Slade, the Herald of Apocalypse

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChaosDK

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flayne View Post
Awesome Champ concept, went imagining his playstyle as I read through the entire post, and I seriously like it.

The only thing I dislike is the Scythe throw, I feel it is a bit limited since it needs a target.
I feel it has way more potential than that.

It should be a skill shot since then you can use it as an escape or chasing tool, plus it would be better as a skill shot since the ratio + damage on it at level 1 is quite strong especially for the utility it already brings.

Also I remember one of the rioters stating that mana burn might be a toxic thing to gameplay, refer to this: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...25679#24925679

Perhaps instead of burning mana, it should silence champions in an area for 1.5 seconds or something, we haven't had something different like that in ages, would be a decent counter to champions like Amumu, galio, fiddles (when casting), kat, etc.
( Since it is an ulti, make it still usable when stunned but not while silenced )

Also, I feel that % based lifeseal is very powerful, if not too powerful, perhaps it should have a flat value + AD scaling or something, unless the other solution is lower it by 2% but make it scale very mildly with AD.

Perhaps you should add a small intro/entry about his general playstyle.

I'm just throwin you ideas that may improve the concept overall.

I really like it and feel it has potential which is why I'm giving you this feedback.

BTW, off topic question, where did you find that image of the reaper dude?

Those will be done, but most champions are too not balanced out yet when released. Just a saying that champions with a bit of power in it's spotlight gives more attention for players to buy it and will be reworked in a few weeks or so, due to in-game complaints ( marketing strategy ). As you can see I've made a typo on his Q/First skill, it is suppose to be similar to Tryndamere's spin, but a more useful and threatening type. About the Manaburn, I think it will be something really new and useful in this game, since most of the champions just have the same abilities in different looks.

Though thanks for the feedback.

The art is actually Hades and artwork by GENZOMAN a really good artist. Here is the link.

http://genzoman.deviantart.com/

Elf Elix

12-29-2012

Attack speed caps at 2.5, it'd be impossible to position it at increase +3.1 per level. Please redo.

[edit] and the passive, please nerf the stacks and aim for more original passive. (this is just me, but I see a lot of people copying ults, or other passives over to their newly created characters.)

Jax passive, olafs passive, ezreals passive, all seem extremely similar to this.

Immaterial

12-29-2012

Anybody else notice his ult 1 shots his mana pool?

Flayne

12-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroreaper View Post
He's not going to have 200 mana at level 6 dude, there's a thing called scaling.

I agree that it may be too expensive, but it doesn't one shot his mana pool, thats exaggeration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pker5256 View Post

Jax passive, olafs passive, ezreals passive, all seem extremely similar to this.
While his passive is not completely original, it is actually weaker than all of those other passives because it is based on time spent in battle, the only control to it.

Whereas jax can max his atk speed to get even higher attack speed, olaf maxes his health to gain more % attack speed without blowing up + quicker from missing health % and ezreal can get 3 stacks of his own instantly plus another if he hits his ulti.

Also Slade gets AD for it as well which is completely fair given the situation, imo.

ChaosDK

12-31-2012

^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pker5256 View Post
Attack speed caps at 2.5, it'd be impossible to position it at increase +3.1 per level. Please redo.

[edit] and the passive, please nerf the stacks and aim for more original passive. (this is just me, but I see a lot of people copying ults, or other passives over to their newly created characters.)

Quote:

ChaosDK

01-05-2013

bump

Flayne

01-06-2013

You should post this on GD, see what they think, worth a shot imo.

ChaosDK

02-06-2013

bump

ChaosDK

02-12-2013

bump