How do you guys build Sejuani?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-08-2013
8 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Eevee View Post
Why does 'ricklessabandon' never use capital letters?
I tried holding off asking this question for so long, but... >_<
there are a lot of little reasons. i made a post about it over a year ago that went over some of them, but basically it's because it just makes sense to me.

old post below:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
so, there were several factors that contributed to my decision to cast them away:

1) i have some mild obsessive-compulsive tendencies, and uniformity in all things is a big one.
2) it bothered me that in some fonts it was impossible to distinguish capital i from lowercase l.
3) i found out that in german all nouns are capitalized, and i appreciated the equal treatment given to a class of words.
4) i had already switched my handwriting to an 'all caps' style because it was cleaner and easier to read, so it wasn't a big stretch to do something similar for typing.

also, i think at some point years ago, it might have bothered whattaybrian. at least, he claims the reason i don't capitalize was because of him. i don't remember him being a catalyst for change, but there may have been a point in time during which i enjoyed annoying him by not capitalizing things. it comes up now and again, like when (for no good reason!) a configuration file is case-sensitive and i have to go back and edit it a second time--he gets a kick out of it.

so, there you go! now you know some of the reasons.

ArlanKels

01-08-2013

I know that on dominion BFT can make her significantly better, though that was on the BFT's initial release(Know I don't know). As to whether or not Liandry is good on her I don't know, as I don't ever play her anymore.

Regisun

01-08-2013

Build her like Leona.
Play her as support tank.

Ninja Taibi
Sunfire Cape
Warmogs
Wits End
Frozen Mallet
Some other defence/armour item

Thessalonike

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEagleEye View Post
People always complain bout the cdr on Sejuani, im just wondering, why?
I dont ever seem to have a problem with it. Like sure, always situations where you die 1 second before e comes up for the kill, or what not, but seriously i dont find CDR to be too much of a huge deal.
I generally always get the blue buff up until the 10-20 minute mark. depending how fast i get sunfire. That helps the CDR for e on ganks. Otherwise, i dont have blue unless i invade for it, which i usually do cause it helps a ton, but mostly for the mana regen than the cdr.
Hey DEagleEye,

Eh, I like cooldown also but it just goes to show she isn't as locked into a build or play style. You actually turned me on to Twin Shadows. Dunal had me enjoying extra cooldown. I compromised them into what fits me.

For me the extra cooldown isn't about the one second before the kill its more about being around as the tank. If its to dash in front of some ult, slow with Permafrost or whatever.

Carry has never been a thing I was good at. In MMOs I would nearly always support or tank. I give second blue always, I even give second red to the adc or top every game I can. Maybe its why I like Twin Shadows and cooldown. I think I got a handle on what tanking is in this game but keeping an open mind and having a few Sejuani players on my friends list to watch *wink* and learn from.... anyway yea, I like the cooldown to help in other ways than just damage soak.

SouICry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

Quote:
there are a lot of little reasons. I made a post about it over a year ago that went over some of them, but basically it's because it just makes sense to me.

Old post below:
Originally posted by ricklessabandon
so, there were several factors that contributed to my decision to cast them away:

1) i have some mild obsessive-compulsive tendencies, and uniformity in all things is a big one.
2) it bothered me that in some fonts it was impossible to distinguish capital i from lowercase l.
3) i found out that in german all nouns are capitalized, and i appreciated the equal treatment given to a class of words.
4) i had already switched my handwriting to an 'all caps' style because it was cleaner and easier to read, so it wasn't a big stretch to do something similar for typing.

Also, i think at some point years ago, it might have bothered whattaybrian. At least, he claims the reason i don't capitalize was because of him. I don't remember him being a catalyst for change, but there may have been a point in time during which i enjoyed annoying him by not capitalizing things. It comes up now and again, like when (for no good reason!) a configuration file is case-sensitive and i have to go back and edit it a second time--he gets a kick out of it.

So, there you go! Now you know some of the reasons.
HOW DARE YOU NOT SUPPORT MY SUMMONER"S NAME v_v

(ALL CAPS FTW. IT FITS YOUR DESCRIPTION DOESN"T IT?)

