How can we solve the troll problem at Ranked Champ Selection?

Kick-vote + Report 629 78.04%
Other solution (post your thoughts!) 88 10.92%
Problem? I love being trolled and having to play ARAM while I wait 125 15.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 806. You may not vote on this poll

Solutions to trolls in Ranked Champ Select

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Umari0

01-01-2013

I like the idea. IMPLEMENT THIS NAO RIOT. kthxbai

Flan chan

01-02-2013

Dear riot make this but only for ranked solo/duo this is a place where the game is supposed to be competitive and serious not a place for fooling around with new metas i love the idea of diffferent meta and switching it up but why do people have to sink my elo with it why cant they be made to take that to normals until its been tried and proven also like i said before ranked is competitive and all that so i dont want bottom teir champs either if someone wants to support nidalee or karma thats fine they can be fun but i dont want it in my ranked games

That being said if someone calls ARAM i might have to click random and go mid and if the other team doesnt aram then they are cheaters and im still a winner in my heart

CrazyHorsesNZ

01-02-2013

Riot! Do it!

iainB85

01-03-2013

I would remove the "Doubling up on Picks" option as this is very specific, and meta-enforcing which Riot tends to shy away from. It could also easily be lumped into "Refusing to Communicate with Team".

Also, the only area I see this system being problematic is the high end of the elo spectrum where players constantly play against the same small pool of players.

I still think this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...231866&page=32 -- offers a more elegant solution to trolling in general during champion select than a kick vote option.

GingerBeardMan

01-03-2013

[QUOTE=Nekrocow;31764584] Stuff [QUOTE]

So now the same people reporting everyone and voting punish in the tribunal are going to have the option to kick you from a game and report you? Great, let's just give the community the ban stick too, that way everyone who gets upset can ban everyone!

Vilacom

01-03-2013

Its been stated but I just want to say it again,

Real problem I have with this is people who freak out about a certain champ/strat at team select.

This effects me directly because I play Nasus, and pretty much ONLY Nasus. Now I'm sure I'm going to get some hate for saying it but I also play him to whatever role the team needs and honestly he works pretty damn well as both a support and jungler in addition to top lane. Haven't really had to try him as an ADC or Mid and hopefully wont have to but the amount of whining I see when I pick him....and its not like oh ill support nasus then i try to build him like I'm top lane, I play him as a legit support(4-0 with it too....its kind of scary lol) or jungler.

But I have no doubt if there were a kick function in I would get booted from many games just because of the champion I enjoy playing and Scarra's little comment at worlds about how he is the only non viable champ in the game.

While I agree something needs to be done for the problems at champ select it needs to be done in a way that wont punish people for playing a champ they enjoy but isn't considered "viable"

Boomerang69

01-03-2013

how about kick vote NO REPORT.

sick of reporting. LEAGUE OF REPORTING. report this guy your team is winning. Report report THIS IS NOT HELLO KITTY ADVENTURE. This is the league of legends

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
I would remove the "Doubling up on Picks" option as this is very specific, and meta-enforcing which Riot tends to shy away from. It could also easily be lumped into "Refusing to Communicate with Team".

Also, the only area I see this system being problematic is the high end of the elo spectrum where players constantly play against the same small pool of players.

I still think this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...231866&page=32 -- offers a more elegant solution to trolling in general during champion select than a kick vote option.
Will remove the "doubling up on picks" option to avoid confusion.

That other thread is really interesting, but it involves a HUGE change, and we know Riot prefers to go slow on radical changes in order to be able to measure the results. A plain kickvote + report option would make use of the Tribunal (which already exists and works) and would be a simpler modification to the champion selection section. I will support the other thread though, since it truly is a better long term solution.

LolSpinal

01-04-2013

Kick vote without report? Why do they need to be reported?