Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest Winners!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScottyRawr

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HxC2 STEP RANDY View Post
by the way also have to say im shocked a lot of yours didn't win compared to the winners using fondant and just frosting
Agreed. I didn't make one (no cooking talent ), but there are plenty of submissions that were posted here with obviously no fondant used. So, I will not be voting. Good luck though! (:

Dreampod

01-11-2013

Also the EU Winner Snowmerdinger is in violation of the rules. If you look at the picture you can clearly see that the fondant head is attached using a pair of toothpicks (which are not edible).

Ron Paul

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
Also the EU Winner Snowmerdinger is in violation of the rules. If you look at the picture you can clearly see that the fondant head is attached using a pair of toothpicks (which are not edible).
In fairness, in the NA thread a red posted that you were allowed to use non-edible pieces for structure/support.

Dreampod

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
I read in the NA thread by a red that you were allowed to use non-edible pieces for structure/support.
I didn't see that and followed the thread fairly closely. They said that your platform that you built on could be non-edible. If that is the case though I'll feel really silly about using (and breaking lots) of uncooked spaghetti to hold my gingerbread in position while the icing hardened.

GoddessShallah

01-11-2013

I wanna put my entry here and see what other people say, it didn't make it but mine is clearly gingerbread! (I have a yummy vegetarian recipe) and I will show the big picture instead of the 1280. I am really proud of my cupcake, and my Pix! I made Pix from white chocolate and added a pink swirl of food color while it was baking. I too am wondering if they had time to see all of the entries? Because not saying mine was worthy but a lot of them I've seen I thought wow, how did that not make the fan vote.

Riot I truly think you should put all the entries on the fan vote and give us a chance to voice our opinions as it is the fan vote, honestly. You said Gingerbread theme contest, so that is what I gave you. I know a lot of people gave you gingerbread. I made a gingerbread theme Lulu with frosting and candy, cause that's what gingerbread houses are like. I didn't make a cake, so yeah I am a little upset, yeah I cried like I said on the other one and yeah I don't think it's fair. If you say gingerbread, I think you should stick to it. Again not saying that mine was even worthy of anything but still. If you want a cake contest, say it is a cake contest.

I can give you my two cents of having been a volunteer for an online text game for about 7 years, when contest like this happened, there were times when people rushed through the entries and didn't look at everyone because of so many submissions.

Lumaral

01-11-2013

Voted for Re-gifted Amumu
Good luck to all contestants! We didn't make it to the top 20

GoddessShallah

01-11-2013

The button on Lulu's head is a peppermint that I covered in frosting and decorated with frosting, rather proud of that too!

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikii View Post
Congratulations all who won! Here's my submission. I didn't make top 20 but I worked my butt off for it, I'd like to share it anyway! It's a section of the Dominion map btw
I'm pretty dumbstruck how your entry didn't make it Reikii, considering the simplicity of the ones that did. I mean, even my entry is better than some of those, IMHO, and yours is 20x better than mine.

Ron Paul

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
I didn't see that and followed the thread fairly closely. They said that your platform that you built on could be non-edible. If that is the case though I'll feel really silly about using (and breaking lots) of uncooked spaghetti to hold my gingerbread in position while the icing hardened.
He's fine on this,
Quote:
You can use some metal wire for structure but when it comes to decor, I'd suggest only using edible items.
However, he is guilty of,

Quote:
Yes, you have to visibly have gingerbread, graham crackers or cookies in the creation

Dreampod

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumaral View Post
Voted for Re-gifted Amumu
Good luck to all contestants! We didn't make it to the top 20
You mean the one made entirely out of fondant except for the (completely extraneous) mistletoes sitting next to him? Great job!