How do you guys build Sejuani?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waschbar

01-07-2013

armor, CDR, little AP, mana and a greater slow

FreedomOfSpeech

01-07-2013

Usually my full build is
Boots (changes depending on what's needed)
Randuins
Warmogs.
Liandry
Ruby Sightstone (Situational, i like having this on any champ i use to build HoG on, but if the game gets really long and i can afford something better i will replace it)
Frozen Mallet (HP, and the slow from it in combination with your passive is nice, In my opinion)
Rylias (the item i usually replace ruby sightstone with)
Shurelyas (If the support doesnt get it i like to get it in place of frozen mallet or rylias/sightstone. this +randuins + sej kit gives me ultimate control of engages and disengages.)

In otherwords, For the most part i just stack health with a bit of utility to slow people more or speed my team up. It ruins people's day.
*sorry if anyone read Aegis before i updated it to Shurelyas, im having a slow morning.

OriginalJack

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Jesus View Post
Anyone ever tried her at mid-lane? And just get AP Carry items, It's kind of funny...
I've seen Scarra do it. He actually won his lane but I'm pretty sure this was because he's a good player and not so much because Sej is a great mid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickwright View Post
That's what Rickless is saying though, building damage isn't building AP its building Mpen, and the two items that do that the best outside of a void staff give tank stats aswell, seems like a win-win
I get what he's saying and if I were going to build damage on sej that's how I would do it. We sort of disagree on a more fundamental level is seems though because I don't think you should try to build damage at all.

Solrac139

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post
But the whole point of a health tank is to build health to get tanky, plus the added benefit of getting some damage. Building damage just gives you offense when building health gives you both offense and defense. Obviously we aren't saying that a health tank should get more damage from building health than AP. We aren't stupid. :P We are saying a health tank should get more total benefit from building health than AP.
Yeah, sure, you build all that health and get tanky, then proceed to go into a teamfight and be ignored as you do some damage. Yeah, Sej gets some added benefit from building health, but you're also ignoring the fact that that same skill you're taking about does magic damage and scales with ap. Think of her more as a tanky magic bruiser, chunking them down and tanking the damage while her team takes advantage of her slows.

Also, have you looked at her ap scalings? She definitely gets more benefit from building health than AP anyways.

Waschbar

01-07-2013

You're largely ignorable for 14 seconds if you don't build damage.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

01-07-2013
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kassad View Post
But the whole point of a health tank is to build health to get tanky, plus the added benefit of getting some damage. Building damage just gives you offense when building health gives you both offense and defense. Obviously we aren't saying that a health tank should get more damage from building health than AP. We aren't stupid. :P We are saying a health tank should get more total benefit from building health than AP.
well, i've never meant to talk about any stat in a vacuum (sorry if it came across that way), but yes sejuani should try to pick up health when she has the option. that was the intention, and that's totally the case as far as i'm concerned. she needs damage too though. if you look at the items i recommend for her as a core, they include sunfire and torment, and eventually reverie. all three are health items, and help sejuani do what she needs to: do all the heavy lifting so her teammates can clean up in fights.

the point i want to get across is that she can't do that very well with defense and cdr alone, imo. if that's all she's building, she's ignoring a core aspect of her identity.

CynicalGiant

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
well, she has a health ratio on one ability (and it's total health, not bonus health)—i don't think that really makes her a 'health tank' more than it does shen or olaf—it's not her alpha and omega, she just gets a bit of a damage boost when she buys health items.
Change the ratio to bonus health

Fixd

FyshinaTux

01-07-2013

I rush philo stone and spirit stone, from here I feel it's up to you but read on for my opinion.

I personally build her with the 3 "catalyst" items, granting massive health and decent armor and mr, allows for turret diving with ohmwrecker, as well as giving her the much needed mana she needs and decent health that scales with her W.

Somewhere in the middle of them I'll grab boots based on what we need. Then build into a GA, then either leave a slot open for wards or build a "massive" armor/mr item (or bulwark if we need it).

I also take two points in W before I max E to clear the jungle a little faster.

skippymcgee

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalGiant View Post
Change the ratio to bonus health

Fixd
Wouldn't that just pigeonhole her into the role of a 'health' tank by making her damage (via health) only through itemization?

I feel like you're trying to change her design goals.

Anime Jesus

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalJack View Post
I've seen Scarra do it. He actually won his lane but I'm pretty sure this was because he's a good player and not so much because Sej is a great mid.

never said she's a great mid or even hinted it, I would never say that as long champions like Ahri/Talon still exist... Just find it kind of funny , especially since it gives you a better reason to get AP Carry items over Tank since you gotta survive the jungle itself. Since people are talking about playing Sejuani for damage.

Top Sejuani is boring and gets killed more often then mid nowadays.

Anyone tried Support Sejuani? It's very fun, i rarely take her here, but I usually win the lane.