Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-03-2013
15 of 15 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devanstator View Post
Xin, if I've already made my submission but my images were of the wrong aspect ratio (1280x960 instead of 1280x720), should I re-submit my entry with different images? It's a bit of a pain that it has to be exactly those dimensions because in order to crop them I'd need to take the photos from farther back, which significantly hampers my ability to do detail shots. Is it acceptable to have black bars on the sides to meet the requirements? Is there risk of disqualification based on this requirement?

Thanks for any clarification you can provide
You will want to make your images fit the specified resolution. You can use a number of programs to crop your images after you take them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lilybet

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Xin, i am very jealous of you and your icon right now. That skin is the reason I entered this contest in the first place.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caelsia

Junior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
You will want to make your images fit the specified resolution. You can use a number of programs to crop your images after you take them.

then if I have already sent my entry, I can change a few things and resend before this midnight? ie within 4 hours.

news is that in my language (Spanish) is different from the U.S. because the typical Spanish sweets are not the same, not was putting what I had to put the server name (west) and if I have more time to finish my entry I would like to use it to put a few last details.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Belhene

Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xin it to Win It View Post
The WooBox Submission form has been re-opened. The contest was supposed to end last night, but it was our error, so you have until midnight PST.
OMG thank you so much. <3
I was really worried because I planned everything to finish tonight.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Wild Magikarp

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelsia View Post
then if I have already sent my entry, I can change a few things and resend before this midnight? ie within 4 hours.

news is that in my language (Spanish) is different from the U.S. because the typical Spanish sweets are not the same, not was putting what I had to put the server name (west) and if I have more time to finish my entry I would like to use it to put a few last details.
I would do just that and mention in the description box that you're resubmitting them at the proper resolution this time around.

If it matters, I just used MS Paint and used the resize option (pixels, not percentage option) and told it to become 1280x720.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caelsia

Junior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wild Magikarp View Post
I would do just that and mention in the description box that you're resubmitting them at the proper resolution this time around.

If it matters, I just used MS Paint and used the resize option (pixels, not percentage option) and told it to become 1280x720.

then can I use this last 4h to deadline and resend my entry modified pls? T:T im worryed about some things.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Miro T1000

Junior Member

01-03-2013

this guy with nick Spammer321.

guys this guy ****ed the whole game, the fool can not play on another lane, and when someone asks before it does not matter, it goes to the same lane that you and **** your game and then the whole team is making excuses or talking ****.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Wild Magikarp View Post
I would do just that and mention in the description box that you're resubmitting them at the proper resolution this time around.

If it matters, I just used MS Paint and used the resize option (pixels, not percentage option) and told it to become 1280x720.
MS Paint works if you just need to resize, but if the source image is not the right aspect ratio then you'll end up with an image that appears squished/stretched in one direction, and Paint is terrible for precision cropping. I'll probably install GIMP when I get home to sort this out.

My issue is that I'd rather not crop because my camera isn't great and I want to make full use of the CCD to get decent quality :/
Adding black bars would be better for my case, but I'm unsure if that's alright.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

W1nddancer

Member

01-03-2013

can someone crop my picks for me ? im on page 32 and i dont know how to do it with iphone pics


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Wild Magikarp

Senior Member

01-03-2013

I guess looking at the couple pictures I submitted they do look a bit squished but I guess I lucked out and got them from a decent enough angle that it still looks OK. I was so concerned about the actual project itself that I didn't put a bit of thought into resizing it properly ><.