Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Since you're up to date, Ezreal...

What are Riot's plans to make Shaco more viable?

Do you expect the improvements towards melee-carries in the future to benefit him as well tournament-viability-wise?
Or, do you have bigger plans to give the demon jester a better place in the league?

Rimed Riesling

12-30-2012

Hello Ezreal!

Thank you so much for doing this thread, it's very awesome to see a little of what goes on behind the curtain at Riot. So here are some questions.

1. Are there are any plans to make any more 'good'/'light' champions? It's been bugging me how many 'evil'/'dark' champion concepts there are such as Hecarim (Shadow Isles), Darius (Noxus), and Syndra (Dark Ionia) to name a few in the past year. Where I do love Vi, she seems more of an Anti-hero than anything. I also feel a good chunk of the token good guys in league are very 'all-in' in terms of play style. I commend those who are to play Jarven and Xin Zhao etc. as I can never do that, but I feel a reoccurring theme of 'get into the fight, beat people up, and win' with them which is fine but I would rather enjoy blasting people from afar. I want to see a strong 'light' spell caster that doesn't feel like a Support champion. I do like playing Fiora, Lux, Vayne, and Kayle but I end up feeling like I've been pigeon holed into playing them after so many games.

2. Are there any more plans to make Machine/Robot-based champions? It's fun to see how far Runeterra is in terms of their technologies and to see them in champions, I feel like each new champion with some sort of high tech devices is kind of like a milestone of technology level.

3. Lissandra the Ice Dervish pretty please? Round out the Freljord Princesses you know it would make an awesome trio!

4. Will Zelos, Irelia's brother, ever make an appearance, maybe in lore or as a champion? (hoping for the latter).

Zannic

12-30-2012

I've been wondering if Katarina's father could ever become a champion?

Raygr

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post

I've played Dark Cloud 1 & 2, so I do remember the catgirl with a slingshot. And yea, I could see a slingshot as a weapon, but it is pretty far down the list of potential powerful weapons in my mind.
Quote:
We actually considered this for a dark magic user recently, though we ultimately canned this character because he wasn't quite reaching the ultimate evil magic feel that we needed him to.

Okay.....First I apologize for bringing back horrible memories butttt this would be the perfect chance to make that catgirl character people where talking about in the past except she could be fricking insane and her powers would involve the void. Not cat girl ezreal by the way just....kind of a middle ground.

What? We lack a insane female character. We need a rival for Ezreal and she could use the other glove! Tell me Ezreal that i'm not insane for wanting this!

Celebi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-30-2012

Hey Ezreal, since you're one of those Rioters who always goes in depth and always have a frikin' GREAT opinion on anything you're involved in, would it be too much to ask to just drop by these 2 threads of mine and give me your opinion on what's in the works for the topics concerned? Leave a comment there or replying here is fine.

Riot we need more shields
Monster/archetypes thread

Sainthobbit

12-30-2012

Australian servers. Answer this question and gain eternal respect from a whole country of gamers

rakez6

12-30-2012

Hey ezreal have u considered making a new champ like lee sin? Lee sin was like one of the most succesfull champs ever . What im thinking is imagine that u start with a pet or something like that. When u cast a spell say Q it removes the icon of ur q ( like see sin ) and u can cast your Pet Q spell? isnt that cool.

Anymeese

12-30-2012

PLEASE Ezreal, give us some insight on Trundle's upcoming changes:

1) Can we get any sort of an ETA? I realize that things dont always go as planned, but IF THEY DO, will he be ready in January like Karma should be? February? Next year? What's the plan?
2) PLEASE tell me the rework will include a new trundle skin. An actually good one, not like his current two.
3) Will he be receiving splash art updates? If so, just the classic like Nidalee, or all 3?
4) Will his ability changes be strictly QoL and balancing changes, or redesigned? If, the latter, on behalf of the community, I will get on my hands and knees and beg you to keep his pillar. Nothing in the whole game is more fun than successfully ganking a lane due to a perfect pillar in the face

For next snowdown, consider the Trundle who stole christmas

GlavTech

12-30-2012

I got into a discussion with CertainlyT about this concept.

Is there a champion in the works planned to be a 'Pure' Jungler, like Skarner or Nocturne?

Malurth

12-30-2012

Quote:
And heck, I would love to have a time assassin who takes inspiration from Zilean...though there hasn't been traction on that for years =-P.
Funny, a year ago I had an idea for a time assassin ultimate

It would be a toggle or held skill with like 100 charges, like statikk shiv but with a different recharge mechanic, and when toggled/held it would just increase your movespeed by a ridiculous amount and leave a flame trail behind you while depleting charges rapdily. Obviously, it would be unusable without charges.

The idea would be that he was sped up through time and he could both move insanely fast and the friction created from his speed would set the area ablaze.

To give an idea of how fast, he could travel from mid to top in about 1 second while toggled on

Of course, "trail behind you" doesn't really scream assassin, so either change that or put something on his kit that gets people to stand on it.

It would probably recharge at like, 1 unit a second and grant a bonus on kill. Maybe like 20. And ideally, charges would only be depleted while he was actually moving.

This ult would give him really insane mobility, giving him unprecedented teamfight/lane mobility and close to TF/Panth kind of global-esque ness. Of course, to compensate for this he'd have to be highly skill based, not giving him any innate defenses and forcing you to rely on mobility.

Of course, you could make this kit a lot more vanilla by giving him a "rewind" un-gap closer like reactivating leblanc's W and make his ult just a targeted global/semi-global thing. This would probably work better, I just think my idea is cool.