[PSA] Do not let anyone know what you have on your account

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lexinus

01-09-2013

Bump

Seriously, the fact that Riot responds to people who QQ over Legacy skins and Limited Edition skins, but not this is maddening. Riot, this is what is important to gamers. Not the difference between the skins we can spend money on now and the skins we can spend money on during the holidays. All Riot seems to care about is money in their "Free to Play" game. More like "Free to Invest Hard Earned Money and be Banned at Out Disgretion" This is disgusting.

DreadPirateLynx

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
LOL he removed the videos. He is so guilty.
That's the same thing I was thinking. It looks extremely suspicious that the video of a LoL account for sale was taken down by the user no more than a few hours after the link showed up here

(Actually, on second thought, I guess it's possible that the video belonged to another user monitoring this thread and they took it down to protect themselves)

Xengre

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decoy131 View Post
Is this your youtube?
http://www.youtube.com/user/lafate

If so, I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is why you were banned:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ8KsO2FM5g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr4PE...o1abTA&index=5
This is a video from his account in which you can see him logged into LoL (his user name). Over 22k RP lol...

this is on the same channel as in the quote of which multiple accounts for various games are being sold.

Looks rather bad for you OP... You telling the truth? Betting on no.

IS141f1f201a7308

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post
This is a video from his account in which you can see him logged into LoL (his user name). Over 22k RP lol...

this is on the same channel as in the quote of which multiple accounts for various games are being sold.

That video is over 8 months old....

EDIT: Also selling accounts doesn't mean he sold this account. Hell 70% of the league population has had dealings with the gaming black market.

Kënfrot

01-09-2013

well bump every time I see this thread

FedeDotti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

If all this is as you explained, riot disappointed me.

DreadPirateLynx

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xengre View Post

So the evidence that GD has put together so far:
  • A Youtube channel with videos selling several accounts for other games has video of someone logged in to the OP's main account
  • A video selling a LoL account was taken down from this same channel within hours of the link being provided in this thread (I personally didn't see it. Can anyone confirm if it was the OP's account or not?)

I suppose it's possible he's being set up, but these videos seem like enough to ban the account honestly (assuming the video taken down was of his account of course)

EDIT: Also, the fact that the video with him logged in is over 8 months old leads me to believe that it's highly unlikely that he was set up. Having that kind of patience isn't something I would usually attribute to the type of person who would do that.

NlKE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS141f1f201a7308 View Post
That video is over 8 months old....

EDIT: Also selling accounts doesn't mean he sold this account. Hell 70% of the league population has had dealings with the gaming black market.
then why'd he take it down right when it was posted here? lol

and 80% of all facts on the internet are made up.

Krimson62

01-09-2013

hmm that youtube account is fairly suspicious...

now while i am a bit skeptical of the OP now it doesn't excuse riot from acting the way they have.

There needs to be some kind of proof the account in question is the one sold, or that that youtube account even belongs to the OP

while i am leaning towards the OP being guilty, i still think riot should handle it properly and present SOME evidence so it's a little less scary for the general consensus

Lomar

Associate Producer

01-09-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey all.

Seeing as account hacks are a very serious issue, I wanted our team to take a hard look at this. Having your account compromised is arguably the worst experience you can have in League of Legends. If Player Support had added insult to injury by banning a player who legitimately had their account ripped from them, I wanted us to publicly apologize for the mistake and get this fixed immediately.

However, the evidence we've put together tells a very different story from what the OP claims. We can't disclose some details as they concern private information of the OP or other players and doing so would violate our Privacy Policy, but I can give you all a basic sketch of the facts.

The OP purchased a significant amount of Riot points in November via PayPal. It was actually an amount higher than the $400 claimed (and is currently subject to a chargeback). Approximately four weeks ago, the OP posted details for the sale of his account to several sales websites, including ownedcore.com. (Links withheld as the posts contain personal info). The sales listed the inventory of the account, which we then matched with the OP's account.

We received a ticket at the beginning of January from a player claiming that the OP offered to sell them the account. The buyer agreed, paid, and never received the account from the OP. The buyer included screenshots of the PayPal transaction, as well as their Skype conversation with the OP. Without giving personal details, the Skype name, account e-mail address, e-mail address listed in the selling listings, and the PayPal e-mail address all connect to each other. The IP address on the OP's account has remained constant throughout this entire time period.

I hope that clears this up a bit. However, the real reason for this post is to underscore how important account theft is to us. This is an incredibly awful thing to go through. If you are hacked, contact Player Support immediately, and we'll work with you to get your account back, in the exact same shape it was in before it was stolen. Thanks for putting up with my wall of text.