Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hazdoc

08-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
I have removed "Riot" from my in-game name. I agree that it often will influence your queue mates in game (both positive and negative) and removing it will ensure I get to experience ranked in the same capacity as everyone else. I still stand by my belief that good communication can overcome negativity.

I am traveling to PAX this week, so I will not have much time to League, but rest assured, I will be continuing the adventure into ranked.
good luck brosky

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

12-31-2012
31 of 123 Riot Posts

Time to necro my own thread.

I've finally had time to play a good number of ranked matches. Right now my Elo is sitting at around 800. Was as low as 700, but I have been learning jungle and as I get a hang of it, I am seeing a steady increase in wins. Not sure why it took so long, but I have discovered a love for Xin Zhao.

Since it's New Years, I'm gonna put my 2013 goal of getting 100 ranked wins next year in writing so I can come back next year and be embarrassed if I don't make it.

Baron Bodacious

12-31-2012

Haha, I just checked you on LoLking a little while ago. I was like "Why Bazner no play no more?" Glad to see you're back!

Ridcully8

12-31-2012

Good luck and happy new year!

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

12-31-2012
32 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Bodacious View Post
Haha, I just checked you on LoLking a little while ago. I was like "Why Bazner no play no more?" Glad to see you're back!
I had a second kid and it really made it hard to play ranked until he was a bit older. He's older, so now more ranked is being played.

Cruxshadows

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
Time to necro my own thread.

I've finally had time to play a good number of ranked matches. Right now my Elo is sitting at around 800. Was as low as 700, but I have been learning jungle and as I get a hang of it, I am seeing a steady increase in wins. Not sure why it took so long, but I have discovered a love for Xin Zhao.

Since it's New Years, I'm gonna put my 2013 goal of getting 100 ranked wins next year in writing so I can come back next year and be embarrassed if I don't make it.
laugh. i love xin. can you add me i would love to play ranked with you.

Absinthe

12-31-2012

@800 elo, how many 4v5s have you played so far?

KevinDelMarr

12-31-2012

Quote:
I had a second kid and it really made it hard to play ranked until he was a bit older. He's older, so now more ranked is being played.
CG

awwmynamedontfi

12-31-2012

Wish you luck bazner ! hope to see you in que one day

Znt

12-31-2012

Quote:
I reminded him that the rest of the team was not playing on Smurf accounts and that we actually needed guidance to improve our play. He accepted this challenge and took on the roll of a positive team leader. We were able to win the game, which before the change, I don't feel we would have.
Cute fake story. But here's what happens in reality - the smurf would have either ignored what you said and continue to rage because he deems you inferior, or rage even harder and make matters worse.

I love how no one outside of riot employees insist that "setting a good example" works. It doesn't. I have tried countless times, only to get shot down by a teenager with anger issues. They always ignore any advice or suggestions I make or flame me in return. I have had at least 30 such instances in the same number of situations.

Perhaps I'm just not lucky enough to get paired with mature teammates. Oh well.