Error, Graphics card or driver does not support shader model 2.0

First Riot Post
123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-30-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

It seems like some of these questions may be answered by the following articles.

System requirements for LoL:
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...m+Requirements

Updating your video drivers:
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...o+Card+Drivers

If you've played League of Legends in the past with the same video card, but now you're getting Shader 2.0 errors, I would really appreciate it if you could post your dxdiag.

Dxdiag info

Axethor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

thanks for te help jesse. i'm going to instal the latest driver and if that doesn't work then it's time for a new video card.

the3rdhell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-08-2009

i could play LoL before i was put in a situation where i had to format my laptop and install windows 7 and that caused this problem for me.

I think it has something to do with the basic video adapter it installs in windows 7. (if u have windows 7 that is)

unfortunately i didn't check what graphics card i had before formatting which has made fixing this issue troublesome.

EDIT:Problem solved in my case by installing the correct video driver.

Aquillo Luna

12-08-2009

I seem to have the same problem and I am attempting to download the newest driver for my graphics card but I think my graphics card only supports up to shader model 1.3, if this is the case, is there any setting I can play on at all times that my video card could handle?

GoFishy

12-25-2009

I've been recently having the same issue ShoeToe is/was having. Just yesterday the game would crash mid-game and would crash my system every few seconds, though it wouldn't restart but would just refresh. And even after restarting my system manually through the on/off button, it would still crash/refresh, even while at the login screen. I would uninstall/reinstall several times both LoL and the graphics drivers several times - as uninstalling Adobe Air and LoL would solve this issue - and it would crash just the same. After the last crash, I finally got the shader model 2.0 error, which is kind of weird since I have an 8800GT installed. Anyway, attached is my dxdiag file. Hopefully this'll help with resolving what kind of problem I'm having.

NickDangerr

02-07-2010

This is ridiculous. First, I get all excited because I've been an experienced DotA player for years and I wanna move onto LoL, of course. So I bust out my shiny new mac and try to install, but wait... LoL doesn't support macs... Amazing! Macs have been compatible with EVERYTHING the past few years! Even the old rusty Warcraft III!
Alright, so I cool down and dust off my old desktop with WinXP, hook it all up and install. I get everything setup how I want it and find a match and prepare to play my first game on this slow POS. Oh wait... this stupid graphics card error. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!

Is it just me or do the creators of this game NOT want to expand more than they could with compatibility of macs and old, but working, computers??

Mokasha

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuarendemon View Post
My computer is a 2005 E machine That has windows.
This may be the root cause of your problem.

Kloudkicker

07-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuarendemon View Post
I have a huge problem which i doubt i can fix but ill ask anyway;

I have an error that comes up when i go to enter a match. it happens right after the timer gets down to 0 and before the charactors pictures comes up on the screen.

It says "Error, Your graphics card or driver does not support shader model 2.0. Please make sureyour video card supports shader model 2.0 and that it is using the drivers from the manufacture."

Now I have Talked to my cousin who is a computer engineer and who loves working with computers and he tells me that he has never seen this so i was wondering What it means and if there is anything to stop it so i can play on my computer.

My computer is a 2005 E machine That has windows.

After you click ok on the error sign, the league of legends sign disapears and it takes over 2 mintues for the PVP.net client appears again.

If Anyone has this same problem or knows how to fix it please tell me
I have it to and i dont know how to check the video card

Cr33p3r

07-20-2010

Quote:
Error, Your graphics card or driver does not support shader model 2.0. Please make sure your video card supports shader model 2.0 and that it is using the drivers from the manufacture.
I have a brand new Radeon 5850 that supports up to Shader Model 5.0 with the latest ATI Drivers installed; and I am receiving this error message... It was working fine yesterday...

Any ideas?

Cr33p3r

07-21-2010

So, I reformatted my computer and reinstalled all the necessary drivers (including brand new video drivers) again. The game was working fine yesterday with my current setup; then today, I continue to get the Shader 2.0 error message.

My game will run just fine on 1 monitor, but when I use my triple monitor setup I get the errors. Can anyone assist here?

123456 ... 11