Support choices - team comp or lane comp

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowcide

12-31-2012

I main support and I've noticed that often i'm faced with being forced to choose a support that complements my ADC well or fills a gap in my team.

I used to always go with what's best for my lane, under the theory win lane win game, but i've found the more I pick a support that benefits the whole team the more often I win.

Which do you guys think is better?

AoiAoi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

graves/taric, blitz/ez, vayne/janna, cait/lulu( i love this one when lulu reveals them and they think they can escape caits ult o
also am i assuming this is blind pick?

GamersEye

12-31-2012

It depends.
If, as a team, you look like you are going to end up with more of a late game then a lane dominance, then go with one that helps the team more.
If it a "Let's dominate lanes so we can dominate the late game" team, then go with someone who is going to be better in lane.
Or if you have like Vayne as your lane partner, you can go with a strong laner in order to fill the gap.

TheGreatDusknoir

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-31-2012

Aoi didn't read thread. Usually I pick for the team.

AoiAoi

12-31-2012

i did read it. i just meant pick a support that complements yer carry and you should be good regardless. i did however misunderstand the post just woke up sorry. i think picking a support that compliments your carry is the best idea, things i DO take into consideration are the amount of CC on my team. if we are lacking CC im not going to go soraka/ez for sure.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

12-31-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcide View Post
personally i like to pick bot lane as a pair that makes sense for the team comp as well as who we're up against. so, if we have jungle amumu then i might opt for something like mf + zyra bot, but only if laning without sustain won't be an issue. if your adc is picking egocentrically (i.e., picking what they're best at regardless of other factors), then i'd opt to pick support based on the teams more so than the lane…but you can't ignore either side 100% imo.

Skoron

12-31-2012

Just pick Zyra. She's OP.

CynicalGiant

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowcide View Post
I main support and I've noticed that often i'm faced with being forced to choose a support that complements my ADC well or fills a gap in my team.

I used to always go with what's best for my lane, under the theory win lane win game, but i've found the more I pick a support that benefits the whole team the more often I win.

It really depends on the carry. If you pick Soraka because it benefits the 3 other members of your team, but the carry is Draven your laning phase may be screwed up.

FOODFOOD

12-31-2012

I try to make a good combo for bot lane, however, if the team really needs something, I'll change it up.

For instance, the ADC is Graves, so my logical choice would be Taric. However, the team has little CC, and most of it is single target. I'm going to opt for Sona now. Still good harass and a strong lvl 6, but not quite as good as Graves/Taric.

Very good question, by the way.

Drukyul

12-31-2012

If you see the enemy bot lane has bad synergy, it might be worth it to just get Sona/Ezreal and absolutely stomp them.