AP sion - Early game beast, late game beast.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Directw

01-06-2013

First of all, Where is the sustain? this sion probably can survive solo top, but I doubt he can survive in mid.

Second, your item build is every ap champion's dream build (well, most of them). If you can farm up all those gold for the 3 needlessly rod items, you don't really need Mejai to boost your damage.

Inexpressive

01-07-2013

got any video on your sion games? Im pretty interesting.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

One obvious problem is that your mid roaming only works vs baddies. Most mids can push their lane quite effectively and quickly. Even if you shieldboom to push lane and roam, any competant enemy will report you MIA.
They can then easily counterpush and beat up your mid turret.

I am not sure how you are supposed to use Shield sparingly when playing mid vs a ranged foe. Every time you try to lasthit with no shield you will eat damage..and you have 0 sustain.
You will need 1 shield per wave pretty much to get the creeps.
You will need a stun periodically to stun the enemy and blow up on them and convince them to F off.

Also, shield is a great farming tool....whihc is hard to use WHEN YOU ARE ROAMING AROUND! How you expect to do all this CSing when roaming all the time?

Finally, WARDs are way more prevalent. Bot WILL have wards, so roaming there is useless,
Top starts with Crystal Flash, 5 pots, and a ward as a fine option. Roaming doesnt help if their lanes are warded and if your guys have pushed the lane. Same problem as the jungler...except the jungler can farm when conditions arent right.

Mejai is vs baddies. It introduces a big midgame LULL which ensures your shield can't auto-kill entire creep waves, and enemies have a chance to pop your shield. It also means you are TARGET #1 if you get any kills, and must roam/kill to even break even.

Lichbane is fine...after youve gotten your other items. Sion can use the extra .75AP ratio since all he has is Shield and stun. After the first Shieldboom its near-impossible to get another shield to last 4 sec to blow it up. So he needs to combo. The Flash/DFG/BOOM/Stun is pretty strong... add an autoattack to it to add 160 physical and 50+75%AP extra burst FTW. Stun is low CD so you can then spam stun/AA till dead. The extra MS helps too. Dont rush Lichbane but I see no reason to avoid it to keep you relevant lategame.

And finally, take 1 rank of E at level 4 and turn it on. This ensures you get 1 free HP for every kill and your shield at least lets you insta-kill all 3 ranged minions and usually most of the damaged meleers. It adds up to a few hundred extra health for free. Extra ranks of E only give half a HP each, so the 1st rank is by far the most important.

Michael Kane

01-08-2013

Stop telling people to play him ap I have never seen a build so consistently fail in the ungodly number games I have played

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2013

OP is a fairly obvious troll. Why does he have so many upvotes?

pavlicdyshko

01-09-2013

late game ad sion > ap sion

JawniHawni

01-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlicdyshko View Post
late game ad sion > ap sion
This.

Now I've played both AD and AP Sion. Both can be real beasts without too much farming. With AP Sion, when you get that Needlessly Large Rod, you're set and can start trolling around. With AD Sion you'd need a good AS item and Vampiric Scepter. Then you just kill everyone.

Now with AD Sion, you wont have as big of a shield, but your health pool will be higher thanks to maxing your E first. You'd want Atma at some point, so you got some armor and Banshee's Vail is your best bet for more HP/MP and especially Magic Resist. Plus you wont get shut down as easy if they decide to try to CC you right off the bat.

But regardless, AP Sion has great burst potential mid-late game where as AD Sion's damage output just rises as the game gets further as well as his HP pool. AD Sion is one of those *******s who can start snowballing stupidly easily and thanks to the hard stun he can get those kills he needs.

Síon

01-12-2013

To all those who are criticizing Ap sion, please obtain yourself an elo past 1250 before carrying on. 1500 normal wins and an elo of 900 is not very impressive. Secondly, This guide is for hyper carrying. If you are incompetent of being able to pass high level of gameplay, then please carry on with your normal games. Just because you are incapable, does not mean it does not work. Thirdly, This guide is for someone who has a fair amount of knowledge on the champ itself. If you do not understand this champion's game play and criticize, you look like a scrub, to compliment your elo beneath 1250. Thank you for reading my guide.

Síon

01-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
One obvious problem is that your mid roaming only works vs baddies. Most mids can push their lane quite effectively and quickly. Even if you shieldboom to push lane and roam, any competant enemy will report you MIA.
They can then easily counterpush and beat up your mid turret.

I am not sure how you are supposed to use Shield sparingly when playing mid vs a ranged foe. Every time you try to lasthit with no shield you will eat damage..and you have 0 sustain.
You will need 1 shield per wave pretty much to get the creeps.
You will need a stun periodically to stun the enemy and blow up on them and convince them to F off.

Also, shield is a great farming tool....whihc is hard to use WHEN YOU ARE ROAMING AROUND! How you expect to do all this CSing when roaming all the time?

Finally, WARDs are way more prevalent. Bot WILL have wards, so roaming there is useless,
Top starts with Crystal Flash, 5 pots, and a ward as a fine option. Roaming doesnt help if their lanes are warded and if your guys have pushed the lane. Same problem as the jungler...except the jungler can farm when conditions arent right.

Mejai is vs baddies. It introduces a big midgame LULL which ensures your shield can't auto-kill entire creep waves, and enemies have a chance to pop your shield. It also means you are TARGET #1 if you get any kills, and must roam/kill to even break even.

Lichbane is fine...after youve gotten your other items. Sion can use the extra .75AP ratio since all he has is Shield and stun. After the first Shieldboom its near-impossible to get another shield to last 4 sec to blow it up. So he needs to combo. The Flash/DFG/BOOM/Stun is pretty strong... add an autoattack to it to add 160 physical and 50+75%AP extra burst FTW. Stun is low CD so you can then spam stun/AA till dead. The extra MS helps too. Dont rush Lichbane but I see no reason to avoid it to keep you relevant lategame.

And finally, take 1 rank of E at level 4 and turn it on. This ensures you get 1 free HP for every kill and your shield at least lets you insta-kill all 3 ranged minions and usually most of the damaged meleers. It adds up to a few hundred extra health for free. Extra ranks of E only give half a HP each, so the 1st rank is by far the most important.
it also is a little rude to call others "baddies", when you have no reason to call yourself a superior player. You hold yourself on a high horse, but you are incapable of proving your worth in ranked. Do not preach of how a champion can be played, if you cannot practice it past scrubs and bots.

ilutias

01-31-2013

i play sion at 1.9k elo right now. and i believe u should get some cdr / tanky items at late games and then build more like a bruiser.. just saiying. nashor tooth and gauntlet on sion are good. + abysal / deathcape ur capped at cdr and u can be more helpfull at team fights. u can even turn ur ultimate and cant be killed. and u can still have 1 extra item if u reach ur full build. i play him like an offtank mostly that disrupts and ccs theyr carrys. still doing a good amount of dmg. ur stun +cdr + ur E and R at lvl 18 will make u hurt a lot at late game. at early ur strong enough. u need to focus on late.