When is the banning system going to change?

12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iner7ia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

bump

Raabemaster

01-03-2013

agree

Boo the Hamster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

It's already been stated that champion releases are going down by far in 2013 (12-14 being the goal). So you're looking at one champ a month on average. Bans are fine as is so long as there isn't absolute must bans (Amumu/Shen/Malphite)

Minishmaster

01-03-2013

In LoL, three bans in the middle of a round can provide a completely uncounterable lane, due to the way champions work.

BroForgotnglory

01-03-2013

Yea this has been brought up several times but riot never seems to listen.

The current banning system is flawed in it's design and at best protects ranked games from riot's balancing screw ups, but most often it just creates a stale and repetitive banning cycle because it is impossible to know what the enemy might play. As usually the counters to a strong hero get banned and if the player is half decent at all there chance of winning goes way through the roof. Like for real.. the only thing more OP than an OP hero, is an OP hero when all of the counter's to it are banned.

It would be nice if they finally listened and maybe showed peoples most played heroes at champion select.

BroForgotnglory

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minishmaster View Post
In LoL, three bans in the middle of a round can provide a completely uncounterable lane, due to the way champions work.
Not at all.

His suggestion stated that there would be 6 heroes picked and 4 heroes banned before the next banning phase begun. You would have to be completely blind not to see an uncounterable lane coming when you have over half of the game information already.

Minishmaster

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroForgotnglory View Post
Not at all.

His suggestion stated that there would be 6 heroes picked and 4 heroes banned before the next banning phase begun. You would have to be completely blind not to see an uncounterable lane coming when you have over half of the game information already.
The sixth pick is followed by three bans from each side. You can conceivably pick a support, ban out three of the supports that can deal with you effectively, and then have a dominant lane no matter what AD you pick later on.

Iner7ia

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minishmaster View Post
Can you provide an example of this?

Also, if this is the case, I think may be possible to work around. First of all, I think it's somewhat problematic that there are champions that literally are complete counters to other champions. I think it's kind of stupid that champion A beats champion B rather than player A beats player B.

What I mean is, either Riot should add enough supports(if there aren't enough already?) that you can't simply ban all of them that counter X support, or they need to make it so that a single champion isn't unbeatable if 3 champions are banned.

Alternatively -- As I said before, the 2 phase system may really not be possible in LoL if it's THAT concrete. However, the problem still exists that there are too many champions and not enough of them can be banned. By some method, the system should still change.

randomgiraffe

01-03-2013

Another fun idea would be instead of having a "team captain" ban all 5 champs on each side respectively, every player from both teams gets to ban one champ each.

This way, you prevent troll captains from banning champs that shouldn't be banned and it also allows each player to ban a champ that they know they play particularly poorly against.

Iner7ia

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomgiraffe View Post
Another fun idea would be instead of having a "team captain" ban all 5 champs on each side respectively, every player from both teams gets to ban one champ each.

This way, you prevent troll captains from banning champs that shouldn't be banned and it also allows each player to ban a champ that they know they play particularly poorly against.
Not a bad idea. However, it may be more likely that you would get at least one troll ban if you had to rely on each of 5 people, especially with the way it is with calling rolls in draft/ranked. Also, in some cases it may be better to let the "captain" do the banning since in ranked, they are the person with the highest elo.

I didn't really have normals in mind as much when I made this post, it was mostly a competitive mindset, like ranked 5v5.

Definitely not dismissing your idea, just giving feedback. It's a possibility.

Edit: Oh, and I don't know if this is still the case or not -- but I think they should not allow for the team captain to not input a ban. I've seen before an AFK leader skip out on a ban and only have 5 champions banned or something like that. I think there needs to always be a full set of bans, even if it has to pick a random.

12345612 ... 14