Public Service Announcement: Normal Games=/=Prac Games

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nagus

10-06-2010

I'm tired of people trying new champions in normal. You can if you want, but only after trying them in one practice game at least.

I'm tired of idiots 3 queueing into normal as a laggy lan party, then triple D/Cing 5 minutes into the game. Practice games can tell you your ping. If I ever suspect lag, I run a practice game to find out my ping, then leave.

Normal is not the new practice. Try your new champ in a 1v1 bot game against Ryze (he goes top every time). Try out item builds. Read the skills. THEN go to a norm game. Leaving the prac has no detrimental effects.

My way of trying a new champ is: 1v1 bot game. 5v5 Bot game with teammates. 5v5 practice match against real people. 5v5 norm game. This way you get pretty comprehensive knowledge of your champ, and don't embarrass yourself.

TLDR: Some of us want a first win bonus, and don't appreciate leavers and feeders.

Valdien

10-06-2010

Whenever I buy a new champ is seems that practice games wont let me just go against 5 bots.

><

Kamrusepas

Banned

10-06-2010

Practice games = Attack damage Annie
Normal games = Ability Power Annie, experimental build (tested in practice before hand)
Ranked games = Tank Annie, because its the only way!

Nagus

10-06-2010

I'd also like to emphasize trying EVERY champion in a practice game, as they come on rotation. It's very useful in knowing what you're up against. Also it allows people to make conscious decisions on bans and picks, instead of following Tier Lists.

Finger Wizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2010

1v1 bot game when you need 2 humans to start practice games?

ok.

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagus View Post
I'm tired of people trying new champions in normal. You can if you want, but only after trying them in one practice game at least.

I'm tired of idiots 3 queueing into normal as a laggy lan party, then triple D/Cing 5 minutes into the game. Practice games can tell you your ping. If I ever suspect lag, I run a practice game to find out my ping, then leave.

Normal is not the new practice. Try your new champ in a 1v1 bot game against Ryze (he goes top every time). Try out item builds. Read the skills. THEN go to a norm game. Leaving the prac has no detrimental effects.

My way of trying a new champ is: 1v1 bot game. 5v5 Bot game with teammates. 5v5 practice match against real people. 5v5 norm game. This way you get pretty comprehensive knowledge of your champ, and don't embarrass yourself.

TLDR: Some of us want a first win bonus, and don't appreciate leavers and feeders.
No one appreciates leavers and feeders in practice, either.

Regardless, normal is for practicing games in a realistic game environment. You should try to win, but doing something out of the ordinary in normal is perfectly OK.

Just don't play Eve.

Rinoa

eSports Coordinator

10-06-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Personally, I turn to normal games if I want to try out something new or just have some fun since it doesn't count to a ranking or anything. I save the srs mode for ranked games...that's usually how it goes for level 30's anyway.

Call Me Jebus

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
Personally, I turn to normal games if I want to try out something new or just have some fun since it doesn't count to a ranking or anything. I save the srs mode for ranked games...that's usually how it goes for level 30's anyway.
Problem occurs when people in the lower level (20-28) start to act like "OH I DON'T CARE RANKED ONLY MATTERS"

and people level 20 are forced to play with people who do nothing but..

Lose, because they don't care making it very hard to get to 30..Or enjoy the ride to 30. Very annoying.

Sparkron

10-06-2010

Indeed. But to be honest, you shouldn't be a hopeless feeder just cos you haven't played a char before....I try new chars in normal all the time. And I don't exactly feed...just play a little more passively.

Suicidal Warrior

10-06-2010

I agree with Rinoa. Normal games is an okay place to try things out. Plus as pointed out in this thread you cant play a one man practice game and almost everyone wants to try or get there hands on Swain so. Plus if I spend money on a bundle I wanna get all I can from it.

12345 ... 7