The Story of Vi's music

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nyxilis

12-29-2012

Do have to chime in and say I loved it. I was sincerely surprised when I first saw it. The line of login screens and music has been entertaining. A part of what makes me want to log in each day. I really don't know what to expect each time. A slow sad song like with Diane, a story, any music genre is clearly on the table. What is not to like about awesome variety?

Side note, I convinced someone to try the game based soley on the fun stuff that a game company does with the load in screen. Groovy right?

FLG Eradicator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

Props to all of you involved in the creation of this song. Especially the singer.

I thought for sure it was done by Paramore... Great job.

Shadowarror

12-29-2012

This is the first time I've actually muted the login screen, and been influenced not to play a character.

Praeco

Composer

12-29-2012
12 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidos View Post
Praeco . I have a big question for you.

What do you consider someone with a notch training ? I'm actually studying in music interpretation and production, and I'm planning on going composer in the Udem/Uqam ( university of my town )...
Hmm, while it doesn't directly answer your question, here some general advice for everyone who is interested in working in the music, or audio, production field.. I'm myself still rather young, so just take it as another individual opinion:

The music industry, or in general the audio business is a very tough one. Many, many people in the "top" spots got where they are because of being there for a certain moment in a certain time. Living and working in LA, it is very sobering to run into amazing, unbelievable talent every single day, talent that, in most cases, will never receive any recognition. A lot that makes it happen is circumstances. Mostly, it doesn't go in a direct route. I had never planned to make music for video games, for example. I was a musician in Germany, and had always been a hardcore gamer, since I was very young. Over roundabout 20 stepstones and weird coincidences, I got where I am now. I do not know what to give as an answer, if someone asked me about how to become a great/successful composer. I still have to learn so much myself, I would not feel comfortable answering that question yet. What I do feel very confident in tho is expressing the following: Just follow your passion. I do very firmly believe in the statement that quality will always prevail and succeed. If you constantly put out quality work, people will recognize it. Don't always try to shoot down the big one right as your first target. Be aware that the big one isn't always the valuable one for you in that moment. Focus on the art, on perfecting what you do. Don't put your focus on the success. When I approach a new piece for League of Legends, I never think about how it will help the sales, or the success of the game. I follow my own instincts and my understanding of what might be an awesome piece of art, a piece of music, to listen to, in connection with the visual and intellectual elements. Nowadays, in the very oversaturated music and audio world, with everyone having all the plugins and programs in the world, it is very easy to get a good sound, a good mix, good sounding instruments, and so on. NEVER measure your work based on production value, but on creative value. The production value is a standard that has to be met and that can be influenced stylistically, but is nothing that will carry the piece, and nothing that defines the quality of your work. Figure out your style. YOUR style. What are YOU good at? Over the many years, I had interests in all sorts of music styles, but many of them simply didn't fit my style. What are you, you in particular, good at? What do you have that will add the most value? Know your limits. As a creative person working in a key role, rather than being aware of all the things you can do, it's more important to be aware of the things you CANNOT do. Work on those.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Develop your own finger print as an artist/creative person, have an own style. Explore what your individual talents and strengths are. Find out what you love. Start working, combine those elements, and if you are good, you will be successful.

Ponzichar

12-30-2012

I just happened to have my headset on before logging into the game and discovered the awesomeness that is Vi's song.

lManwël

12-30-2012

Excellent job, Praeco!

Minion Strong

12-30-2012

lol i admit by now ive turned to music off in log in screen but thats not to say i dont love this song, I loved it when you did this with diana( love her btw) and yes, it fits in perfectly with the game, and even tho i didnt buy her (top lane...gross) it made me WANT to lol anyway good job to everyone involved and that is a rockin song lol,

Mestalidd

12-30-2012

So at which part did you ask Robb Zombie permission to use the opening riff to Superbeast? lol

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-30-2012

Your post and link just gave that girl a golden ticket. $$$ in now! Mr. Wonka likely.

Cynadru

12-30-2012

I really enjoyed it. I would love to enjoy more lyrical theme's.