Should I feel guilty playing Akali?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mattafack

12-29-2012

I guess a better question would be, is Akali a low blow champ? Is she OP that picking her is annoying to others because of all the damage she deals and the great ecape mechanism she has? I do sometimes feel guilty playing her because I think she's OP at times. Should I feel this way?

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

No? She isn't OP at all. She is a solid assassin, and people who don't know how to deal with assassins will get rolled by her in the same way any other assassin would.

chezwickcheese

12-29-2012

Perhaps. She's not as much of a low blow as Shaco but annoying at times. In ranked play with a competent team she isn't nearly as strong as normal solo q play. I wouldn't feel guilty unless you trash talk about leet you are

Zalenoth

12-29-2012

people just don't get the fact that once she hits lvl 6 there's a huge bump of dmg to her. Once people catch on they lay off but sometimes it's just to damn late.

Beija

12-29-2012

After Revolver nerf no, before Revolver nerf yes. You should have felt really bad then.

Mattafack

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beija View Post
After Revolver nerf no, before Revolver nerf yes. You should have felt really bad then.
Can't say I know when that was. I've been playing her for a little over a month.

bigfriendsmen

12-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardalador View Post
Can't say I know when that was. I've been playing her for a little over a month.
The cheap little 1200g revolver with some spell vamp+ap used to be non-unique. Several characters had ridiculous early games by stacking these to get 20-30% spell vamp relatively quickly and cheaply.

Akali was one of those characters, however I didn't think it made her OP. By stacking revolvers she delayed getting her Rylais and the hp+slow from that are often better than getting more sustain. That of course was dependant on you being a part of a team that could cc+focus her down, without that it can be very difficult to stop her if she has large ammounts of spell vamp

Phoe Dragon

12-29-2012

I sometimes feel the same way but I realize that if you focus the assassin, they die very quickly. one good stun on Akali followed up by some damage can wreck her. she has to be mobile and untargetable to survive.

Onimus Terlain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2012

akali is legit, but by no means OP.

She falls off late game because she has, for the most part, Single target damage, which can be a problem.

But other than that, she's a very strong, capable assassin

Phagguette

12-29-2012

she snowballs so hard though, once she gets a double kill at bot its gg lul