League of Legends - the Canadian Scene

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaskedCrusader10

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathVerdict1 View Post
As a Canadian I approve. I love to play league however I dont got a team and i dont think im that good xD
Don't have to be good to join a team and the team doesn't have to be good either, the purpose of this thread is bring awareness to the scene, the scrims would be mostly for funzies for now

Irisaurus Rex

01-01-2013

Frenchie Canadian here! Make sure to join the Quebec league chatroom if you're French. It's always nice to play with fellow Canadians.

MaskedCrusader10

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris View Post
Frenchie Canadian here! Make sure to join the Quebec league chatroom if you're French. It's always nice to play with fellow Canadians.
Yeah, the Quebec's channel has already lots of people on it for people who wants to search for a French group to play.

What we wanted was to make a Canadian channel for everyone in Canada to find a group, not just Qc

Plus, we could prove how much Canadians value the game and create a real strong community within NA.

hoshihime

01-04-2013

It makes me sad to see all the hate for little details from your post in which the general idea had a good potential.

I'd love to have a Canadian LoL scene, get all hyped for the tournaments and stuff. Unfortunately, considering the differences in laws and such, it would be hard for Quebec players to get into the contests (I can't even participate in student contests in graphic design outside Canada, imagine a gaming tournament XD). If this happens, it'll probably be completely in English, but I think it would still be fine, we're already used to the game aren't we?

I'd love to cheer a team live in a Canadian tournament *_*

MaskedCrusader10

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshihime View Post
It makes me sad to see all the hate for little details from your post in which the general idea had a good potential.

I'd love to have a Canadian LoL scene, get all hyped for the tournaments and stuff. Unfortunately, considering the differences in laws and such, it would be hard for Quebec players to get into the contests (I can't even participate in student contests in graphic design outside Canada, imagine a gaming tournament XD). If this happens, it'll probably be completely in English, but I think it would still be fine, we're already used to the game aren't we?

I'd love to cheer a team live in a Canadian tournament *_*
Yeah, you're right. People in Qc that watches streams watches English stream usually even if they're not that good in English because there aren't much French based streams going on, so they should used to listen to English casters :P.

I don't mind seeing a tournament in Vancouver or Ontario instead of Qc (considering the complexity of the whole thing ;__; ), as long as there is one I will be happy .

TankyTrap

01-06-2013

Eh, whats this thread aboot?

MaskedCrusader10

01-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankyTrap View Post
Eh, whats this thread aboot?
Sorry! I do love the stereotype there mate, but for your information we unfortunately don't speak this way, or at least not all of us. To my knowledge, only a minority of English Canadians have this "patois". I for one don't say "Eh!" every sentence. In fact, I don't recall even saying it at all! As for the "ou" becoming "oo" is common amongst French Canadians that are beginning to learn English more than anything else, since our pronounciation of "ou" is your pronounciation "oo". Some stereotypes are true though. The "Sorry" Canadian is very present in rural regions and most urban regions. Although, in Urban Centers, such as Montréal, Ottawa and Toronto, people bumping into others and passing through a crowd tend to not care as much to excuse themselves of intrusions. Canadians tend to value politeness as a virtue that should not be forgotten in any aspects of life. We are polite, but are not the type of people that would offer doughnut when someone bump into us after saying "Sorry, eh!" like what you see in "How I met your mother"... Lol

Still a funny stereotype though :3

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2013

bump for Canada

Mrdinglbry

01-07-2013

You wanna play LOL eh?

Uiraya

01-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
the far East Coast of Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedCrusader10 View Post
Quebec
Nope.

My brother and I are likely the most eastern NA players.
~Uiru