Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Altruisa

01-01-2013

Hey Ezreal,

Recently I had an idea for a librarian-type champ. I know it sounds boring, but in reality I think it could be quite fun.

Basically, we've seen a lot of Demacian military-type characters, but surely a nation such of theirs reveres knowledge, too? I was thinking about this, and decided that this could make a good concept.

Essentially, the champion would be a wannabe-author type champion looking for inspiration in the league of legends, but suffers from chronic writers block (this could be changed if it's too cheesy.). She would be manaless, but as she attacks and uses abilities, she gains 'Inspiration', and when she gains full inspiration she can add a chapter to her book, perhaps gaining AP or other stats in the process.

I thought she could have a passive called 'The Quill is...' then her Q could be '... mightier than the sword!'. Yeah, I know. Cheesy. Other abilities could be 'Cliffhanger', 'Plot Twist' and her ult could be called 'Flash of Inspiration'.

Of course, when she dies, she dies in a explosion of papers.

I was thinking of her being called Fleta, after a mythical Irish writer.

Good idea, or no?

PS: cat girl ezreal plz

Bakee It

01-01-2013

Hey Ezreal,

I was wanting to ask you a few questions and hope you'll look them over!
1) What happened to the old 3v3 map?
2) Will riot ever bring back that old map design?
3) Will there be a new map/game mode coming in 2013? If so, what would it be like? (capture the flag, free for all, etc.)
and aside from questions, i had an idea! Maybe instead of getting rid of the old 3v3 map you could set it as a choice to choose from when you go to the 3v3/5v5 setup and have it selected as either old 3v3 map or new. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Rob Lockster

Recruiter

01-01-2013

Hey Ez,

I read your last posts and questions about bushes.
What if there was a champion that used large scissors as a weapon? He could throw small scissors or something as a move and remove bushes (or made them look half cut so characters are visible and targetable) temporarily like you mentioned. Then it could have a hidden passive with Cait referencing her old build or headshot.

Pautato

01-01-2013

Hi Ezreal,

Will there be upcoming Tank champions? Everytime I queue we always get faced with the question: "Who's going to tank?" and such. It would be really cool if there were Tanky champs too

Khyber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altruisa View Post
Hey Ezreal,

Recently I had an idea for a librarian-type champ. I know it sounds boring, but in reality I think it could be quite fun.

Basically, we've seen a lot of Demacian military-type characters, but surely a nation such of theirs reveres knowledge, too? I was thinking about this, and decided that this could make a good concept.

Essentially, the champion would be a wannabe-author type champion looking for inspiration in the league of legends, but suffers from chronic writers block (this could be changed if it's too cheesy.). She would be manaless, but as she attacks and uses abilities, she gains 'Inspiration', and when she gains full inspiration she can add a chapter to her book, perhaps gaining AP or other stats in the process.

I thought she could have a passive called 'The Quill is...' then her Q could be '... mightier than the sword!'. Yeah, I know. Cheesy. Other abilities could be 'Cliffhanger', 'Plot Twist' and her ult could be called 'Flash of Inspiration'.

Of course, when she dies, she dies in a explosion of papers.

I was thinking of her being called Fleta, after a mythical Irish writer.

Good idea, or no?

PS: cat girl ezreal plz

I love this idea, so much.

DeathInvoker

01-02-2013

Hi Ezreal, first time posting here, and maybe not the last :P

Well, of all the latest champs, Nami is by far my favorite, so I'll ask you: Will there be more Marai in the League?
Although they're close to their death due to the Moonstone losing its power and the lack of trader (I'm watching you, Diana), the Marai are still alive, and maybe they could search for the missing Tidecaller, or even help her on her search. Maybe a Fighter or Tank merman/mermaid would be great (with whirlpools, waterfalls and other water uses that Nami doesn't have), and if he/she has a hidden passive with either ally or enemy Nami, even better.

EDIT: There's also a Cho'Gath Visual Upgrade incoming. When will it be released? Will it be a big change to Cho or he'll keep his actual style? And what do you think about Nami's current state? Is she good or she needs some buffs/nerfs?

That's all. Good job designing my fave champs (Koggy, Sona and Cho) and keep it up!

Postal Miku

01-02-2013

Why do you guys refuse to give Sona a AP ratio on her passive?
Is there a reason at all that you guys wont do this

It would make her mid more viable without touching the viability of her support role

JohntheMage

01-02-2013

@Ezreal

Would you be able to give us a general idea of when the design team plans to rework Heimerdinger?

Anything would be great even if its just a rough estimate. (e.g. 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years, etc).

Thanks, keep up the good work!

HighSee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandaI Twitch View Post
I always thought "interactive Lore" was a great idea, now that you brought up wanting lore integration ideas. Runterran/Valoran issues are resolved within the League all the time, so why not let the players decide how they play out? For example, Ionia vs Noxus match would be resolved by using results from thousands to millions of players around the globe fighting with any Ionian champion vs any Noxian champion. Garnering many kills against the xx champion with xx's champion would result in a point for xx city-state. Or something of the sort.

Or perhaps just slaying a xx city-state Champion would result in a point for them. This would get xx city state Summoners riled up and really wanting to rack up the kills, IP, RP, and keep playing hard. This would give the player the extraordinary feel that they, as Summoners, DO influence the Lore heavily.

Lore events would be amazing as well. Some could grant IP/RP for participating. Some could simply grant you titles, icons, etc. There's plenty of potential to be had. "This match has been marked for extra points! Slaying an enemy now grants your city-state 3 points instead of 1!" Perhaps having something spectacular happen in the game, like having Baron or Dragon give your city-state points if you capture it while it's designated as worth a point for it. Maybe even taking objectives. There's a lot of options. I can imagine getting excited about rushing Dragon to nab a few points for Zaun.

"Irelia has slain a Noxian champion! 1 point to Ionia!" Near where the kill/death indicator is on the right hand side.

I would love a Zaun representative icon, or even a ribbon on the VS screen!

We did have a Demacia vs Noxus match a looooooooooooonggggggggggg time ago to free Ionia. Demacia won which is why we have Ionian boots. Was pretty cool to know that we had a territorial grudge match going on.

Unfortunately that's when the lore department was actually doing stuff.

Tamly

01-02-2013

Hey Ezreal i don't ever comment on posts on the forum but today im feeling courageous anyways

1: Can we please have global taunts for first blood? this would only make the champions who make us feel like BAs seem more... BA! lol

2: Is there any chance we could see a champion use a whip as there weapon? pref an adc since getting crits with a whip would be sick!

3: Also can we have a witch doctor type champion? i mean there is a place called the Voodoo lands...