1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
If someone is so touchy they are driven away by helpful advice...why would we want them anyway?
Ooh. One case.
1. Paying customers == paying customers. There are many reasons you may not want someone in the community. That does not mean they should not be in the community.

2. Sure, it's only one case. But the fact that the tribunal actually does this says something giant about our community.

Noblepeasant

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Roll View Post
Actually yes they should. Just like you have to bind your keys, and manually ping. what the community should NEVER EVER 100% ever be doing is deciding to punish each other. This is how things get toxic, pile of tattle tailing petty arguing imbeciles which is what we have. Every other word is I AM REPORTING, instead of playing the game, learning, making mature decisions to mute people leave chat filters on.

The tribunal creates toxicity and a bay state of tattle tailing instead of learnnig to deal with disagreements. tribunal is running to your teacher to say jimmy said I am dumb mr jones. it is the most juvenile poorly thought out system ever designed for a video game. and wankers like the OP make it thier life.
People don't randomly say "I am reporting you". This is usually a response to toxic behavior. You seem to struggle with understanding causation. Toxic Behavior existed well before the tribunal. The tribunal is simply a flawed attempt to fix the problem. It's better than nothing.

There is a difference between learning to deal with a situation (I don't really want to support, but I will) and toxic behavior (cursing, racial slurs, vulgarity, etc). I agree with you that toxic behavior leads to an opportunity for growth and maturity. When the immature brats get banned for offensive language, they are given the opportunity to grow up and learn how to behave like an adult.

If you don't want people to tell on you, don't be a jerk. It's really not that hard to figure out.

Noblepeasant

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post
1. Paying customers == paying customers. There are many reasons you may not want someone in the community. That does not mean they should not be in the community.

2. Sure, it's only one case. But the fact that the tribunal actually does this says something giant about our community.
Riot specifically tells people who receive a permaban that they do not want that person to play their game anymore. The Tribunal doesn't determine who gets banned, or for how long. Riot does. The tribunal is simply an efficient way for community members to bring toxic members to riot's attention.

Free Roll

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xulsigae View Post
People will rage with or without the Tribunal. Reporting for silly things is just another way for them to do it.
People can report for literally anything. Should they? No. But someone who is reporting all day long for nothing will lose a lot of 'reporting weight.' Eventually they will barely register.
The Tribunal helps to filter silly reports though, so you don't get punished for someone getting mad it's Sunday or something. And if you punish all the time, you will lose 'punish weight' as well, so eventually your vote will hardly matter.

not it doesnt and please dont bother responding if you cannot even manage to handle reading. Point is the tribunal is nothing but a silly manual chat filter that causes petty toxicity and childish behavior. use a chat filter and mute and the game is 20000 times better for all.

If you are too stupid to manage a chat filter, and mute function then you clearly are way too dam stupid to understand the complexities of palying this game and shouldnt be playing it. aka you are the ****** who causes people to rage and be frustrated because you sit there killing double golems while the enemy takes baron.

Eventually someone will do a league done right clone and riot games will die a miserable death they deserve for making this retarded system, I will personally gloat :P

Xulsigae

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEMEME670 View Post

Paying customers pay more when they aren't driven away by dicks.

Once case out of...600,000 plus. How giant are we talking?

Free Roll

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblepeasant View Post
People don't randomly say "I am reporting you". This is usually a response to toxic behavior. You seem to struggle with understanding causation. Toxic Behavior existed well before the tribunal. The tribunal is simply a flawed attempt to fix the problem. It's better than nothing.

There is a difference between learning to deal with a situation (I don't really want to support, but I will) and toxic behavior (cursing, racial slurs, vulgarity, etc). I agree with you that toxic behavior leads to an opportunity for growth and maturity. When the immature brats get banned for offensive language, they are given the opportunity to grow up and learn how to behave like an adult.

If you don't want people to tell on you, don't be a jerk. It's really not that hard to figure out.

hey stfu you clearly dont play the game and have no clue what goes on. Every other dam game degrades to a big pile of children threatening reports.

you dont gank reported, you died twice reported, you took my blue reported blah blah blah.

UltimateStrategi

01-04-2013

Not enough monocles to go around in this thread. Need more.

Setha So

01-04-2013

I left a game because I was constantly being harassed and decided that if I left, they would do better without me. Was that okay? Or should I have waited until the game ended? I didn't report any of them, but I have a strange feeling they reported me for leaving. If this was sent to the tribunal, would they look at the comments the other players left, too, and maybe pardon what I did?

20thCenturyFaux

QA Analyst

01-04-2013
2 of 3 Riot Posts

This thread made my heart grow three sizes. Thanks for the help cleaning up the streets, dude!

Vegaszfinest

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20thCenturyFaux View Post
This thread made my heart grow three sizes. Thanks for the help cleaning up the streets, dude!
Tribunal is a way of Riot saying "We're too poor to hire people". So we'll let players ban players.