Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gen Nakazora

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-06-2013

@Ezreal

First, you sir, are awesome. For many reasons, but this time, I'm saying mostly because your last post, you said you've played both Dark Cloud games. They are favorites of mine :3

Second, Drill Tank Yordle. I want. I really want!

Third, even though Ezreal already has a few awesome skins, I was wondering if the thought of an Ez skin parodying Kite from the .Hack series ever came to mind. This is a random thought, but everytime I see his splash art, it makes me think of that. It may not be much, all things considered, but hey, I had to put that out there. lol

And Fourth and final, has there been any talk of any new Ionian champs? Honestly, I've always liked the styles they have, and the play styles they have are fun. I would love to see a new one.

lAmTurtle

01-06-2013

@Ezreal

I've been considering a few ideas for champion abilities, just keep them in mind .

1) An ability which has different effects each time you basic attack. Similar to Twisted Fate's Pick a Card, but the effect changes on auto attack passively, then you activate the ability to throw out some sort of a skill shot with the effect selected.

2) An ability which allows you to turn friendly champions invisible for X period of time and each time they attack during invisibility, it removes the invisibility for 1 second or so, and whenever they re-enter invisibility, their next attack does bonus damage, like Kha'Zix's passive, but only when they re-enter the invisibility of the ability.

FancySheep

01-06-2013

@Ezreal Make another male lover for Ezreal, and make him and Taric be arch enemies. Much like Volibear and Zilean.

ProfHeimerdinger

01-06-2013

@Ezreal

A simple question: Heimerdinger?

(I know it has been asked, but is there any progress on the rework?)

EnmaTheRedBane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2013

@Ezreal
Who are you currently in a relationship with?
Is it Jayce?

SureShotRhino

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Not at all, they each have their own design space, and having a unique item is within Viktor's design space. I would actually say the problem you are facing is the power of Viktor's item slot. Personally, I would love to see it get a tier 2 item upgrade, to make it more worth the slot.
Why not make it so that you can upgrade the item each time you upgrade your ult 6,11,16 or make it so you can add one of the other effects into the already bought upgrade like being able to buy power at level 11 after you already bought death or something along those lines, idk if this makes any sense but hopefully you get it :P

JohnyBeggod

01-06-2013

Ezreal, what do you think about a game mode in wich you choose a champion, and you get randomized abilities, except from passive, just for fun, in wich the map could be proving grounds?

Arcade Sona

01-06-2013

Will we ever have a manaless support?

Migupillermo

01-07-2013

First time asking you a question! I feel like I'm on Santa's lap, lol...

But ah, in all seriousness. My question. Well, situation.

I was speaking with a friend of mine the other day, a support main, and she feels that in terms of the new items, AD champions got a lot more of the fun side of items than the AP champions. I was sitting there naming off item after item, Ravenous Hydra, Mercurial Scimitar, Zephyr, yada yada yada, but even she, a considerably reasonable support player (I don't say this to be stereotypical of what a support player should be, she's a real life friend of mine that plays alongside me whom I know to be a reasonable person), felt that it was getting to be more on her plate as a support to be dealing with and not enough for her as a support to defend her and her team against such. In most cases I'd disagree with her, but after playing a couple of games, I did notice some pretty real things that she mentioned:

She said that as a support, even when she plays Sona, her main, she hates it that people assume she will just pick aura item after aura item and spam abilities in lane, since that really stereotypes a Sona's style and, in some cases, what a support should do and makes people think that's all there is to a support. If anything, it can make someone who chooses a support lazy, making them waste abilities rather than keep them off cool-down for the saves, because goodness knows 40% cool-down doesn't help most important abilities from coming back quickly, per se. But staying on top of the topic of support items, in comparison to the options that all the other team roles received, supports really have only cool-down, auras, and ability power, since seemingly every support is an ability power champion... Not that I'm suggesting anything...

AH, and also on the subject of items, as a little sidestep away from supports (though this is relevant in a lot of ways since every AP support can build it and already get the burn)... Liandry's Torment and Deathfire Grasp. Great items, AMAZING items... but one with a slight flaw/complaint. Several to note. For one, the fact that the mage him or herself has to build Rylai's if he or she doesn't have to have CC of any sort that affects mobility, such as Katarina, in order to get the 10% burn that you want. While you are starting to make people look at other items, something about it seems like the decision is being unwittingly forced upon mages, which I'm sure is never your intention, so much as an aspect that you have yet to realize. The mage's primary goal, in comparison to all other roles of a team is, to quote, deal "tons of damage." He or she is the source of AP on the team, in some cases the only source of it. Deathfire has one use, and it's only for that back end of their health when things start, and to even get that activation out, you have to get into a considerably scary seat next to said tank or tanky DPS or tanky mage, etc. What I'm asking here, mainly is for something that clearly lets the mage see that he or she is actually seeing the damage that the item is offering, especially when it comes to mana AP mages who only have so much mana to offer into that burn.

