Does Tryndamere need to be reworked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sehnder

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korean View Post
Yeah, I re-read the patch notes. I also realized theyre taking out his attack speed from bloodlusts.. That right there is enough to make him suck. He's heavily dependent on bloodlust stacking attack speed.
The attack speed thing is one of the main issues people leery of the changes have.

Cyatomorrow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

Attack speed is cheap. Critical chance is expensive.

I feel this is a buff. Full-stack Bloodlust now gives 60% crit and an extra 40 damage, and it's going to be easy to keep for the duration of a team-fight, because crits now add Bloodlust stacks. With an Infinity Edge, he'll be able to crit every hit, probably for 500 a hit, and potentially heal himself to full with Bloodlust twice a battle.

Sehnder

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyatomorrow View Post
Attack speed is cheap. Critical chance is expensive.

I feel this is a buff. Full-stack Bloodlust now gives 60% crit and an extra 40 damage, and it's going to be easy to keep for the duration of a team-fight, because crits now add Bloodlust stacks. With an Infinity Edge, he'll be able to crit every hit, probably for 500 a hit, and potentially heal himself to full with Bloodlust twice a battle.
You may wish to reread the patch notes. The new bloodlust most assuredly does not give you any crit chance, much less 60% of it.

Voidgolem

11-29-2009

All it really means is that you're going to have to work some/more attack speed items into the mix and maybe rush that infinity edge.

or else run around at low HP a lot so battle fury gives you a mess of crit chance.

The way I'm reading it: You crit less often, but you hit and crit harder. The changes to bloodlust make me all kinds of happy for early game.

MyLilPwnies

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

I dont think what u build on him really matters: tank, dps, hell stack ap for all i care, he is still slightly on the "i draw way too much attention to myself cuz i make 5 ppl focus me, cuz if they dont then i rape all 5, but if they do, then my team does the rest of the work" side for my taste...not to ***** too much, but nothing is more annoying then getting tower dove INTO YOUR BASE, past the previous 2 towers, only to end up watching him walk away... i guess its the fact that he has a built in OH ****! button that makes ppl hate him so...oh well, i guess its just a matter of time before ppl ***** enough to get him nerfed into the dirt...

iDeck

11-30-2009

His survivability is the only thing that needs reworked. He can tower/base dive with no worries and then helicopter through trees/walls and always escape without dying.

Stormsoul

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
His survivability is the only thing that needs reworked. He can tower/base dive with no worries and then helicopter through trees/walls and always escape without dying.
Which seems to be getting nerfed since they're reducing roflcopter's range :P

TreeEskimo

The Council

11-30-2009

IMO its a buff, and too big of one, but we'll see how it goes. I feel like hes gonna be a monster if they keep all the numbers like that.

Nerdrage

11-30-2009

I like the changes personally. Balances out the "Oh **** brb I'm going to get away every time unless you blow EVERY stun on me" aspect, while fixing some core issues with him imo. The way to itemize him is going to be changed with Bloodlust changes. Less emphasis on damage/crit and more on attack speed to make up for the changes to Bloodlust.

I'm thinking we're going to see a lot more Phantom Dancers, Last Whispers, and such on Trynd rather than just rushing Infinity Edge and +Damage like I see many people do currently. (Though infinity edge is still definitely on the list of **** to get imo)

My thoughts on it, at least.

Grotsnik

11-30-2009

This seems like a buff to Trynd. I feel getting overall more crit on new Trynd is going to give him a much cheaper item build for the same effect. At full stacks he gets 60% bonus crit damage and 50% bonus crit chance during 1HP undying rage.