive slight design changes.

Ability Particle Changes:

Starcall would rain down in lightning bolts.

Astral Blessing and Infuse (on ally) would revolve around rain and wind particles. (Thanks to A Swarm of Koala and Skyhawke for the recommendation!)

Infuse (on enemy) would send out an electrical shock.

Wish would also have a rain effect, perhaps. (Again, thanks to A Swarm of Koala and Skyhawke.)

Anyway, the skin idea is still in development, and I know you guys probably want to see some color pictures. I am endeavoring to complete some proper art as soon as possible

(rest assured that if Stormcall Soraka gets popular enough her thread will end up looking a lot more like Firedancer Draven's as soon as it's done )

Spookypatrol

01-14-2013

Updated the colored concept art WIP to include the majority of her flat colors.

Major Nuker

01-14-2013

Looks nice and I like the thinking behind it.

+1

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Awww, Raka won the poll. Lame

But at least the end product should be amazing if it's anything like your Draven.

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-14-2013

Hm. While at first glance it's a nice idea, I honestly am not convinced it would work. I have to wonder how you'd reconcile this with her heal, her (allied) infuse, and her ult.

The skin practically makes itself for starcall and (enemy) infuse, but I have no idea how you'd imply that something positive was going on with her heal, allied infuse, and her ult.

A Swarm of Koala

01-14-2013

I like it. +1

A Swarm of Koala

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
The skin practically makes itself for starcall and (enemy) infuse, but I have no idea how you'd imply that something positive was going on with her heal, allied infuse, and her ult.
I'd guess rain. Water is often attributed to healing, and it says stormcaller, not lightningbringer, so other things, like rain, and possibly hail or snow (don't know how those would fit in though), are still on the table.

Plus, now that riot's done nami, we know they can do justice to water effects now.

Skyhawke

01-14-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
Hm. While at first glance it's a nice idea, I honestly am not convinced it would work. I have to wonder how you'd reconcile this with her heal, her (allied) infuse, and her ult.

This is my main concern with the skin. Maybe rain effects for the heals? I know WC3 and probably WoW had Tranquility which healed with some rain type effects..

Edit: Shen'd lol

Krimson62

01-14-2013

i approve, first solid soraka theme ive heard

Spookypatrol

01-14-2013

@Yoruichi: Soraka won the poll for the first to receive his/her own thread, but I can almost guarantee other skins will also get their own in the not-so-distant future.

@WarlordAlpha: I definitely can see what you're thinking and it was one of my concerns when coming up with the particle effects, but I really do like Koala and Skyhawke's ideas. (the rain.) The skin, while definitely taking advantage of the lightning-theme, is more storm themed overall, so it's probably better if I integrate wind and rain as well.

@A Swarm of Koala, and Skyhawke: Yeah, I'm definitely going to make a modification to the op and add in rain/wind effects for her healing abilities. Thanks

1234511 ... 15