Branching off of items though still talking about the only interesting thing that's been added to the Utility tree that's making supporting relevant is Pickpocket, since it involves helping your lane and your teammate by harassing the enemy lane and making it easier for your carry to farm and possibly pick up the kill the support is trying to bring him or her closer to. But even in that case, our melee supports, such as Taric or in the cases of tank supports such as Amumu or Blitzcrank, don't exactly get as easy a job, even if they do get a squidge more gold. For the riskier work of taking harass or putting the harass out at the danger of lessening their time in lane, be it by death or recalling, it seems like the trade-off between choosing to be a support Zilean or support Leona is ending up a significant decision. You can't just change a bunch of things and expect that people will just accept that a buff in their favorite item is going to be enough to cover for the lack of fun or effectiveness in their champion, or vice versa. Yep, I said it. Not even suggesting anything this time, pure literal that time.

But to close and give a final standing point... What all of this has made me realize is that the role of the support is starting to lose its glamour. People can love being an nearly invincible tank, people can love being a powerful mage, people can love being a devastating ranged AD, people can love being someone who can do several of these things at once... But supporting... it's becoming a lost art. It's becoming the job you've been left to, or the job that only those precious few actually enjoy doing, which I feel shouldn't happen to any part of a game as largely played and enjoyed as League of Legends. Whether you're going to change all this with five new amazing support styles, or with this upcoming new male support (Thanks by the way, Taric and Zilean were getting lonely and... ehhhm, I'll let that joke rest), I don't know.

But someone needs to support our supports while they're busy supporting the rest of us.

Please, some serious sit-and-down-and-think time and active patching for them would be appreciated. I understand the whole "We can't do everything in one patch" but... slowly but surely.

---

My "wish list":

- An AD support. I mean, I know Taric gets a smidgen of Attack Damage when he ults, but besides that... no AD focused supports. I feel like this could open up a new trend, serve as a branching out into a possible new area of LoL.

- More relevant AP items. Or at least make the items that we have right now more relevant. It seems like Liandry's Torment was the only really big item to arrive, excluding Treeline and Dominion. I won't repeat what I've already said above, but... I've been pondering over maybe a spell vamp item and health, like Hextech Revolver and a Giant's Belt... And then the finished product could be something like... I don't know. Maybe increased Spell Vamp per basic attack. Kind of like Sanguine Blade, but AP. Not a horrible amount, like Ryze level, but enough to make it interesting. That's what I want more of, not powerful items: interesting ones. Like Twin Shadows! That one made me smile. (Oh, extra note, I did notice that yo reduced prices on a lot of the AP items, so it's not like I didn't notice it. But still. Effectiveness.)

- Just to be specifically selfish at least once (I mean, it's a wish list)... A champion suggestion. Make someone who grows trees. A dude. Who grows trees. Then gives different fruits to people that have different abilities, as well as throws fruits that have special effects. A sort of Johnny Appleseed character. Maokai and Zyra just don't do it for me. I want to see a nice looking tree please. Oh! A tree that you can use to stand up in bushes! Or ward them! And then the fruits fall on enemies if they try to undo it, and give small bonuses to the teammates that stand under them! I dunno, just a suggestion, I just thought of that whole character on the spot... xD

---

...And I know you thought it at least once, so no, I didn't suggest all of the above because I like the girl in particular. I mean, I do, but... Bleh. Whatever, just putting this issue out in case you get weird ideas. -_-

3mptylord

01-07-2013

Will we ever have a skill that follows the cursor? So, you can steer it around minions and such.

I remember reading a leak of Heimerdinger's remake that his Pocket Rockets would fire a cluster of 10 rockets that would fly toward the cursor - but I couldn't decide if this would be a one-off targeting or a whether they would actually persistently follow the cursor. I'm just picturing the Saturday Morning Villain (/hero, in this instance) with the oversized tank with like 20 rocket launcher attachments all firing different shaped and sized rockets in a crazy-organised barrage.