Thessalonike

01-08-2013

@Living Archive,

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with your post because Sejuani has a little more versatility than she is given credit for imo.

But, when you said "Machete + 5 Pots - The only viable start on her." I do disagree. I start cloth*5 and red buff. I have no health issue no mana issue and enjoy being where the enemy dps not expect a Sejuani.

Thessalonike

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
It's because you are stuck in S2 :P

why cloth rather than machete? I think it upgrades too cheaply and too effectively to go cloth. I guess you rush boots, but I think they are mid-late game items.
I guess it could be that I am still stuck in season 2 but it seemed to work then.

Really I don't see the need to invest in something I don't need that doesn't help vs champions. This is my thought process, I exit jungle with enough health to gank and fast enough to meet the enemy jungle so why purchase an item that doesn't give me enough health to gank (I already have that) and doesn't seem to significantly help my clear time and it does nothing to help me gank in terms of survivability. I would just rather take the armor and build it into Emblem > Aegis etc to help the team instead of a bit of help vs monsters which I handle just fine and some later additives I can gain without the investment of killing monsters.

I don't know.. it works for me though.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

01-08-2013

Quote:
there are a lot of little reasons. i made a post about it over a year ago that went over some of them, but basically it's because it just makes sense to me.

old post below:
Quote:
See, what you don't know is that he actually types in ALL CAPS, but the forum censors it to all lower case.

Thessalonike

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
I totally get the S2 problems now. It finally makes sense, I re-read your post a few times and it all became perfectly clear. In S2 you were the only Red that even alluded that Sejuani needed buffs. But the reason it was so hard to do this is because you view Sejuani as a burst damage almost tank. Her HUGE cooldowns don't allow for burning people down quickly so she has to be burst. So she was viewed as a almost assassin almost bruiser.

That's the problem, she isn't these things. Her kit is all utility, and building her as a bruiser isn't really possible because she becomes almost as squishy as Teemo, maybe more so without blind.

So you ask "what exactly are you doing for your team?"

That's easy, you are supposed to be controlling movement of the enemy while tanking. You do most your damage from winds, in order to do that you need HP and you need to be able to take a hit, because you want to stand in the middle of the enemy team and focus on anyone trying to get out of the pack. If someone runs you want to hit them to keep them in, if someone chases your team you want to hit them to keep them from getting there. All the while your winds is ripping them up. AP means you have to rush in, hit all your buttons and flash out before they pop you.

Your view (and I believe Riot's view as a result) on Sejuani is the entire reason she was Horribly Pathetic in S2. Her recent buff and the fairly large nerf to all tanks, plus the buff in gold in the jungle countered your misconception of Sejuani and have made her viable.

Even if her purpose is to do damage, then Riot accidentally made the wrong champ. She is a tank/initiator that does decent damage, but her true function is placing the opposite team where she wants and preventing them from leaving.
I view rickless as seeing it *sorta* the way I do. It doesn't matter if you are a little squishy as the tank and here is why I believe its OK.

1) The first couple of generic rules you are taught in League are... Don't chase and don't focus the tank.

2) Sejuani has a very safe AoE initiation followed by AoE Permafrost if wanted. She can draw first blood often with that combo and across multiple targets some burst helps lean flight or flight toward flight knowing the damage dealers haven't even started yet.

So in a way you are controlling movement, first by 4 seconds of cc and then depending on how things land by the burst across multiple targets. The don't focus the tank rule has allowed me enough time to disrupt and move, disrupt and move a lot without building damage soak.

Again I think she is much more versatile than she is given credit for.

Dunal

01-08-2013

While Amumu/Malph are indeed tankier than her -- she does make up for it by not being as reliant in going balls-deep into the enemy team, as the above has said. R > E is an initiate that lets you avoid damage for a bit. While Amumu/Malph are forced to take damage to initiate. Post-initiate Sej comes charging in with less damage taken.

Of course, a damage focused Sej needs to keep W rolling constantly, while being squishier. This actually works both ways as people are more likely to focus you and your team wins either way. But you can get bursted down by AoE if you're not careful. Kind of why dps Sej really works against teams with heavy single target damage over AoE -- or if your team has other CC than yourself.