My last hitting is horribad.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dear Ofelia

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider1357 View Post
Custom game.
Enemy soraka bot.
PIck anivia.
Build nothing.
Practise last hitting.
Ori is my main...and favorite champion by far, not to mention, I'm only level 11. xD

Ifridge

12-29-2012

There are champs who are better at last hitting than others (like actual last hitting, not just aoe farming).

Teemo, Varus, Draven, MF, etc are all very strong last hitters because they have consistent on hit modifiers. Try them. Then move on to champs like ashe, cait, graves, etc.

This is strictly last hitting. In terms of entire difficulty, champs with easy last hitting are actually often the hardest ones to play well, such as Draven and Varus.

Dear Ofelia

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeRFeCt SHoT13 View Post
practice in custom until you can get 100 cs by 12 mins
I do good/decent late game, it's early on when it matters, idk, just..ugh. I can't even get 100 within 20 minutes sometimes.

Spider1357

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Ofelia View Post
Ori is my main...and favorite champion by far, not to mention, I'm only level 11. xD
Well anivia has the worst animation, but if you have a main then you might as well practise with them.

Fat Ninja

12-29-2012

Try watching the minions' attacks on one another. Low level last hitting is by far the biggest PITA to get accustomed to in my opinion. Also, if you see that multiple minions are going to get low at the same time, hit one of them to make sure that you don't miss multiple CS because they die at the same time.

Practice moving immediately after your attack registers. This resets your auto attack animation and allows you to begin your next attack quicker.

Practicing pacing among the minions and using the "S" key to stop your movement if you need to also helps.

I'm not the best at CSing early levels, but like you, I'm trying to improve my game.

Dear Ofelia

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider1357 View Post
Well anivia has the worst animation, but if you have a main then you might as well practise with them.
I'll work on getting Anivia then. I just bought Ori so I have no IP left.

Dear Ofelia

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifridge View Post
There are champs who are better at last hitting than others (like actual last hitting, not just aoe farming).

Teemo, Varus, Draven, MF, etc are all very strong last hitters because they have consistent on hit modifiers. Try them. Then move on to champs like ashe, cait, graves, etc.

This is strictly last hitting. In terms of entire difficulty, champs with easy last hitting are actually often the hardest ones to play well, such as Draven and Varus.
I wouldn't have even thought that. I'd have guessed the opposite. Easier last hitting would be easier to play. Good thing to know. Thank you

Dear Ofelia

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Ninja View Post
Try watching the minions' attacks on one another. Low level last hitting is by far the biggest PITA to get accustomed to in my opinion. Also, if you see that multiple minions are going to get low at the same time, hit one of them to make sure that you don't miss multiple CS because they die at the same time.

Practice moving immediately after your attack registers. This resets your auto attack animation and allows you to begin your next attack quicker.

Practicing pacing among the minions and using the "S" key to stop your movement if you need to also helps.

I'm not the best at CSing early levels, but like you, I'm trying to improve my game.
Didn't know you could reset your AA anything o.O I have a lot to learn.

VCJunky

12-29-2012

Use more AD stuff. And use the Butcher Mastery in the Offense tree.
I noticed some people run massive Flat AD runes on their ranged ADs... I'm talking like Flat AD Reds, Flat AD Quints, Flat AD Blues (Yellows are usually reserved for Armor).
It's pretty reckless, as most people prefer taking Magic Resist, but it can really help out if you find yourself attacking too soon and the minion survives with a sliver of life only to be stolen away by something else during your autoattack cooldown.

If you're hitting too late it's a problem with execution / hand-eye coordination. Just mentally tell yourself you need to click on it faster and practice doing that. You could always make a custom game and just chill in the lane trying to last hit. Then once you get comfortable you could practice on Co-Op vs AI Games so that there is at least some enemy presence in the lane, and perhaps you can compete with a lane partner as well.

Playing against capable human opponents is of course the most difficult, because they will try to purposely deny you and harass you all the while. At bottom lane you will probably be facing bush wards as well. These are difficult conditions to last-hit in, so if you're having trouble you should practice and work your way up.

DarkTemplar99

12-29-2012

Look at your ranged minions and time it with their attacks. Don't look at the damage done by the melee minions, it's not as important for timing.