"Derp" Builds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rylar D

10-07-2010

Stacking Zeals on Fiddlesticks
AP on Gangplank
Survivability Kog'Maw
Attack Speed Soraka

Sometimes the guys I play with and myself just screw around with non-standard builds, most of which are pretty idiotic, just to have fun. The above are some examples of this. If you've ever engaged in similar activities, what are some of your favorite builds? Were they surprisingly effective?

Amiithystine

10-07-2010

Phantom Dancers Sona...wut.

DrDragun

10-07-2010

DPS Janna actually kind of works. Prepare for a game with 15 minutes of flaming from 9 other players, then complete chat silence for 20 minutes as you go super legendary and shut them up with your Nashors / Triforce / Rageblade

Captain Netz

10-07-2010

I had an AP tryn on my team, Funny enough we won and he had a positive kill death so idk what happened.

bluefoot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

Tank anything almost works. Particularly if you build Tank ------(insert any squishy you know of here)

It CAN work effectively because its people's natural instinct to try and focus on the ones who are usually 'squishy' heroes. You listed kog'maw, but any low-health yordle that builds a grotesque amount of health can tank quite effectively, since they are the ones focused.

Captain Netz

10-07-2010

Not exactly because most champions are tanks because they have a shield ability or high hp with decent damage. If you take teemo and give him tank items yes he will be focused and hit but anyone who can hit tab can go "hey, he cant do anything during a team fight! Ignore!". So not only do you have a lackluster tank but your missing any dps he could dish out.

GhostDieM

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Netz View Post
If you take teemo and give him tank items yes he will be focused and hit but anyone who can hit tab can go "hey, he cant do anything during a team fight! Ignore!"
You'd be surprised how many players don't pay any attention to what items everyone's building

Tobli

10-07-2010

I used to play with a guy who stacked phantom dancers on Taric, and he didn't do it to mess around.

Kroghar

10-07-2010

Stacking 5 Tiamats on Miss Fortune. Someone actually wrote a whole guide on it. You clear entire creep waves with one Double Up.

Also saw a Twitched with I think 4 Malady's.

EchoRex

10-07-2010

All from actual games I've played with/against:

Tank Mundo: Doesn't work. Run in circles waiting to KS ftl.
Tank withOUT AP Cho: Doesn't work, is hilarious watching people try to kill though.
DPS Amumu: This was just hilariously ineffective. OH GOD STUN... then slap fight.
DPS Anivia: Stun! Wall! Slow! Built in GA! Make her DEEPS! BRILLIANT! No.
Health Stack Sivir: I actually had to try this one myself, Tank Sivir gogogogo. This actually worked.
AP Pantheon: I cried when my friend did this.

My personal favorite "For the LuLz" Builds:
DPS Alistar: It works! Surprise factor = High.
DPS Shen: It works! And well.
AP Sivir: Boomerang of DEATH. Doesn't work so well other than massive boomerang strikes.