Enforcement of policy- BR hate - Summoners Code

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JudoPunch

10-06-2010

We can not call out individual players on the forums or we know Riot will hand out bans.

However it appears to be perfectly acceptable to be racist and ignorant, disregard the code, call people out, troll, and be otherwise uncivilized and disruptive to the common wealth.

As long as they are from Brazil.

So I ask, does Riot ban for hate speech? Or does everyone enjoy the numerous hate posts only created to exacerbate a non existent problem, based on an even more uninformed stereotype.

Elbo444

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

It's not hate, it's observation, I have nothing against Brazilians, I just tend to notice that most of the ones that speak Portuguese in game do poorly and blame me for it, I know a few Brazilians and they're pretty cool guys, nothing against the nationality, just against the tendency for them to not speak English except when they're saying "fk u noob"

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

10-06-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Yes, Hate speech is a bannable offence, including if its directed towards BR. report them and they will be banned.

JudoPunch

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbo444 View Post
It's not hate, it's observation, I have nothing against Brazilians, I just tend to notice that most of the ones that speak Portuguese in game do poorly and blame me for it, I know a few Brazilians and they're pretty cool guys, nothing against the nationality, just against the tendency for them to not speak English except when they're saying "fk u noob"
Here is the problem. I am American. I have Americans say everything that you just said Brazilians do, in almost EVERY game. Why are BR special? Honestly, I categorically have had BETTER games with Brazilians.

Why is riot allowing the hate propaganda to perpetuate?

JudoPunch

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
Yes, Hate speech is a bannable offence, including if its directed towards BR.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=278341

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=280675

On the front page right now.

Commander Yordle

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoPunch View Post
We can not call out individual players on the forums or we know Riot will hand out bans.

However it appears to be perfectly acceptable to be racist and ignorant, disregard the code, call people out, troll, and be otherwise uncivilized and disruptive to the common wealth.

As long as they are from Brazil.

So I ask, does Riot ban for hate speech? Or does everyone enjoy the numerous hate posts only created to exacerbate a non existent problem, based on an even more uninformed stereotype.
How does calling Brazilians horrible gamers and even worse sports count as "hate speech"? Its a well known fact that has been around long before LoL was established. I'm just going to chalk this OP up as another bleeding heart that rushes to the defence of those being "discriminated" against by us evil "racists".

Oh, and by the way. If stereotypes didnt work then we wouldnt use them, would we?

Quote:
Yes, Hate speech is a bannable offence, including if its directed towards BR. report them and they will be banned.
So Lima, are we not allowed to say anything negative towards Brazilians? Does saying 90% of BR's are bad gamers and that they mostly ruin games constitute as hate speech? Granted there are some good BR gamers, but even they hate the bulk of the BR gamer population for said reasons.

Epitek

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PretzelBagel View Post
How does calling Brazilians horrible gamers and even worse sports count as "hate speech"? Its a well known fact that has been around long before LoL was established. I'm just going to chalk this OP up as another bleeding heart that rushes to the defence of those being "discriminated" against by us evil "racists".

Oh, and by the way. If stereotypes didnt work then we wouldnt use them, would we?

So Lima, are we not allowed to say anything negative towards Brazilians? Does saying 90% of BR's are bad gamers and that they mostly ruin games constitute as hate speech? Granted there are some good BR gamers, but even they hate the bulk of the BR gamer population for said reasons.
It's sad, this Brazilian has better English than half the American's on here. It's defense, by the way.

Commander Yordle

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitek View Post
It's sad, this Brazilian has better English than half the American's on here. It's defense, by the way.
How on earth did you get that I'm a Brazilian? I dont really recall saying that anywhere. I'm German-American, born in California. Or as my grandparents (and Arnold) say, Kalifornia. XD

Also: If you are going to downvote me then at least have the balls to post why.

Wildspeaker

10-06-2010

im br, pretty sure i am a good player, so i simple /ignore this people
also, 90% of brs dont suck, 90% of the people here suck.
get over it.
riot will never ban someone for their language

and , as br as hackers, i agree.
dont mess w/ us, we dont like each other , but when someone starts a trashtalk, we join forces :3

nah... , just a joke.

PhreshPrince

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2010

Quote:
What do mean by 'them' ?