Laners: the S3 Jungle is not the S2 jungle.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phoenixlol

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTheJoker View Post
You welcome to join a custom and watch me, or just do it yourself.. I just did it with amumu (a jungler with little sustain) to make sure I wasn't mis-remembering as I don't jungle often, but I hit level 4 on second death of wraiths, and finished wolves with 1 pot left.. granted i was low health, but it can be done.. Use Xin, or a jungler with any sort of heal or shield and you'll have a great deal of health left. Maybe you need to look into your masteries/runes you use to jungle with.
Ok, im not talking about saving pots for the point of proving I can survive. I am talking about taking pots at the ideal health levels, and maintaining a level of health that doesnt kill me in a single auto from a champion.

I wrongfully assumed you were trying to hit level 4 with a reasonable amount of HP to consider ganking a lane. What you are proposing is entirely possible, however not the best way of doing things. The way you are talking about assumes that you are not going to gank, and that you as AMUMU wil not be counter jungled at red. This line of thinking may work for you currently, but read on.

If I might offer some advice I would recommend the follow route: wolves>blue>wraiths>wolves>red>wraiths>GANK

This ensures that you are generally healthy enough to survive a gank or god forbid a counter jungle, which in all honesty will happen to you as mumu at higher elos. They WILL try to kill you at red, because you cant do much fighting, and you are probably pretty low.

ElementzPRO

01-03-2013

Maybe you should play a better jungler
Jax takes ~0 damage for example
Maokai would probably be really safe but I dont jungle often so dunno
Nunu takes no damage
Lee sin is very safe

yeah if youre taking alistar there will be problems

randomgiraffe

01-03-2013

Bump for sweet jungling justice

Tehadam

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoruichi View Post
Play stronger junglers.

Those are my wraiths. Go gank something.
Then I'll tax the **** out of your lane.

JesterTheJoker

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixlol View Post
Ok, im not talking about saving pots for the point of proving I can survive. I am talking about taking pots at the ideal health levels, and maintaining a level of health that doesnt kill me in a single auto from a champion.

I wrongfully assumed you were trying to hit level 4 with a reasonable amount of HP to consider ganking a lane. What you are proposing is entirely possible, however not the best way of doing things. The way you are talking about assumes that you are not going to gank, and that you as AMUMU wil not be counter jungled at red. This line of thinking may work for you currently, but read on.

If I might offer some advice I would recommend the follow route: wolves>blue>wraiths>wolves>red>wraiths>GANK

This ensures that you are generally healthy enough to survive a gank or god forbid a counter jungle, which in all honesty will happen to you as mumu at higher elos. They WILL try to kill you at red, because you cant do much fighting, and you are probably pretty low.
I did it with amumu to make sure it could be done.. if you can do it with amumu it can be done with a stronger jungler much easier.. Xin for instance will finish second wolves with 1 pot and over 650 HP.. Noc I imagine will be very similar, as will any champ with a built in heal/shield.

Of course this assumes you aren't counter jungled, as that will mess up ANY jungle plan (which is the entire point of counter-jungling, to set back your opponent). If the enemy team sits in wait for you at red, and your team doesn't notice and you die, sure, that is going to mess up what I'm talking about. if they steal your red, it will mess up what I'm talking about. Thats obvious.

My point is merely that I do not understand why people avoid golems all the time, as there are many junglers that can do golems without problem and can get extra experience and gold without negatively effecting their game.. Sure, not all junglers are the same, some are better at ganking then they are in the jungle, some the opposite, I'm just saying that I think a lot of people underestimate the ability of junglers like lee sin, Nocturne, Xin, Yorick (yes, with aggro changes on creeps, this is very viable), Maokai, Jax etc and avoid golems because others struggle on them in the beginning.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterTheJoker View Post
I did it with amumu to make sure it could be done.. if you can do it with amumu it can be done with a stronger jungler much easier.
Amumu is pretty much the strongest/safest jungler in the game right now. He doesn't have sustain but he kills camps faster than AD champs.

vulcz

01-03-2013

Also, blue and red buffs are earned. Not a given.

sdjaks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brolaf View Post
Also, blue and red buffs are earned. Not a given.
I don't mind giving blue and red up, I just hate that so much xp is attached to the main mob. It really hurts your second and third clears when blue is only given to mid.

CloudRoga

01-03-2013

I agree, every solo que game I get this happens:

Our ally loses lane, complains that it's the jungler's fault. Then says (and I quote) [All] "GG jungler can't gank, he stays in his jungler farming and your lee sin ganked at level 2 gggg."

It annoys me so much :/

vulcz

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjaks View Post
I don't mind giving blue and red up, I just hate that so much xp is attached to the main mob. It really hurts your second and third clears when blue is only given to mid.
What I mean is, If my mid is 0/2 or worse, he isn't getting my second blue.