Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koechophe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Ezreal, will we be seeing any changes with the pre game lobby? Right now, since there's no punishments at all and no way to report, it's just a troll fest most of the time where people threaten to feed unless they get X role, and there's no way to report them if they say they try during game when it's painfully obvious that they are feeding.

bissquitt

12-30-2012

Will Master Yi's alpha strike bug EVER be fixed? From what I understand this even happened in a tournament and Phreak just got flustered and moved on.

If you were unaware, after alpha striking, occasionally the skill does not show as being on cooldown but still remains uncastable for the normal duration. If you try and cast it while it is in this state, Yi just walks up and auto attacks. This is very bad for a squishy AP Yi. Having such a long cooldown at early levels makes it very hard to accurately gauge when it will be back up.

DeteKt

12-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Recently I have also joined the Creative Design team in coming up with awesome new ways to integrate lore into our game (GIVE ME IDEAS HERE!!!).
Well, from a lore standpoint, this is a combination sporting event/peaceful conflict resolution outlet, correct? Well then imagine your champions as one would a lineup of professional boxers or wrestlers. They all have their different flair, strengths and fanbases, make it like a comic book. Current events between champions is something that could very easily be written. Depending on which champions are stronger in the metagame you can make references, or to patch notes or things that are OP, just retell it from the perspective of people in Valoran and hand them to the playerbase in some form. Such forms could potentially be a webcomic series done by a small team, maybe The Journal of Justice taken a bit more seriously, with less random quoting of champions.

This could easily have an E-sports tie-in, as I know you guys are really pushing that angle lately. Important tournament outcomes could easily have lore written /for/ you. Say in the Finals of XYZ tournament Team A picks, for example- Pantheon. Pantheon, thanks to black cleaver, has become a more popular choice. In this particular game he ends up mid and the whole game is decided by him for whatever reason. He and his lane opponent could then spark new rivalry. From there you can write in essentially whatever you want, either continue on as such waiting for the next big thing to happen.

There's a bunch of free inspiration material for lore being created on the Fields of Justice every day. Use that!

EDIT: "Strange Artifact Discovered in Kumungu", an article in the last Journal of Justice, is a fantastic example of introducing an item to the game, especially since Season 3 launched so soon ago with a bunch of new items.

7thflamingfury

12-31-2012

hi ezreal
it would be cool if there was some champ could summon skeletons "like shwoosh in rise skeletons from the ground" like champs or in other words necromancers i like summoning champs like yorick :3

ThornAlavarn

12-31-2012

Any new thoughts on AP Ezreal? Would he perhaps be getting any buffs/changes soon?

Annie Hua

12-31-2012

Ezreal, who is your favorite Rioter? .

AlphaPhoenix

12-31-2012

Hey Ezreal, what would you say about the concept of a hulking massive brute with broken chains strapped to him? I mean like THIS guy or maybe Doomsday from Superman.

Think about it.

Someone locked underground for being too evil/too powerful and now he's out and looking for vengeance/looking for someone stronger than him to end his eternal suffering.

He'd fulfill the fantasy of being a big, badass mother f*ker squashing noobs with his bare hands. He'd also (depending on how you spin the lore) satisfy the idea of the "beast" (this beauty and the beast) that just wants his suffering to end. So someone with a good heart, but when **** goes down, you really don't wanna be against this guy.

You have to make sure he uses no weapons when he attacks, or at the very least only uses his chains for certain abilities. I'm imagining a bruiser aimed generally towards crippling highly tanky targets.

Passive is he gains armor/mr proportionate to the Armor/MR of the enemy he is attacking/damaging. or maybe while chasing a target, he passively increases his movement speed. or whenever he is damaged by an enemy attack/spell he gains attackspeed/cooldown reduction. I dunno lol (Yeah, I suck at passives).

Q could be him smacking the ground and creating a wall of impassable terrain right in front of him. Similar to Earthshaker Q from DotA. as you level it up, range goes up.

W could be an AoE where he claps his hands and a sonic wave in the form of a cone which damages and inflicts "disorient" on his targets. Disorient being sort of like fear, except you can attack and cast spells. or maybe just cast spells. Think dizziness.

E is a standard single target nuke, but it deals additional damage based on the enemy Armor/MR. Sort of like a "get crushed by your armor" sort of skill.

And finally, Ult could be him using his chains to target an enemy and drag that enemy and himself to a midway point between them (think targeted Naut Q). Moving apart all enemies. Next, he'd knock up his target and slam him back down down dealing damage proportionate to max health.

I hope you answer. I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

So to recap: Muscular chained hulk champion. Aimed at disabling high health/resistance targets. Thoughts?

Companion Prism

12-31-2012

Hey there Ezreal, I had a few questions I was hoping you could answer:
1. Can you tell me anything, or is anything in the works, to explain Swain a bit more, lorewise? Is he human or some sort of demon-bird creature? What has he been doing as Grand General? Are he and Le'Blanc working together? Does he have a lower jaw? Does Beatrice have anything to do with his powers? Sorry, thats many questions, but he is one of my favorite characters after all.
2. Going off some Shadow Isle theorycrafting I've read, could Hecarim really be just a longer lasting, perhaps more 'free' ghost of Mordekaiser? Will they ever get any interactions like Rengar and Kha'zix?
3. Will any other characters recieve hidden passives like those two in the future, and is there any chance of retroactively given others the same type of interaction?

Regardless of whether you answer my questions, thanks for doing this! It is nice to know Riot cares this much about its players/fans :-)

Olltollo

12-31-2012

Hey Ezreal, can we have a real dwarf in the League? I know the yordles are kind of a substitute but when you play them, you know they're not real dwarfs, they're more like human hamsters . I mean a real dwarf with a long beard in a heavy armor being a total fighting machine on the battlefield.

The dwarfs could be from the Ironspike mountains, where the great dwarven city stood for decades without contact to the other nations. They are also related to the yordle.

IS14b4c934b49e2140947ac

12-31-2012

@Ezreal, Will you ever make terrain generated from skills act more like proper terrain?

It is quite frustrating when people borderline walk through your wall and Riven/Vayne get a jail out of free card (Vayne gets some interesting play if it does change too though, stunning J4 and possibly killing him if she is super god mode.)

Sorry if you have already answered this but thanks.