Karthus ULT Considered KS?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RogerM

10-06-2010

First of all, i think Karthus is a awesome champion. Kill stealing isn't bad, I mean, it began on public games where there's no teamplay.
If a Karthus in a WCG gets a kill with he's ult it's GREAT. Karthus is an awesome mage and can take care of almost every champion with he's wide range. He's a farmer too, so why not letting Karthus get farmed?
If you kill, it's one point to your team. If Karthus kills a lot, you should LET HIM because he's gonna help you win the game and you get the assist so.. you get gold too!
I played Karthus for a couple of days now and he's good to start a battle with his ult and to finish it. I got triple kill with the ult that was pretty fun and i prevented the enemy team to escape in the jungle.

You can use your ult when they are running away and your team isn't gonna get them, so you do. But don't use it for killing someone who's 'already' dead, not because you'll KS but because you're gonna waste your ult and it has a really long cooldown.

Peace!

Razgriez

Platform Engineer

10-06-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

If you have a reasonable expectation that will get away or win the fight, Ult. If the enemy is at 10% health and your team mate is at 90% and doing plenty of damage, don't.

I've actually been a big fan of using Karthus' Ult either right after initiation, which tends to confuse the enemy as it's a really early burst they don't expect and hides the carry's opening burst better, and I've used it to help a team fight that I'm not at about mid fight to do the damage but give the fighters the kills or the advantage if nothing else.

JDrop

10-06-2010

Are you kidding me????? Your team was dumb. Karthus is my favorite mid precisely because he can get to high levels quickly in order to KILL THE OTHER TEAM WHEN THEY'RE LOW, doing more damage than the lower leveled laners can handle. That's the brilliance of Karthus.

The ONLY scenario I could picture in which a Karthus ult would be KS is if 4 out of 5 of the enemy team were full health, one was low and being attacked to death by a full health teammate who was going to kill the enemy without question. If you repeatedly ulted in that kind of scenario, maybe they have a point. But it sounds to me like your team was just raging because they didn't know how to win (or behave).

I hope this is the confirmation you were looking for.

GenesisDante

10-06-2010

I tend to save my ult for when the team needs it.
As an example our Morgana was being chased through the jungle by three half health or so enemies.
Quick flip to their item builds.
Quick check to everyones HP/mana.
Ulted and our Morgana turned her butt around and reversed the gank, finishing them off nicely with a quick ult.

Qualm

10-06-2010

It only matters if you wasted it to try and get the kill on an enemy that was already going to die. But yeah, essentially who cares about ks its a team game.

r431

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2010

I usually KS across the map with ezreal and my teammates don't mind.

SuperGinger

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razgriez View Post
If you have a reasonable expectation that will get away or win the fight, Ult. If the enemy is at 10% health and your team mate is at 90% and doing plenty of damage, don't.

I've actually been a big fan of using Karthus' Ult either right after initiation, which tends to confuse the enemy as it's a really early burst they don't expect and hides the carry's opening burst better, and I've used it to help a team fight that I'm not at about mid fight to do the damage but give the fighters the kills or the advantage if nothing else.
um... not exactly. there is no such thing as ksing. it almost always adds value to the kill and your team. if someone is complaining about killstealing they are a premadonna and don't understand the mechanics of the game. karthus should always get in on kills if he can. that being said its not the shortest cooldown in the world so don't waste it either.

Amarth

10-06-2010

And if karthus' ult isnt KS, then why is Garens?

CrimsonWraith

10-06-2010

No such thing as a KS. If someone can secure a kill before a teammate, they should. In a game like this things can change drastically in that extra second it takes an ally to lock up a kill. That second should be spent on the next target -- whenever possible.

Etyn

10-06-2010

If the Karthus is on my team, no it is not a KS.

If the Karthus is on the other team, yes it is KS'ing and I will remind the other team about it every time Karthus uses his ult to get a kill. I do this to break the enemy team down mentally.

War. It is an Art.