Poppy: worst farm and mana hungry + ugly visuals.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TerminatusOmega

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendork View Post
You build some attack speed, clear waves. AP Poppy is wrong aside from trolling with premade team.

Her farm is not terrible(on par with many other bruisers), if you're bad at last hitting... that's your problem.

Slow?
My speed at lvl1 with no w is 387. Final speed 488(with no w).

Since the new patch my top win ratio is 90%.

Forget about jungler Poppy with this new jungle. I don't do it, an experienced Poppy player.

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays.../?q=Nintendork

Fact: Poppy is perfect, not for everyone, never meant to be.

Perhaps, I'm still learning her. I looked you up on lolking, made me realize how i've been gimping her potential with the current all AD builds i've been doing. Thanks for that.

Also for top lane, how do you manage to lane against yorick, darius, jax, jayce, or olaf? I'd like some advice.

Donny Slime

01-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenmetsu Saseru View Post
She's on the list of champs to be reworked and remodeled.
Are there any forum posts from mods about this? I'd like to see the list too.

I agree 100% with op on all 3 of his/her points. I have only played as poppy 5 or 6 times, and from those games alone I know that poppy needs a complete visual/ability rework. Although by ability rework I only mean SLIGHT mana cost reductions. Last hitting is essential with Poppy; not really positive or negative, it's just fact.

Jonheath291

01-20-2013

lol she's on the nerf-hit-list XD

Nerfing her W so that only basic attacks (enemy and her own) proc it =.=

As if she wasn't already underplayed

Smokeydubbs

01-21-2013

I love playing Poppy. But it's true she is very mana hungry. Easily goes oom after a couple of exchanges. Last hitting is a definite must.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatusOmega View Post
Also for top lane, how do you manage to lane against yorick, darius, jax, jayce, or olaf? I'd like some advice.
Because you last hit, it's easy to freeze the lane in a safe spot near your tower. It puts melee champs in wall checking areas.
Yorick is ****ing tough no matter who you are. His poke is ridiculous. Tower hug and poke with the occasional E+Q combo, scatter with W before his ghosts do too much. Most of his ghosts do AD, so armor is a must. I recommend armor and lifesteal early.

Darius is a mixed bag. Good ones are hard to beat, but arrogant ones are easy. Wait for his spin, E+Q him into the wall and scatter. He makes you pay if you stand up and fight him. His ult bypasses Poppy's passive I believe.

Jax you really need to tower hug and be weary of the leap strike. If you put him into the wall while he is counter striking, he'll still stun you. So it's probably best to bait a leap near the tower and push him near or into the tower to deter him from sticking around.

Jayce's range is tough to deal with. Get boots first to dodge his attacks. Poke with Q if he comes in with the hammer, and always E him into walls. Best to stay around your tower.

Olaf is tough to poke considering his slow. My poke consists of E+Q combo into a wall and W to leave, but his slow counters your W. His true damage hurts early. Best to tower hug. I recommend early tenacity and armor.

Most of my Poppy early game revolves around E. It's hard to get great CS but you can do it with good last hits, also try to keep up 10 stacks but whacking various melee minions and your W if you have the extra mana. Also my recommended items are after Sheen. That item is essential to her for poke and mana. If you can survive long enough against any tough opponent, your late game will be better than theirs. At least mine does well. I generally go Crit and attack speed after Triforce. But it dependent of the game. Sometimes I rush BT because I'm going against Fiora or someone like that. But Poppy is versatile enough to do well with most builds.

Nyx Warframe

01-21-2013

How about tear of the goddess?

TerminatusOmega

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonheath291 View Post
lol she's on the nerf-hit-list XD

Nerfing her W so that only basic attacks (enemy and her own) proc it =.=

As if she wasn't already underplayed

WTF?!!?!? source on this?

Dthehunter

01-21-2013

Bump! I want to play Poppy so badly, but vs most other top laners she just gets outclassed. It wouldn't take much to fix her either. My suggestion has been to create a toggle on her Q. 1 setting to do big single target damage (same as it is now) and 1 to do a reduced dmg AoE attack. This would help her farm more than 1 creep at a time.

ImpTaimer

01-21-2013

Worst farm in the game?

Any champ without multiple damage and/or cleave/aoe have bad farm.

Try clearing/pushing a lane as Shen without a sunfire, I dare you.

GlyphTsen

01-21-2013

As far as balance, I think a few minor mana cost reductions (and/or cost scaling reductions) would really solve a good number of her early/mid-game issues. New items have helped out her jungle speed quite a bit, but she might still be a bit too vulnerable in the first pass to see much play there (in addition to mana considerations mid-game, which blue can help with but requires the mana isn't more useful on Mid or whatever), so many a little higher base Armor or HP regen, but not much.

I like her latest skin, but I agree her visuals, especially her basic skin, could use some work.

I don't think she should be used in lane at this point, not without a full rework, which I don't think is necessary to make her viable (at least in the jungle).

Archer Shirou X

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noyzen View Post
Hi
i want to ask Riot to care more about classic champion : Poppy the Iron Ambassador.

1- She need visual upgrade.
2- She is Mana Hungry more than usual.
3- She have worst farm in game.

what i said is not my opinion only, i see lot of summoners who says same.
so this is my feedback for you, have a good day !
Regards.
honestly i play her as a jungler (only way i dont get fustrated cause shes easily harassable top lane), with wriggle and only using q i kill the jungle fast anf just go to lanes to gank, stun and kill, but then i fall again late game cause i have to build trinity hextec and some hp so no real damage for quick battles(except for killing carry)