1000 correct cases, justice rating over 18500. Here's what I think about Tribunal.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombielovers View Post
People just don't seem to grasp that if everyone is just decent, there would be no need for the tribunal.
So much this. I can't tell you how many people don't realize that the proper way to end a game in which an enemy disconnected is "sorry about the leaver", not "GET ****ING OWNED NOOBS."

Tsaalyo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitaro View Post
This guy is a troll. Just downvote and move on.

Would punish someone for being too nice in the game.
You're silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuramaki View Post
I don't have a monocle, but I have an eye patch and tea, is that good enough?
It'll do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modpearl View Post
Two questions:

-What are your thoughts on games where people rage, but have teammates with scores in the realm of 1/15/3 or similar. On one hand I know they shouldn't be raging, but I can't help empathize with them. If I had teammates like that I can't help think that I'd have a hard time keeping my rage in check too
I almost never look at the scores unless it's a report of intentional feeding. I agree with you, I can empathize with people getting frustrated at that, but the only kind of raging I'm willing to forgive, I'd forgive regardless of score. That kind of raging would be at an absolute limit of "OMG STOP DOING ___________!". I can forgive caps and even repeated messaging if the message itself is BOTH completely free of insults/cursing, AND valid advice. "SONA WE NEED YOU TO INITIATE WITH YOUR ULT." Fine, after 50 minutes of Sona not doing that, I get it. But the moment it crosses into "YOU ****ING IDIOT", Punish, I don't care what the situation is... unless it's blatant Boots of Mobility + 5 Zeals feeding.

People need to realize, dropping capitalized F-bombs for 10 minutes might help you, but it doesn't ever make your target do anything useful, and it spoils the game for the three other guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modpearl View Post
-What are your thoughts on if a person is being harassed by his teammates and starts losing his cool as a result and snapping back. Where do you draw the line there?

Thanks a bunch and keep up the good work xD
I'll certainly pardon for that. I'm very careful to make sure I do not give four man premades any kind of power. If a person is harassed first, responds in kind, and then gets reported by most or all of his team, that's a pardon. Everyone has a breaking point, and I'm not punishing someone for finally snapping after 15 minutes of "OMFG ****ING NOOB VAYNE."

Thank you. <3

Spirit of Fate

01-01-2013

Do the number of cases provided ever factor into your decision? For example, I generally don't like to punish off only one bad game, but sometimes only one game is provided. What do?

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Fate View Post
Do the number of cases provided ever factor into your decision? For example, I generally don't like to punish off only one bad game, but sometimes only one game is provided. What do?
It doesn't matter. Remember, even if there's only one case, to even get INTO the tribunal, you need to have been reported hundreds of times.

Spirit of Fate

01-02-2013

Thanks a bunch. I started applying your rules, and have already gone on an 11 case run (I don't do cases as often as you). Thanks a bunch

RiotVitzkrieg

Technical Artist

01-02-2013
1 of 3 Riot Posts

Thanks Tsaalyo for putting so much time and energy into keeping LoL friendly and fun to play! I'll see you on the battlefield with my monocle n' Earl Grey

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit of Fate View Post
Thanks a bunch. I started applying your rules, and have already gone on an 11 case run (I don't do cases as often as you). Thanks a bunch
No problem~! I'm glad I could help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Vitzkrieg View Post
Thanks Tsaalyo for putting so much time and energy into keeping LoL friendly and fun to play! I'll see you on the battlefield with my monocle n' Earl Grey

...a r-red...

Mind = blown.

EpikMagikarp

01-02-2013

I don't agree with every point you have here (honor trading/raging in response), but I do approve of the majority of things you consider to be a punish and the fact that's it's important to read all the details. I'm closing up on 1000 correct cases myself and at a higher ranking than you (#4) but with about 200 less cases reviewed (I skip too much when I'm unsure). I appreciate what you're doing here though and that earns my respect :P Absolutely agree that if people were to handle situations better, it'd make everything a whole lot better.

KoolTurkey

01-02-2013

Your a cry baby pansy and i hate you

Rockman

01-02-2013

What I got from most of the responses on this thread.

Manners are dead. I should not treat other players with respect. It is a game, so why should it matter.

Gee, glad my school taught me the value of sportsmanlike conduct.

THE SHIELD STILL HOLDS STRONG MEN! THE INTERNET SHALL NOT FALL!

http://soraka.blogspot.com/2012/10/t...aloran-13.html
http://soraka.blogspot.com/2011/07/s...c-rush-03.html

Enjoy these fantastic comics of problems :3