Ask the Arrow of Retribution (Varus)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Varus

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandscourgeSkarn View Post
Skarner approached the resolute archer, whom he'd never had a chance to address before. From all he'd heard, his goals aligned with the malign man, albeit of a vastly different scope and ideal. He didn't necessarily agree that Noxus as a whole needed purging, he found all too often that their goals were more than a little caustic to the world itself. But he'd come with a purpose, and introspection was not it.

"Tell me, Varus, when you have rid the world of those that wronged your people, what will become of you? What of the families of those you slay, are they at fault as well? Must they lose someone that they love to satisfy your vengeance? It it truly just, what you seek?" Skarner didn't speak out of anger, nor contempt. His voice was clear and even, as clear and even as his voice got. He was genuinely curious to hear the blighted man's opinion.
Varus was doing average Varus-type things. More specifically, when the Brackern had approached him he had just finished a league battle. What little he had heard and seen of the scorpion was enough for him to respect him as the scorpion spoke. Varus stroked him chin for a minute, pondering the exact words before he answered.
"My only purpose in this world will be fulfilled when I have completed my task. I will be able to rest knowing that my family as been avenged, and I will be able to see them once more..." A pause. Varus' free hand unconsciously wrapped itself around the jewel on his necklace. For a second his eyes closed and a small smile formed around his lips before returning to his normal scowl.
"The death of a son, a daughter, a father, a mother is nothing compared to what I have seen and what I must live with. The dogs of Noxus may weep over the body of one, but I must live day to day with the knowledge of thousands due to their actions. What they will experience is nowhere close to what I must live on a daily basis. Only when they are all gone may their experience approach my level of agony."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Galio View Post
((Arclight Varus begs to differ, as that bow is made of metal.))
((My personal views is that Arclight Varus is a version of him if he had gone to the side of light rather than darkness... something I remember a Rioter mentioning about the skin. If it is truly canon, however, it might be that he had a wooden bow he brought back (the broken one mentioned in the judgment) and the corruption "altered" it with pieces of the temple before corrupting it.
And of course, most skins are not 'canon'. Except for Brolaf, bro.))

Corrupted Sniper

12-31-2012

(How long has this been dead for?)

Vice Emargo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Fang View Post
(How long has this been dead for?)
(( However long since his last post, so 3 weeks, or a month, which means someone can take his place now ))

Shiyunava

12-31-2012

Rhinoa walked up to Varus observing him at first then smiled. "I'm curious, what was your life like before you joined the League? Was it peaceful? Painful?"

Corrupted Sniper

12-31-2012

((So can I grab Varus?}}

Vice Emargo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Fang View Post
((So can I grab Varus?}}
(( Yes, consult Herald or Galio as you'e going to do it, more importantly Herald...infact, only herald. ))

Corrupted Sniper

01-01-2013

((Hate to tell you that Dear Varus has been missing for three weeks... BUT))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyunava View Post
Rhinoa walked up to Varus observing him at first then smiled. "I'm curious, what was your life like before you joined the League? Was it peaceful? Painful?"

Rhinoa would discover that the living figure in front of her was a figure of holographic imagery. It is with this discovery that she notices the sudden appearance of a cloaked man behind her, with a book in one hand, the man flicked the book open and read.

"Varus lived a peaceful and quiet life with his family until catastrophe struck with the invasion of the Noxus armies, for that he remained honor bound to his duty as the warden of the sacred ionian temple, he had chosen the temple over his village and this choice filled him with regrets to no bound. For with this choice, he had lost his family and the one's he loved, at that moment his life spun and became a life of misery and pain, feelings of regret was at it's utmost intensity, his choice had cost the lost. But his power was not enough to consume an entire nation, as such he had went to the temple and drown himself in the corruption that he had lost so many to protect. He and the corruption became one as a result."

The cloaked man closed the book and begins to make his exit. "A tragic tale. But those that are tragic have traits that are to be hated. "

The man gives Rhinoa one last glance before exiting the room "He clearly isn't here and if you do seek the abomination. I am sure he has moved to another area of the institute."

Steampwrd Kitten

01-01-2013

((As I said, I'm going to invade your thread :3))

Mai hadn't intended to come here. After running from Kog'Maw's cave after so many people seem to appear, she'd linger about until she was sure she would have a moment alone to talk with Varus. He was one of the few Ionians she had encountered, and was perhaps a bit curious about the corruption. Despite it being frightening in a way, it was also intriguing. Her curiosity was indeed the bane of her existence, landing her in more bad situations then she can count. At first, she'd say nothing, more sneaking about trying to learn about the man before he might discover her.

Corrupted Sniper

01-02-2013

(( Wrong Thread >.<))