Preseason Three Digi-Art Throwdown Contest FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grammatizator

01-12-2013

I actually might wanna do this. teemo hat op

Snĝw Pánda

01-12-2013

So can we draw more than one champ getting ready or is it just one favorite champ getting ready...

Claudio Striker

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPudding View Post
This is a global contest. Including China, and Garena territories as well.
Not Global, Brazil is excluded. We have a server and yet we can't even participate in the contest, this is absolutely ridiculous.

RRRecycle

01-12-2013

I'm not a digital artist (I am only talented enough to draw). Can I still take part if I submit a scanned image?

Koakuma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2013

Aw only items listed as season 3 new items, I wanted to do something with total biscuit of rejuvenation.

Talentha

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanderbolt View Post
I was reading the legal stuff and it said that the recipient will be paying the taxes. Riot, correct me if I'm wrong, but that means the winner will be paying up to 2 (two) thousand dollars worth of taxes. (tax on the 2000.)
First off, you don't pay taxes on digital merchandise, secondly, that would only be about $150 to $200 on a $2k tablet + misc goodie bag prizes. Think of it this way, you're paying that little for a tablet that expensive. Forgive me if my numbers are wrong, but I do know you do not pay for the full 2k.

Crobot

01-12-2013

I use vector as a medium for most of my artwork. I'm not talking about tracing over anime with the pen tool in illustrator, I'm talking actually DRAWING with vectors. The problem is, I really want to enter this contest, however, JPEGs and vectors dont like each other.

Vector art's smooth quality tends to get slightly distorted or cloudy by being converted into jpeg format. Is there no way I can submit my art in PNG format and have it counted?

Uracle

01-12-2013

Does it have to be a single illustration or can it be in comic form?

Hummin

01-12-2013

Can I enter more than once?

And can the items be cracked/breaking?

MsPudding

Sentient Pudding

Follow MsPudding on Twitter

01-12-2013
5 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobot View Post
I use vector as a medium for most of my artwork. I'm not talking about tracing over anime with the pen tool in illustrator, I'm talking actually DRAWING with vectors. The problem is, I really want to enter this contest, however, JPEGs and vectors dont like each other.

Vector art's smooth quality tends to get slightly distorted or cloudy by being converted into jpeg format. Is there no way I can submit my art in PNG format and have it counted?
You make an interesting point. We plan on using jpg files only in the reviewing process (we need the full size file upon winning)! If it's that big a quality shift, send in your entry twice. In your first entry, submit with JPG, and leave a comment that you also submitted a PNG for better viewing. Second submission will go to the blocked category by default, but we'll be able to look it up in the system if you've piqued our interest