What features of the proposed system do you find helpful:

Ability to report for actions during champ select 125 56.82%
Ability to kick unruly/trolling players 161 73.18%
Not having to dodge in these situations 97 44.09%
Not having to play in these situations 97 44.09%
None 27 12.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Vote to Kick: The Definitive Solution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vanitius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenareDragon View Post
I agree that a vote kick system would be a good idea.
However, it could so easily be abused by premades.

There would have to be vote quality, like tribunal report quality.
The more you vote needlessly to kick, the less useful it becomes for you.

Or... something. I'm not sure how it could be implemented without an easy way to troll.
I addressed this. We're only talking about Solo/Duo queue. If 2 people are trying to abuse the system they have to type to everyone else. And if they do that, they get kicked/reported/punished.

It would function exactly the same as a tribunal report, so it would have the report quality built in.

KHDragonn

12-31-2012

bump.

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saysay View Post
[I play Heimer on Ranked]because I enjoy playing him, win or lose. He is one of the champions that was created, if he wasn't meant for ranked then Riot would remove him.
I loved Heimer since the first time I played him (Tinker anyone?). He was the very first champ I bought. But he's not really a competitive pick right now. We have to deal with this until Riot makes him a viable competitive pick again. Also: You don't play ranked to enjoy playing a champ, you can also play him on normal and win or lose and still enjoy it. If you play Ranked is because:
1) You care, and want to climb the ELO Ladder. This is being a good teammate.
or
2) You don't care, and you don't give an f on other players getting mad because you aren't really trying to win the game. This is being a tryhard.

Another champ I love is Rengar. He may still be viable, but I don't feel him as a strong pick anymore, so I rather pick someone who gives me some more confidence than just go in and ruin 4 other people's game. I also love Shaco, but I tend to suck with him. Solution? I don't play them on Ranked. Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudewithaBow View Post
But why not try something different, because the current system is abused as well. If a troll comes in, people that did nothing wrong have to take a punishment or lose a game because of a troll. And we're only talking about ranked here, so a lost game is a pretty big deal when it is one person trolling who single-handedly loses the game. Also, the punishment for dodging is 30 minutes. So how is the current system fair/not abused?
What? "Try something different" like what?

We suggest votekick as a solution cause there is no other real solution. You can't just point "how bad" an idea it is if you can't think of anything better, and demonstrate why it's better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fongletto View Post
3. That's not what's happening here. This isn't just straight vote to kick, you're reporting someone for specifically doing something. i.e. No communication, AFK, Picking a champ for a role that's already been picked and locked in.
Actually that's how you WANT the system to be used. In reality the first 4 people will pick their roles and if the last guy doesn't take what's left the 4 will kick them.

(...)

Conclusion: The reds have basically responded to 100 of these threads suggesting the same thing you have. All of them gave the responses I have given. The system will be abused like in the cases I have described.
Too many assumptions. There is no evidence of this being true. The Tribunal results demonstrates the contrary. Nobody gets away with report-abuse.

Also: Many counter-arguments for vote kick may be valid at 2000+ ELO, where you can get to know almost every single player and informed abusive decisions can be made. But in ELO Hell you can't abuse the system, cause everything is totally random. There is no such thing as "every single game, the first 4 picks will kick the 5th if they don't like the champ". That just doesn't happen unless you "win the lottery" (getting 4 trolls in the same team)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkChibiman View Post
~~
I queue into game, and get matched with 4 very normal, level headed teammates. There are no issues, we agree on roles, and picking is done.

But wait, after all is said and done we see that their team is far better than ours in terms of composition. But because we have the new vote-kicking system, instead of choosing between fighting at a disadvantage or dodging for a 30min timer, I simply volunteer for them to kick me (it passes 5-0) so we all return to lobby, sans penalty, for another try at champ-select.

There - 5 complete non-trolls using the vote-kicking system to get ahead. This will be by-far the most common useage of the vote-kick system.
~~~
Votekick+Report

You look at the Champ select chat log: Did they negotiate to get someone kicked? They get punished. Nobody talked? They get punished. You look at the report explanation: No reasons given for the kick? Punish.

Vanitius

01-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrocow View Post
Look at the above comment. See it? All that stuff he said? Read it.
This is what I'm saying.

InfHaRM

01-01-2013

+1

Vanitius

01-01-2013

bumpo

Vanitius

01-02-2013

Really wish people would comment so I don't have to bump.

Calys Teneb

01-02-2013

Oh god, why make the poll public. So much freaking text.

Vanitius

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Oh god, why make the poll public. So much freaking text.
... Good addition >.>

I'll keep that in mind next time I propose a solution to a major problem...

Lattice Enthalpy

01-02-2013

bump cuz this guy knows where it's at.

inb4 7k upvote thread and finally gets implemented.