Creative Design AMA - Vi, the Piltover Enforcer

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harrow

Writer

01-08-2013
2 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhillieSaur View Post
Does she lift?
bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirana Arashi View Post
I was wondering , If It's isn't too rude to ask.. Does Vi like girls? Since she's somehow tomboyish.
Answer this question? And kill all of the forum shipping dead in its tracks? C'mon now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmond View Post
What's the story behind the tattooed/scarred VI on her face?
She's had this mark for as long as anyone who knows her can remember. If Vi knows where it came from, she isn't telling. Since she never knew her parents, she never had a given name; when she started hanging out with criminals, all they had to go on was the "Vi" mark on her face. So that's what they called her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enterti View Post
Will Vi's login music be the new standard for champion releases, and if not why?
I can't speak for Praeco I don't think vocalized songs like this one would be appropriate for every character though, so I'd guess it would be determined case by case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red3221 View Post
Was she inspired from borderlands at all? Or was it just the steampunk theme you were aiming for?
If you're talking about the art and design, that's not me, I'm no artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tact View Post
Does Vi's experience in the shadier side of Piltover give her any indication of who Caitlyn's archnemesis "C" might be?

Was Vi already really good at punching before she found/modified her gauntlets, or did she just get really used to them? Did she have a different weapon of choice before them?
She doesn't know of anyone that goes by 'C', at least not publicly. I imagine that would've been one of the first questions Caitlyn asked her and I don't think Vi would care about protecting her criminal ex-buddies.

I think she was a scrappy little brawler as a kid. She would've had to fight off other kids to keep herself safe on the streets, so punching wasn't totally new to her when she created the gauntlets. She's never really been a person who's been concerned with perfecting her punching technique, though.

Ravechaosknight

01-08-2013

Hmmm, does Vi like sweets? I mean I know she calls Cait "Cupcake" because of Cait's traps, but she might have ulterior motives.

How often does she actually flip tables? Has the institute insured against table damage?(As in the damage to tables that are flipped, and the damage caused by tables being flipped)

If Vi found out she had a sibling, would she want them to be like herself, Caitlyn, MF, Lux?(I know I only named female champs, but feel free to name any ideal brothers, lol)

Vi seems like a what's in front of her is more important than what's behind her kind of person, but if she had the chance to help other "delinquent" kids find a way to put their abilities to more positive use would she? I mean I'm sure she would try to help them if they were struggling with the decision to be "good" or "bad", but does she take them as they come or actively search for these cases.

That's it for now I think.

Edit: Harrow add her login lyrics to the original post pl0x, it is very much a part of her "character".

NotBuzzJack

01-08-2013

What champ does Vi enjoy punching the most?

edit: also, what champ does she fear the most?

Harrow

Writer

01-08-2013
3 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Finally!!!

What does Vi think of yordles?
Does Vi know anything about "C"?
What does Vi think of Jayce?
What DOES Vi stand for?
Is there any plan to duplicate/mass produce Vi's gloves?
What does Vi think of Orianna?
Does Vi dislike Zaun like other residents of Piltover?
And finally (for now), is that hair a natural color in Runeterra?
- Kind of cute, kind of the most irritating things ever. Sometimes you just can't catch the little runts.
- See above.
- Pompous ass who's spent too long in his ivory tower of SCIENCE to deal with criminals and street life.
- See above.
- Piltover's technology isn't easily mass produced. Even if it could be, I don't think Vi would want to run into a crime ring outfitted with gauntlets just like hers.
- Uh, weird, weird robot girl thing.
- Yeah, I think Vi is prouder of being from Piltover than she'd like to admit. I think sometimes the worst Piltover criminals might sometimes get kit from Zaun that Vi hates dealing with.
- Nope!

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-08-2013

Why does Vi's song tell us that she is a rebel, misfit, etc. instead of letting us figure that out for ourselves based on describing what she did? I think she would feel like a stronger character if her actions were more emphasized. It almost feels as if you are shoving "look, she's badass" down our throats.

Oot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

How does Vi view Lee Sin, someone else who uses punches?

Also, can you poke whoever is in charge of Nami's lore and have them do an AMA too?

CorpseMoney

01-08-2013

Does Vi love me as much as I love her? (j/k)

More serious question, Does Vi admire or respect any other league champs not from Piltover? (And why?)

MiaoLong

01-08-2013

Here's another good one-- how does she feel about punching an 8 year old girl's guts out.
(Annie)
(Punched so hard, a shockwave goes through her that kills an Armored Bear in the brush behind her)
(OH GOD THE GUTS WHY)
(WHY DID SHE HAVE TO EAT BEFORE FIGHTING ON SUMMONERS RIFT)

Libra Man

01-08-2013

:O YES.

Can she pick up eggs?

How the heck does she keep the fists in the air when her arms are halfway to being twigs?

Considering that she has spent so much of her life being a loner does she resent Cait somewhat for forcing her to operating in a partnership?

Has she ever killed a criminal with a single punch "on accident"

What did she do with all the loot from her vigilante actions?

Why did she want to join the league?

And most importantly of all
If Vi charged up her fist(s) and threw them in the air, how high could she go?

KuzAnn

01-08-2013

Is Vi gonna get to have her own arch-nemesis in the future? The unstoppable force meets immovable object dynamic might be a fun one to explore given Vi's personality and fighting style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
- Pompous ass who's spent too long in his ivory tower of SCIENCE to deal with criminals and street life.
I'm confused... I didn't really get that Jayce was an ass from his bio or from his AMA, or his in-game quotes... I mean his bio states that he has charm and wit, but when I think of charming my mind doesn't immediately jump to someone who's an ass. Was that part left out? Is it supposed to be the Tony Stark type of ass? Does Vi have this opinion without actually knowing him personally, or has she actually gotten to know him enough to recognize that he is one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrow View Post
While Jayce isn't an official member of Piltover law enforcement, I imagine they'll cross paths pretty frequently now. I think Caitlyn would strongly disapprove of Jayce assaulting a foreign national after government officials chose not to. Caitlyn's calm, collected and dedicated to upholding Piltover law, while Jayce is more rash and likely to act without a comprehensive plan. There'd definitely be some tension there.
And is Jayce's AMA no longer canon now? I mean the frequently running into law enforcement bit seems to imply that he is, in fact, out on the streets smashing criminal face with his hammer, which seems too often to qualify as ivory tower. Did something happen between then and now that caused him to become more of a recluse?

EDIT: One more question...

What is Vi's genuine opinion of Caitlyn? Does she consider her an actual friend/ally and actually want to do good, or is this only a partnership of convenience for her? If it's the later... Why is Caitlyn still in it? It seems to reflect poorly on Caitlyn's character if she allows herself to be used like that.

1234567 ... 12