All the hate on Riot.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Carber97

01-09-2013

can u help us out link is here

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...5#post33302375

cheers

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous Arrows View Post
I scroll through these forums and what I see alot of is people being really mean about riot.
Everything they do gets hate, if theres something wrong with a champion then they are idiots and they are useless for making too many teemo skins instead of buffing someones favourite champion or nerfing darius.

The way I see it Riot created a FREE and fun game which is extremly popular and there is no way to meet the demands of everyone. It just really annoys me how rude some people are instead of just appreciating the effort they put into the game.
If you don't like it you shouldn't play,
That is all
Rant over
Someone has to call them on the fact they've done little to nothing for melee ADCs since inception

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2013

I love that when we started getting real serious, and giving suggestions the devs flew away from this thread in a heartbeat.

Halcione

01-09-2013

There's a term for that "unpleasable fanbase".

No matter what they do, they can't keep everyone satisfied, but quite a few are, the whiners are just more vocal.

Take bunny riven for example. When the thread requesting it was around, it gathered god knows how many upvotes, it was pretty much THE most desired skin in the game. It comes out and what happens? forum gets flooded with "Riot is sexist" threads.

Take Slay Belle katarina. Riot removes the pole dancing animation because people complained about the sexualization. What happens right after? forum gets flooded with "RIOT RETARDED, BRING IT BACK" threads.

DISCLAIMER: That the animation was swapped due to sexualization complaints is my own "theory", I was away at the time and did not see the actual start of the ordeal, disregard if it wasn't so.

In any case, there will always be people who like a change, and people who dislike it. Only difference is, the ones that like it go and have fun with it, the ones that don't come to forums to cry about it.

Sometimes the crying is deserved, sometimes it isn't.

FilthySaint

01-09-2013

As far as I'm concerned, Riot is phreaking awesome. My generalized hatred of all mankind notwithstanding.

It's many of the PLAYERS that I just can't stand.
And now I need to start being nice to them, otherwise my next ban is probably going to be permanent. ~.~

Edit: according to spell check and then Wikipedia, phreaking is an actual term. Who knew? O.o

bunies

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous Arrows View Post
I scroll through these forums and what I see alot of is people being really mean about riot.
Everything they do gets hate, if theres something wrong with a champion then they are idiots and they are useless for making too many teemo skins instead of buffing someones favourite champion or nerfing darius.

The way I see it Riot created a FREE and fun game which is extremly popular and there is no way to meet the demands of everyone. It just really annoys me how rude some people are instead of just appreciating the effort they put into the game.
If you don't like it you shouldn't play,
That is all
Rant over
just because it is free doesn't mean they don't make money from it dumb ass

boourns

UI Designer

01-09-2013
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
The steady loss of transparency is pretty tragic, and one of the main reasons I feel disconnected from Riot. The open channels and discussions are rather drier, these days. Why?
Also keep in mind that our community has gotten *much* larger. It's both harder to find good threads to respond to and hard for people browsing the forum to see red threads and have productive discussions in them. Red trackers do help, but still a tough problem. I don't feel like I'm any more or less transparent than I was two years ago.

MeowMeowMoo

01-09-2013

someone rages on the forum to nerf somebody like gragas, karthus, rumble, irelia, rengar, etc.

when riot does later, they curse at riot for nerfing the champ they requested

i'm confused

KevinDelMarr

01-09-2013

The only thing I dislike is that for evey 3 cool things they add, they take another one away.

We've gained better quality skins, more Summoner Icons, Spectator Mode, Improved TT, Model Reworks, etc

But we've lost League Judgements, no RP for good behavior in 2012, Patch Previews, missed out on special SR.

We have a net gain in content, though as someone who started last December, there are quite a few things I was looking forward to that got taken out because of lack of interest/time. The lack of Patch Previews is the worst, because we really got to hear from Morello himself the reasoning for changes, now it's just things you would expect from reading the Forums, or random changes for whatever reason they were made

Calderweiss

01-09-2013

Would you at least address the armour cost creep and the status of BC? I see that item on like everyone now, and it mega hurts. What gives?