Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ron Paul

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Bound View Post
You're right, that is arrogant.
Can you seriously say that someone like Rekeii's amazing submission isn't worth top 20 but a cookie with icing on it is?

Kai Talakki

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Bound View Post
The Teemo Gingerbread entries did not beat out any of the entries here. If you check the entrants' names on LoLking you'll see the players who submitted the gingerbread Teemo entries are all EU players. If you check the EU thread for this contest, you'll see the winners for NA and EU are different because they were only competing among people from their own jurisdiction. So if Riot plans to award the people's choice award to different people for NA and EU as well, in light of EU's smaller competition pool it makes sense that some of their entries that made it to the people's choice round are not as polished as the ones that didn't make the cut in NA.
This doesn't change the fact that the voting area is terribly set up. Not all the entries show up when you first view it (Refreshing shows more) so you aren't even seeing all the possible ones you could vote on. The fact that NA and EU entries are mixed seems weird to me, I would think it should be separate for each region if there are separate winners for each region. Not to mention I have seen at least one entry shown TWICE (one of the Summoner's Rifts, the one with the marshmallows as turrets). The actual entries aside, the voting process is terrible here.

Forevergogo

01-11-2013

Man.. and here I spent weeks planning this out, countless hours laboring over this AMAZING vladamir blood puddle... :*(

Not even Honorable Mention.... THIS VOTING WAS TEEMO RIGGED!!! >_<

jaypenn

01-11-2013

"riot swag" oh god why Riot...

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-11-2013
2 of 46 Riot Posts

I want to clear a few things up.

There are winners from NA and EU that were selected and prized independently. Both are displayed in the voting app because we thought it would be nice to let people from all over the world see each other's entries. The grand prize winners are shown in the voting area as well, but they did not bump any Community Choice entries. There will be 5 Community Choice entries selected for both NA and EU by taking the top 5 voted entries from each region.

It is also important to note that the contest rules for EU, although similar, were not the same as NA as there are a number of countries that do not share the same gingerbread custom as we do here in the United States and Canada.

As for the voting app itself, we made a number of changes based on feedback from the last contest. Voting is now blind and randomized. Every voter should be presented with the same 60 options, but the order in which they are presented is random to prevent certain entries from getting more votes simply because they are listed at the top of the page.

As for sorting of entries, we do in fact go thru every single submission. We are sticklers on the rules and failure to follow them results in a automatic DQ, regardless of the quality or effort that went into an entry.

ShinJuKa

01-11-2013

Sadly my entry didn't make it either, even though there are plenty other Regifted amumu's up for voting which I think are on par... Disappointed but eh.

http://imgur.com/a/HWgL4#27

Zonfurp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

My Submission

It was challenging to make the little turret, especially once the gingerbread I was using started getting dry and crumbly. I have never used food as an art tool, so thanks for the unique experience that I would never have tried with out this game
No luck, maybe next time!

Ron Paul

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
I want to clear a few things up.

There are winners from NA and EU that were selected and prized independently. Both are displayed in the voting app because we thought it would be nice to let people from all over the world see each other's entries. The grand prize winners are shown in the voting area as well, but they did not bump any Community Choice entries. There will be 5 Community Choice entries selected for both NA and EU by taking the top 5 voted entries from each region.

It is also important to note that the contest rules for EU, although similar, were not the same as NA as there are a number of countries that do not share the same gingerbread custom as we do here in the United States and Canada.

As for the voting app itself, we made a number of changes based on feedback from the last contest. Voting is now blind and randomized. Every voter should be presented with the same 60 options, but the order in which they are presented is random to prevent certain entries from getting more votes simply because they are listed at the top of the page.

As for sorting of entries, we do in fact go thru every single submission. We are sticklers on the rules and failure to follow them results in a automatic DQ, regardless of the quality or effort that went into an entry.
Quote:
"
The submission must include gingerbread, graham crackers, or Christmas cookies and must be entirely edible
It must display a League of Legends theme, whether a champion, map, item or lore
Submit 2 1280x720 pictures of your entry as .jpg or .png
One of the pictures must include your summoner name physically written in icing, next to the submission
This must be YOUR submission that you created yourself! Googling “LoL gingerbread house” doesn’t count
The entry must be made specifically for this contest! Don’t use anything you made or submitted to us before
You can collaborate with as many people as you want, but only three will be credited for each submission
"
So which one of these rules can someone possibly not follow? As long as you have gingerbread, crackers, etc, and took the proper photos, what could you really DQ someone for?

Also, if you are sticklers with the rules, how does this follow the rules? There are no gingerbread, graham crackers, or Christmas cookies visible, yet won.
http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....Sintharyia.jpg

Evilperson69

Recruiter

01-11-2013

Quote:
Winners shall be chosen by Sponsor based upon the following criteria: (i) originality; (ii) creativity; and (iii) visual appeal, with equal weight being given to each criterion.
Seriously, can someone please tell me one thing that is original or creative about taking the Teemo example in the rules post and recreating it....

And for the record, both of the submissions I'm referring to I believe were very well created for what they are, but the fact is that they are neither original nor creative, they're just replicas.

Tuff Genius

01-11-2013

Wait... So the theme wasn't christmas?

Really sad... but congratz to the winners.