Ask Sona Buvelle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the String

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynd The King View Post
Tryndamere picked up the blue violin, and tried to position it the correct way. The violin looked extra small in his hands. "Something like this?" He said as he looked at Sona for corrections.
Sona silently giggled at the sight of Tryndamere wielding the violin, which did seem extremely small for the king.

♪Sorta,♪ She replied, ♪Hold it a bit higher so the base is up against your chin. Then you can just take the bow and string across.♪

Trynd The King

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Strings View Post
Sona silently giggled at the sight of Tryndamere wielding the violin, which did seem extremely small for the king.

♪Sorta,♪ She replied, ♪Hold it a bit higher so the base is up against your chin. Then you can just take the bow and string across.♪
He corrected himself thanks to Sona's instructions. Then he took the bow and stringed across. The sound that came out can only as horrible, it's comparable to nails being scratched on the chalk board. "I don't think I'm playing this right." He said after a couple of seconds of playing the violin.

Ask the String

12-31-2012

Quote:
He corrected himself thanks to Sona's instructions. Then he took the bow and stringed across. The sound that came out can only as horrible, it's comparable to nails being scratched on the chalk board. "I don't think I'm playing this right." He said after a couple of seconds of playing the violin.

Sona cringed at the sound, but smiled back after he stopped.

♪That's to be expected. You have to lightly string across,♪ Sona instructed, grabbing the other violin and setting up against the wall so she could show Tryndamere. She began lightly stringing out a soft chord that rapidly grew to a short melody.

She re-grabbed her Etwahl and stood back up, ♪See...now you try.♪

Trynd The King

12-31-2012

Quote:
Sona cringed at the sound, but smiled back after he stopped.

♪That's to be expected. You have to lightly string across,♪ Sona instructed, grabbing the other violin and setting up against the wall so she could show Tryndamere. She began lightly stringing out a soft chord that rapidly grew to a short melody.

She re-grabbed her Etwahl and stood back up, ♪See...now you try.♪
He played closed attention to how she was playing the instrument, and her form. He repositioned the instrument and tried again. This time he stringed the instrument lightly, and the sound that came out was better but not by much. He tried a couple more of time but with little improvement. Frustration slowly began to appear on his face. "This is difficult. Did you have this much trouble when you started?"

Ask the String

12-31-2012

Quote:
He played closed attention to how she was playing the instrument, and her form. He repositioned the instrument and tried again. This time he stringed the instrument lightly, and the sound that came out was better but not by much. He tried a couple more of time but with little improvement. Frustration slowly began to appear on his face. "This is difficult. Did you have this much trouble when you started?"
♪Everyone has trouble when they first start,♪ Sona remarked, ♪Some more than others. Although I must say, even though you're not quite there yet, with a bit of practice and concentration, you could probably get something useful out of it. Just work on controlling the bow light enough to touch the strings, but not scrape against it.♪

Trynd The King

12-31-2012

Quote:
♪Everyone has trouble when they first start,♪ Sona remarked, ♪Some more than others. Although I must say, even though you're not quite there yet, with a bit of practice and concentration, you could probably get something useful out of it. Just work on controlling the bow light enough to touch the strings, but not scrape against it.♪
"I see, well I don't want to take much more of your time. Do you mind me borrowing the violin? So I can practice more."

Ask the String

12-31-2012

Sona smiled back at the King.

♪Of course, although a word of advice,♪ She started, ♪If you want to really surprise your queen, try to avoid practicing around her, or those she would normally converse with. Good luck, King. Hopefully someday you'll make beautiful melodies like me.♪

Sona silently chuckled at her comment. The idea of seeing Tryndamere playing the violin elegantly was one that clearly had not crossed her mind before.

Trynd The King

12-31-2012

"Don't worry the castle wall are thick, and I'll make sure to keep it a secret from the people who converse with her. Thank you for your help Sona."

Ask the String

12-31-2012

♪No problem,♪ Sona responded, ♪Just be sure to treat your queen well. Don't want to see her break down out on the fields. If anything you should force her to relax every once in a while.♪

Ask the String

01-01-2013

((Another bump because why not...))