Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcolyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Off topic: I don't recall it ever being explained, but why is the community manager a mute musician?

On topic: Another easy way to skew games in your favor, when applicable (top/mid/adc bot) is to get a higher percentage of possible CS. Also, as a jungler you need to know when and where to apply preasure. A jungler may not be able to save a lane. So just let them know that you cant do anything and try to help the other lanes. Wasting your time on a lane that is too far gone is just expending precious resources into a pit. Hope that helps, anyone. =D

2112RuSh

01-01-2013

So you like Cait.... I love Supporting (almost no one likes supporting this times), wanna go into a game as duo bot sometime?

Yndyr

01-01-2013

Even Riot employees are afraid to play ranked because of the rage there? Uhh.... ????

phatcat09

01-01-2013

So we do have community managers!!!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=32976614

These are my contributions to this goal.

awwmynamedontfi

01-01-2013

want to play some normals sometime bazner? I used to main adc and can give tips (to the best of my ability)

PDiddy

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
My end goal is not a higher Elo, but rather to improvement in my skill at the game. I have found that my premade team (we play normals) has been winning a lot more since I started playing ranked heavily the past few weeks.
This is pretty much how I'm approaching ranked this season. I don;t mind if it's a win or a loss as long as I played to the best of my ability. I usually realize the mistakes I'm making and I just try to make a mental note not to make them again. Sometimes its just a mechanics issue.. "oh well, out played".

Anyway I'm doing well so far for the few games I have in. I think my W/L is 5-4 but my stats look fine for what I do (jungle)

It makes ranked a lot less stressfull. I also don't feel angry at teammates when they mess up. Again, honestly don;t care if we lose or win, I just want to play my best and get better. Ranked is just so I can look at my stats on each champion. If i win games matches will get tougher, if I lose, games get they eaiser. Eaither way, doesn't matter.

SouICry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
My end goal is not a higher Elo, but rather to improvement in my skill at the game. I have found that my premade team (we play normals) has been winning a lot more since I started playing ranked heavily the past few weeks.
Yeah you definitely learn a lot when you are actively practicing and learning from watching better players. Mechanics improve purely through practice, knowledge of the game comes through experience(reading the wiki for example), game awareness(such as map awareness, gank awareness) comes through iteration.

"Learn from your mistakes."-- Riven

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-01-2013
44 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yndyr View Post
Even Riot employees are afraid to play ranked because of the rage there? Uhh.... ????
Not afraid of rage at all, more like I wanted to make sure I actually had enough skill at this game to play ranked.

Subilin

01-01-2013

Yeah, because being a Red and telling people to behave will not work.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

01-01-2013
45 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcat09 View Post
So we do have community managers!!!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=32976614

These are my contributions to this goal.
There are literally hundreds of Rioters posting in these forums all the time. I may not personally post that often, but that does not mean there are not always Rioters on here.