( PBE ) Mid Speed Shrine is now a relic that restores HP/Mana/Energy and grants MvS

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moobeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Interesting change! The speed shrine no longer grants speed unless you pick up the health/mana/energy restoring relic.

Seems to spawn at 1:55 and respawn every 1:30 seconds.

Thoughts or maybe some input from Nome?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lhyanc

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Very interesting.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ahskance

Senior Member

01-04-2013

I wonder what the purpose of it is. A benefit for pushing into their half of the map and holding the line forward?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roman

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahskance View Post
I wonder what the purpose of it is. A benefit for pushing into their half of the map and holding the line forward?
i'm almost certain they want to have an objective to fight for at lvl 1 as opposed to just sitting around in a bush until minions spawn

maybe this will help


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashen Paige

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
i'm almost certain they want to have an objective to fight for at lvl 1 as opposed to just sitting around in a bush until minions spawn

maybe this will help
yeah, without the the altars to fight for lvl 1 the only reason you fought and didnt level to 2 was to gain the first blood money. with this, theres a more"real" objective to go after, if nothing else, it definitely strengthens the jungling aspect of the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

01-04-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Trying it out as a replacement for the Speed Shrine. May or may not eventually have a jungle mob spawn at Vilemaw's position as well (until Vilemaw spawns). Speed Shrine had to go though


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bobinatorlol

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen Paige View Post
yeah, without the the altars to fight for lvl 1 the only reason you fought and didnt level to 2 was to gain the first blood money. with this, theres a more"real" objective to go after, if nothing else, it definitely strengthens the jungling aspect of the game.
Why is a health restoring relic more valuable to fight over than first blood at level 1?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerglinator

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Trying it out as a replacement for the Speed Shrine. May or may not eventually have a jungle mob spawn at Vilemaw's position as well (until Vilemaw spawns). Speed Shrine had to go though
Now only one person gets the Speed Boost, giving an actual advantage...excellent.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashen Paige

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinatorlol View Post
Why is a health restoring relic more valuable to fight over than first blood at level 1?
well level 1 fights also had the habit of displaying who could establish jungle control and set the pace of a match so a health pick up just solidifies it more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen Paige View Post
well level 1 fights also had the habit of displaying who could establish jungle control and set the pace of a match so a health pick up just solidifies it more.
But if you don't fight over it, it's irrelevant.