Would a Group Finder be a good idea?

Yes 144 91.14%
No 14 8.86%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Group Finder

12345678 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purpl3Flow3rs

12-26-2012

i agree it's good idea

Troa

12-26-2012

Frankly, for the lower elo players it's a big issue. And you're not going to see new metas come out of those levels from people trolling. The fact is that lower elo players have a hell of a time actually playing meaningful games that are not aggravating as hell because of a troll or some idiot who says "I can only ADC" and then is absolutely terrible at it(ranging from can't last hit, to has no idea how to build an ADC). I actually can only remember one time when someone said they could only do one spot and they actually did well.

Unfortunately this idea would not solve that issue, and we would still see trolls. Frankly, a big part of the issue may just be that level 30 is simply not a good starting point for ranked. Many players who have just hit 30 simply do not know how to play well still, or don't have the breadth of knowledge needed. Yes, it's a 50% chance the other team gets screwed, but in theory this should be an enjoyable game. Not a frustrating one because you get stuck with that three games straight and simply cannot carry the whole team.

I can pretty much peg those players who are going to slack at champ select, but if I then dodge because I am fairly certain they're going to throw their lane and not help much late game, I get punished with a temp ban.(regardless of dodge, I'm having a 95% success rate pegging them if I'm not laning with them). Two of those a day and that's all your league time soaked into bans. Meaning, the game is not being played and not enjoyable. And yes, you can win some of those games, but you have to rely on the other team being absolute garbage, or them getting screwed over worse, and thus them being even more frustrated.

Basically, if Riot wants to see ranked play at lower levels that isn't frustrating as hell, this simply cannot be ignored, but a method of unqueing from trolls or horrifically unskilled players is needed or perhaps a different elo calculation. At this point at a lower elo, there's no way to get away of those games that are extremely frustrating because you're kicking yourself for not dodging because within 5 minutes the bad player has validated your worries. Save dodging, and just not playing at all.

I wish I had better answers, but at the least, claiming there's no issue is ignorant at best.

Chasieboombatty

12-26-2012

Yeah I agree for the most part. But to make the system even easier is to eliminate the 30minto hour time out for dodging ranked. 5min time out no matter what your elo is or what game settings. Good people should not be punished for others misconduct.

Chasieboombatty

12-26-2012

Also they should make every player have at least 3 to 5 pages of T3 runes to be eligible to play ranked!!!!!!!!!!

TaiigerBlue

12-27-2012

Bump

We'd like some more feedback.

gagooli

12-30-2012

Whoever says this is a bad thing, is either NOT stuck in low elo with trolls or is a troll himself. a role selection is a NEED in this game

Glorious Wabunga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

I was just came to this forum to post this idea myself.
God yes, it's really necessary at this point.
Although you could also put in a way to queue without the role finder to find a team of others like yourself who wanted to break the meta.

TaiigerBlue

12-31-2012

Bump

It's definitely interesting to see all the new threads popping up about this on a weekly basis.

bangaa16

01-01-2013

I personally think that this is a great idea and am glad that people are willing to come up with ways to help cope with the currently toxic community

The Churganator

01-01-2013

I personally think this idea is great, but would this only be available for let's say, level 20 and above? I remember the days from level 1-20 where there were no junglers, and everything was different than level 30 gameplay. You had everything that was different, double bruiser bots, adc mid, no tanks, no ap champions, etc.

I didn't read the whole thing, but I think it would be great if there were 2 options, group finding or normal. That means the low level smurfs could actually follow the meta.

12345678 ... 11