Revert athene's unholy grail?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skalerita

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianoman7117 View Post
How so? I don't play lux is why I ask not questioning you.
Lux is still viable because she can farm from afar... She isn't buffed in any way, or in any way she is more efective than before she will still melt if she gets in range of the point and click glap closer + CC abilities of panth and crew (this will happen if she tries to trigger her pasive against them)

SO they see she is still viable... she must be OP right?

Pianoman7117

01-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skalerita View Post
Lux is still viable because she can farm from afar... She isn't buffed in any way, or in any way she is more efective than before she will still melt if she gets in range of the point and click glap closer + CC abilities of panth and crew (this will happen if she tries to trigger her pasive against them)

SO they see she is still viable... she must be OP right?
That's not the point I'm making at all...the point I"m making is the fact that all AP carries got a damage nerf coming into season 3...at no point did I mention OP or viable vs nonviable, this thread has nothing to do with specific champions, its all about AP carries as a whole.

Skalerita

01-09-2013

Quote:
That's not the point I'm making at all...the point I"m making is the fact that all AP carries got a damage nerf coming into season 3...at no point did I mention OP or viable vs nonviable, this thread has nothing to do with specific champions, its all about AP carries as a whole.
You asked some guy why he thought Lux was an exception, I dont think she is an exception but she is still viable even with the nerfs and thats probably why he thinks she is an exception

Pianoman7117

01-11-2013

bump

Xyltin

01-11-2013

OP, did you ever tried to implement DFG into your build with the icnreased dmg? Cause every dmg will be worth 20% more (scaling and base dmg) for 4 seconds on the target you want to burst. Best AP single target burst item in the game by far.

The loss in AP you are feeling is purely Rabadons. But every late game item got nerfed by a good amount. Buffing the normal AP items would give AP champs a too strong mid game.

Sure, i think there are items that need slight buffs (Morellonomicon should get +10 AP and some other items +5 AP). Athene's is not one of them. This item gives nearly infinite mana reg and a good amount of MR. It shoulnd't give also a lot of AP. It is more of a defensive spam skill item for Orianna and not a high AP item for Annie or Brand.

Now about other items:
IE nerfed.
PD nerfed.
Randuins nerfed.

And compared to the ArPen, MPen didn't get hit as hard (10% nerf on runes and 20-25% nerfed on items; Abyssal still 20 MRed).
ArPen got nerfed by 20-25% on runes and 20-33% on items.

When you look at end game items, you don't find one that didn't got nerfed (except for the OP bullwark, what is too good, but was not there before).
For AP items, only the OP Athense got nerfed (when every mid laner rushes this item at the end of S2, then somthing is wrong with it) and Rabadons.
DFG got buffed.
Rylais got buffed (HP is a better stat now cause all other defensive stats got nerfed).
ROA buffed (same as rylais).
Dorans got also nerfe a bit (dont stack it anymore).
Haunting Guise and Torment are OP currently.

In the end every champ got a dmg or survivability nerf.
ADC got an overall dmg nerf right when they are finishing PD or IE (or TriForce).
AP got a dmg nerf when finishing Rabadons.
Bruisers and Tanks lost survivability.
AD casters are the main winners and also some AP assassins. They are finally good again. But comming out of an UP status doesn't mean they are OP (Korea is already back to the normal meta with some support exceptions).

Pianoman7117

01-15-2013

bump

Magni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2013

Athene's definitely needs a buff. I think it should just be reverted to what it was on release. It used to grant 80 AP, but wasn't ever used. Riot buffed it to 90 AP to make it gain popularity. Then it was everywhere and they nerfed it down to 60 AP.

It needs a buff, though Athene's is just one of the reasons APs are struggling in S3. I wrote an article about it! :3
http://runeprison.blogspot.com/2013/...-mid-lane.html

Pianoman7117

01-15-2013

bump

Qsario

01-15-2013

Quote:
same AP carry build now:

Sorc shoes: + 15 spellpen, 1100g
Rabadon's Deathcap: 120 AP +25% AP, 3200g
Athene's unholy grail: 60 AP, 2800g
Rylai's Crystal Scepter: 80 AP, 2900g
Zhonya's Hourglass: 100 AP, 3100g
Void Staff: 70 AP 40% spellpen, 2295g

giving a total: 585AP 35% +15 spellpen for 15395g
The mpen numbers don't add up.

Pianoman7117

01-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsario View Post
The mpen numbers don't add up.
Good catch, error in my copy pasting, fixed it though thank you.