Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GhostPolaris

12-31-2012

Hmmm I might try ranked if I ever get out of my slump

Hi Geoffrey

Recruiter

12-31-2012
41 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YSRS View Post
I'd like to see that happen! Would you be up for Duo ranked?
2013 being the year end in question. Hitting that tonight would take a miracle.

I'm usually down to play if you find me online, but with the kids I am way behind on getting games in with people. I also earned all 800 pts of Elo, so don't be surprised when my last hits are near, but not at the end of a minions life.

Clint Otterwood

12-31-2012

I more i see Bazner I more I like Bazner. :3

YSRS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
2013 being the year end in question. Hitting that tonight would take a miracle.

I'm usually down to play if you find me online, but with the kids I am way behind on getting games in with people. I also earned all 800 pts of Elo, so don't be surprised when my last hits are near, but not at the end of a minions life.
Oh well!

That is fine!, I recall Phreak saying something to the tune of

" Solo-que isn't about being better then everyone else, It's a tool to improve ones own skills at League of Legends"

It took me alot of games from when I started playing league in S1 to get to where I am now in S3.

Nores

12-31-2012

Quote:
Time to necro my own thread.

I've finally had time to play a good number of ranked matches. Right now my Elo is sitting at around 800. Was as low as 700, but I have been learning jungle and as I get a hang of it, I am seeing a steady increase in wins. Not sure why it took so long, but I have discovered a love for Xin Zhao.

Since it's New Years, I'm gonna put my 2013 goal of getting 100 ranked wins next year in writing so I can come back next year and be embarrassed if I don't make it.
You will make it

I was 800 elo after I just started playing rank shortly before s1 ended and imho it takes a lot of time to get to skill level necessary to reach mid level elo (1500s) if its your first moba game. Probably more time than most casual players have in disposal

It took me over 400 games to get to 1300-1400 and overall I had over 1k ranked games in s2 with highest I ever got was 1750 or so

Probably fastest way to gain elo is to concentrate just on one role and 1-2 champions and play nothing but them watching replay after every game to pick on mistakes you make .

That and not raging . I lost a lot of elo due to switching champs/roles too often and probably lots more due to raging streaks. I remember tanking myself one day 200 elo and half those games I afked or trolled. And on other losing streaks I was just playing bad and never made a break

Qsario

12-31-2012

Quote:
Just won a game with Xin, now up to 830. I think a year end goal of 1200 is probably doable.

Ranked is a very different animal than normals or per-made.
Heh, you can probably manage better than that if you put your mind to it. I'd say to learn everything you can about a select few champions. So you have, say, a lot of practice with Leona going from zenith blade into the stunlock, making sure you walk ahead of them, etc. and learning all the different combos you can do, working with your ADC to make sure they proc your passive as much as possible, etc.

Someone like you should duo with a support main of higher ELO. I hear that we're somewhat rare, but it's pretty OP when they duo with a lower ELO, get team captain, call support, make reasonable bans. I actually have at least two others on my flist somewhere, so we can't be completely non-existent.

EDIT: I'm assuming that's the end of 2013 though. 2012 is pretty much gone now, heh.

Clint Otterwood

12-31-2012

Hey Baz I added you not sure if your interested but i'll like to play with you some time if possible duoing or not. You seem like you'd be fun to play with.

InfHaRM

12-31-2012

Quote:
I see you are at 1300 now, how long did it take you to raise up?
Technically it took me 300-400 games, in actuality less than 70, duo'd and went on a pretty damn good winning streak up to 1200ish. Hit 1300 this season started at like 1180, went like 15/15 in first 30 matches then climbed up to 1300. I'm down for a game, I don't mind losing 10-15 elo (assuming it'll be a loss even though it may not) to give someone some tips who's willing to learn =)

Conur

Master Recruiter

12-31-2012

If you'd like, I can carry you out of that Elo with ease, Bazner.

Grey Wolf

Recruiter

12-31-2012

Quote:
I had a second kid and it really made it hard to play ranked until he was a bit older. He's older, so now more ranked is being played.
Gotta love kids. I get to play one, maybe two matches those days I can play, and that is usually 10pm - midnight.