1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xulsigae

01-04-2013

A RED. A HONEST TO THE EMPEROR RED.
A new one too. Haven't seen you before.

Xulsigae

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaszfinest View Post
Tribunal is a way of Riot saying "We're too poor to hire people". So we'll let players ban players.
For the umpteenth time- we don't ban players. We can only decide if they violated the Summoner's Code or not.
If Riot took over the Tribunal, it would cost them far more, which would likely mean less content for us, and they'd be far harsher than us.

Zerglinator

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
A RED. A HONEST TO THE EMPEROR RED.
A new one too. Haven't seen you before.
20thCenturyFaux has been around for a good while.

Xulsigae

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
20thCenturyFaux has been around for a good while.
Ah. Well I'm not up to date with them all.

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
You know what I've seen? Cases like this.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6010528/#nogo
In order for someone to make it to the tribunal, someone has to be reported hundreds of times. When you review a case in the tribunal, you don't get to see all 100 cases. The system randomly pulls a sample. In a case like this, I would have voted to pardon. But that doesn't mean that I saw the worst of the games that other people were seeing.

After the case has been ruled on, you can no longer see what someone was reported for. So I don't know what exactly landed this person into the tribunal for each of these games.

In the first game, 75% of his allies reported him.
At 1:05 Kat is reported as AFK. At some point in time before 5:02, Kat returns, as noted by the enemy team calling her bad. At 15:26 kat is repoted at bot by the enemy team. 17:08 "no mid, 14:13 wtf u doin kat"
26:16 "this kat is horrible"
29:46 "wow really kat"
36:33 - 36:54 "She's a B, I can see why she was banned, report her after. for sure. i intend to."
46:00 more raging towards kat
58:00 this kat is useless
game ends.

From this, I can learn very little. Absolutely nothing shows up for Kat's chat log. The only thing I can learn was that she was afk at the beginning, that her team didn't like her, and that ezreal is a jerk. Would I have voted to punish off this game? Nope.

Game 2:

It appears from the chat log that Morgana was picked first. The rest of the team comp filled out, including a support!, and then Kat locked in instead of jungling.

"Why did you go kat when we already had a morgana? "Because I can... double mid is fine with me"

1:47 into the game Kat - "ignoring you all"

Kat roams top. Ruins top lane for Irelia. At 10:00 Kat heads to the jungle. at 12:40 Kat is pushing bot lane.

20:00 Kat is subtly trolling irelia "this is your lane, not mine"

This was a ranked game. Kat picked after morgana, chose a mid champ, roamed round the map ruining lanes and helping noone. This was a troll game. I wouldn't want someone doing this to me in a ranked game. I would have voted to punish. It was subtle, but it was trolling. In this game, 75% of teammates reported her, and 1 enemy. The enemy said "Kat was always doing crazy stuff and lost them the game" - further evidence of throwing the game.

This is a small sample size - 2 games out of hundreds that it took for Kat to wind up in tribunal. As I have stated previously, the majority of cases I review are easy to judge. Someone is raging, swearing, racial slurs, blah blah. This case was borderline. If I was judging, I would have skipped it. But from these two games I don't see a pattern of a helpful teammate. I see a lack of communication and teammwork. It would be interesting to see pregame chat, post game chat, and the other cases that landed kat in tribunal.

The result of the majority of people voting to punish was a time ban. It wasn't a perma ban, and it wasn't a warning. So this person has been through the tribunal before, but hasn't been kicked out yet.

In the moment, I wouldn't have voted on this case at all from the games provided. Looking back (hindsight is 20/20), this kat must have done other things that resulted in her previous bans, as well as this one.

This case alone doesn't means nothing compared to the literally tens of thousands of cases of people being banned for being absolute jerks.

RiotTerra

Technical QA Analyst

01-04-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegaszfinest View Post
Tribunal is a way of Riot saying "We're too poor to hire people". So we'll let players ban players.
More like it is our way of giving powa to da people!

But yeah, as a League of Legends player, thank you Tsaalyo!

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Roll View Post
hey stfu you clearly dont play the game and have no clue what goes on. Every other dam game degrades to a big pile of children threatening reports.

you dont gank reported, you died twice reported, you took my blue reported blah blah blah.
so you are more offended by the threat of a report than you are by the racial slurs that were commonplace?

Noblepeasant

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setha So View Post
I left a game because I was constantly being harassed and decided that if I left, they would do better without me. Was that okay? Or should I have waited until the game ended? I didn't report any of them, but I have a strange feeling they reported me for leaving. If this was sent to the tribunal, would they look at the comments the other players left, too, and maybe pardon what I did?
If I was you, I would have muted my teammates, waited till the game was over, and then reported them for harrassment.

If you leave a game for being harrassed, you won't wind up in tribunal, even if your teammates repot you. Leaving games is handled by a separate system. But even then, one game won't matter. It's a pattern of behavior they are after.

Xulsigae

01-04-2013

I'd ignore people like Free Roll Noble. Being showered with insults isn't worth responding to.

Eagleye749

01-04-2013

Man my main just got suspended for a week =/. This time I was just reported by 1 ally in all of the cases. And in those 5 cases I only said ONE bad word to a gp that was trolling me in lane in 1 case. 1 case from being sarcastic about 1st pick instalocking Garen (didn't know sarcasm was a crime), 1 case where I just told our blitzcrank he doesn't land any good grabs (not even in a mean way until he gets offended and starts raging at me), 2 cases in which I talk back to 2 feeders (wtf ban them too they're the ones cussing at me and I'm not allowed to talk back?)

System needs some work and although I agree mostly with op doing a good job, you shouldn't be punishing people for something stupid like "gg noob".